View Full Version : Bow Fishin'

BigRider69
04-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Has anyone here ever did any bow fishing
or even know what I'm talkin about. You can shoot
carp and gar. I'll post pics tomar. Im goin tomar mornin
maybe if the fish are playing/laying eggs.

02Yellow400
04-29-2003, 02:13 PM
My neighbor used to do that. He had some kind of wierd reel on the bow and a string tied to the arrow. He used to get some big *** carp in the creek near my house

lex luger
04-29-2003, 02:24 PM
i've herd of that too...wouldn't wanna be scooba diving or something :eek2:

mo.lakota
04-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Get yourself a recurve bow , with the stabilizer hole in front , get a reel mount and go with a 600 or 700 zebco reel , solid fiberglass arrows with 25-50 pound test line . Dont use sights as you will not need them , aim 8-12 inches lower than normal in deeper water . In spawning season they just roll up on top of the water and its easy pickins . Hog suckers are fun to when they are runnin the creeks about this time a year . Sometimes you can shoot two or three with one shot if they are lined up right . Its a lot of fun and great practice . Try the instinctive shooting and then try Rabbit Hunting this Winter with your recurve Bow its a blast . P.S. DONT FORGET TO PRESS THE LINE RELEASE , Arrows get expensive if ya dont . You can get an old recurve in a pawn shop for 20-50 bucks but watch for twisted ends on the limbs thats from people leaving them standing in corners or in a hot pick up truck , never leave a laminate limb bow in a hot truck , they will explode on you . Have fun if I can help in any way just e mail me at jafo216@townsqr.com

04-30-2003, 01:06 AM
My family has been bow fishing for over 45 years. My uncle hosts about 6 tournaments a year.. Bigrider69 hit me up in a PM if your interested..I'll give you some info about his tournaments... They have the boats setup for it to fish at night and that's alot fun... Listening to the generator run all night sucks,,but i just drown that out with beer...:devil