PDA

View Full Version : LECTRON CARB QUESTIONS...

400exJOE
12-26-2001, 05:36 PM
I JUST GOT A USED LECTRON 38MM CARB TO GO WITH MY 440EX. I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS.

#1~HOW DO YOU ADJUST IT(LEAN/RICH)? PLS. BE SPECIFIC.

#2~DOES IT HAVE A CHOKE? IF SO, WHERE? AND IF NOT, HOW DO YOU START IT WHEN ITS COLD OUT?

THANKS. ANY OTHER TIPS WOULD BE APPRECIATED;)

400exJOE
12-26-2001, 07:53 PM
i find it kinda hard to believe that no one here has a lectron. :rolleyes: Anyways, if anyon can help, it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Dave400ex
12-26-2001, 08:18 PM
Somebody help the guy out. If no one on here can help you, call TC Racing Engines tomorrow and ask him. He uses the Lectron Carb on his motors.

TrengaBlaster3
12-26-2001, 08:33 PM
yeah nobody around here is helpful. hmm.....

12-26-2001, 09:02 PM
sorry dude i have one but i have no clue on how it works my shop is going to teach me how when i go donw again so ill post when i do but it won't be for a while.. i was going to post earlier but i knew i wouldn't be useful..sorry toby

Leo
12-26-2001, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by TrengaBlaster3
yeah nobody around here is helpful. hmm.....

???

still upset because nobody told you were you could find a clutch cover gasket for your blaster..?

:(

Leo

Leo
12-26-2001, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 400exJOE
i find it kinda hard to believe that no one here has a lectron. :rolleyes: Anyways, if anyon can help, it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Sorry, can't help you out... :(

I've yet to even see one in the flesh, let alone play with one.

Give it a while, I'm sure someone has some experience with it. It didn't come with any type of instructions ..?

Leo

12-26-2001, 09:51 PM
Sorry for a delay, just got back on EXriders.com tonight.

On my 300ex, it does not have a choke. I am not aware of any "settings" you can change on the Lectron.

For some unknown reason, I have not had trouble starting the 300ex in cold weather. My only trick is to rock the atv side to side. I think this helps the fuel move around to better start the quad and to save the starter. I hope this helps!

Have a great ATVing New Year!!:)

12-26-2001, 09:54 PM
Oh, by the way, I think you may have to modify the thumb throttle casing. I had to remove some of the sidewall to allow the throttle arm to have more throw. This mod was required to allow the carb to hit "wide open".

TrengaBlaster3
12-26-2001, 11:07 PM
yeah im very distrought that noone would tell me where to find a crankcase gasket... :p

12-26-2001, 11:42 PM
I use to have a 36mm Lectron. The choke is located on the right side of the carb, it looks like a rounded bolt head you pull up.

Now you have to grind the inside of your throttle housing to make it so you can go full throttle. Also, your have to extend the airbox 1 inch forward to make it fit, as well as turning the carb to the 1'o clock position. It is a pretty complicated carb, thats why I sold it.

12-27-2001, 03:43 AM
blaster boy,if your talking about case gaskets you'll never find one cause yamaha uses yamaha bond to seal the casses,or so i have been told

TrengaBlaster3
12-27-2001, 08:13 AM
i found a crankcase gasket on an OEM site. when i put the oil inj block off kit on, i put a new gasket on and i was supposed to use silicone too but i didnt so now it leaks. i just need that gasket and put silicone on it but i found one, thanks anyway.

12-27-2001, 08:25 PM
Read ATV Action jan 2002, it has all the info on all of the high-performance carbs.