PDA

View Full Version : Works shocks worth it? Just get fronts or all around?

bandit390
04-29-2003, 02:19 PM
Im getting some aftermarket shocks soon. I want works since there kinda cheap.

Will I even feel that much of a difference compared to my stock shocks I have now?

If I get works front shocks and keep the stock rear. Would that make the works front shocks not worth having? Im asking, because I dont see why one rear shock cost almost the same as 2 front shocks and money is a issue. Should I get the matching rear shock? Get someone to rebuild the rear? What other options are there?

Thanks for any help
Jon

04-29-2003, 03:04 PM
yes,,,,u will feel a difference in handling & turning. Buy the front shocks & then start saving all over for the rear shock. You know how your going fast & your back tires keep coming off the ground so you have to slow down? thats cuase your rear shock, you buy a works rear & front shocks & you can almost go as fast as you want over cleared trails. Oh yeah.... u can't rebuild the stock rear shock.

PhilMoore
04-29-2003, 03:22 PM
I just had my stock rear shock rebuilt. The stock fronts are not rebuildable.
I have Works tripple rates on the front. They work well with the stock rear shock. When I got the Works shocks on the front they were much better than the stockers, and I was happy. However, now I am looking for better shocks. The Works shocks are a great intermediate step if you can't afford the best shocks right now. If you go with the best shocks, you will want to get a complete set to match for best performance. But for most purposes, the Works front shocks are a great improvement over the stockers and work well with the stock rear shock.

The Works shocks will be worth something when you upgrade again, so you might be able to sell them for a little bit. You won't really be wasting any money buying the Works shocks, they perform well and do not bottom out like the front stockers.

CHAUNCY
04-29-2003, 03:23 PM
I have works tripple rates with rezzies. They are a big improvement over stock and for the price I like how they are. Sure they arent the best but they are an upgrade that I am happy with:D

crazyrider250
04-29-2003, 04:13 PM
You will feel it corner better and handling will be good on it. I have Works dual rates on my Blaster and i think they are worth it. I would buy the fronts and save up for the rear because it is better if there all around.

nyceguy01
04-29-2003, 04:45 PM
i ordered my works fronts last week and the tech dude told me that if i send them my rear they will revalve and respring and a bunch of other crap(basically turn it into a works) for 269.00 with just compression adjustment or for 369.00 it will come back with both compression and rebound adjustments.the tech guy actually told me that unless im motocrossing only on it it would be a waste of money to buy a new one versus a rebuild.i asked if it would be okay to send in a blown rear so i dont have to have my bike tore down so long and they told me all they needed was a good outer body and the ressy can. e-thing else will be changed to new parts.

nyceguy01
04-29-2003, 04:50 PM
i ordered my works fronts last week and the tech dude told me that if i send them my rear they will revalve and respring and a bunch of other crap(basically turn it into a works) for 269.00 with just compression adjustment or for 369.00 it will come back with both compression and rebound adjustments.the tech guy actually told me that unless im motocrossing only on it it would be a waste of money to buy a new one versus a rebuild.i asked if it would be okay to send in a blown rear so i dont have to have my bike tore down so long and they told me all they needed was a good outer body and the ressy can. e-thing else will be changed to new parts.

Natertot426ex
04-30-2003, 02:20 AM
I have works fronts and like them. Send your rear to TCS they will work wonders on it for 350.

2k2-300exnj
04-30-2003, 07:27 AM
a lot of people bash works but they are not bad u will feel more of a difference with the fronts than the rear and the reason the rear is the same price is because it is wider and have a thicker spring and different set up but i have them all around i bought the rear used and rebuilt it now i have the new front end with new works dual rates and they are awsome together