PDA

View Full Version : White Brothers E- Series

2qk4u
12-26-2001, 05:50 PM
Iam getting ready to purchasae a White Brothers E- Series Full system and was wondering if anyone else has had this setup and what you think of it. Did it make a big difference than stock. Do you know is there a better system out there for a 400 that will perform better. I really like the white brothers so if you can let me know how yours turned out.

400exBro
12-26-2001, 06:06 PM
I have the wb slip on and i loved it it gave a lot of power from mid to top and it has a sharp bark to it??? i seen 440 with the full sysem on it and they sound like a rapid dog blasting around an mx track, they told me they loved it , he used to have a yoshi full system and said he loved the wb much better..

2qk4u
12-26-2001, 06:18 PM
thanks for the info

desert-rider
12-26-2001, 07:27 PM
Recieved my white brothers for christmas!! Had it on christmas eve and it sounded awsome. Rode it christmas after visiting the family at night so couldn't tell that well. Rode it today after work and low to mid i could tell a huge differance, no longer had to pull to get the front end up in 2nd powered right up. Still cant reach the rev limiter on the top end. That is with 12 disks on. gonna play with it this weekend and go to a 170 main jet. right now i have a 165.

2qk4u
12-26-2001, 09:12 PM
desert rider did you get a full system? why are you putting bigger jets in it. how does your plug look now?

TRX250EXER
12-26-2001, 10:30 PM
I ordered my e-series for my 250ex and i am also getting a jet kit and a K&N air filter. The thing I liked about the Wb E-series was that its adjustable with interchangable disks. From what I have read people dont notice a huge change in their bike after just a pipe, until they get it jetted and put a better filter on. Since mine is under warranty I have to have my dealer do it. They said everything has arrived but the air filter. Hopefully it's here tomorrow and they can get everything installed. I cant wait till its done. My friend has this setup on his 300ex and that thing flys. Hopefully I will be able to keep close to him now instead of him disappearing.

Wheelie
12-27-2001, 12:01 PM
Desert Rider---

What other mods have you done to your 400? If the internals of the engine are still stock, I think you are going the wrong direction on your jetting. Try stepping down one or two sizes, that will help your top end power.

Not trying to start a flame here, just trying to help out.:D

desert-rider
12-27-2001, 09:16 PM
have a K&N filter , with jet kit. Air box lid off and an elevation of 400 feet. The wb is just the slip on, stock head pipes.

The paper work with the jet kit said to put a 165 main in with no exaust and 170 with. Wife bought me the k&n power kit for christmas. Put all on and put it all back together. that night my mom gave me the slip on wb. Ran it yesterday and when i came off the throttle hard it was backfiring. So i assumed i needed to go up one like the directions said.

All help and input is great,

will not take anything like a flame unless it is a personal attack and even then i dont take it personal everybody has an opinion that they are intitled to say it. I just dont have to listen.:D

12-28-2001, 04:10 AM
i have a White Brothers Pro Meg if thats what your refering too. I extremely happy with it. the only thing i have to compare it with is a FMF powercore4 slip-on and a yosh full system (which i didnt actually get to ride the Yosh). the pro meg is more of a mid range - top end pipe. but with the dyno jet kit and losin the airbox lid i felt a real nice gain from bottom to top. love the sound but its loud. one of the loudest pipes i've heard. alot louder than the fmf and seemed louder than the yoshi. by the way i hate the way the yosh sounded. just my opinion here and all but after extensive field testing the WB Pro-Meg puts out more power than the FMF powercore4 slip-on. i know thats compareing a slip on to a full exhaust but there was a noticable differance in the 2 bikes.