PDA

View Full Version : L star

smokeu400
04-29-2003, 08:54 AM
hey ppl i have a 400ex an it has a L star stering stem i bent it in an accident a cupple weeks ago well do lone star products have a life time warenty??
sorry if any thing is spelt wrong i broke my arm and i am typing with one hand

AtvMxRider
04-29-2003, 09:09 AM
I know there axles do but not sure about steering stems.

04-29-2003, 09:11 AM
Not to be the bearer of bad news but I'd have to say your SOL dude...:(

Str8Wicked
04-29-2003, 09:18 AM
Call them up I think all there products are warrenteed.....

nacs400ex
04-29-2003, 10:19 AM
Damn that sucks if theres no warranty. How come theres been a lot of bad things circulating about LSR these days ?

400MXer
04-29-2003, 10:28 AM
It's not really "these days", lonestar had kind of always been nutorious for cracking. My friend broke his lonestar swingarm, and a guy i race with did too along with the a arms, his shock mount snapped right off.( He thinks it started to crack and just didn't catch it in time.) Also, i remember the article in dirtwheels about the lonestar frame cracking at the footpeg area after only a few races, and the arens went a bagazillion miles and still no problem>

The stem is another story though. Any stem will bend in a hard enough crash.

nacs400ex
04-29-2003, 10:31 AM
hmm, I dont think I will be purchasing any of their products. ARENS seems to be one of the best, just from the way people are talking. I have never riden one, so I cant say from personal experience.

400MXer
04-29-2003, 10:46 AM
Yeah i hear ya....ever since i've witnessed those lonestar products break and heard about a billion more, i haven't gotten anything from them.

Yeah, i've heard that arens stems were good. I think i'll be getting a RPM stem when i'm ready.

Teufel
04-29-2003, 12:35 PM
Let me know when you find someone who guarntees any of their chasiss components against bending and or breaking :confused:

nacs400ex
05-05-2003, 10:01 AM
When its time for an axle, I am going to get a RPM, because I have heard nothing but good about them. So if their stems are just as good, I would go for it too.

465Stroker
05-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Hmm... I bent my Arens steering stem on my C-Dale so they must be crap. :confused: All kidding aside - Arens makes great stuff and I know it was MY fault that it bent during a crash and I owned up to it by buying a replacement at MY cost.

Always remember - something has to take the hit. I would rather it be the stem than the frame! LSR knows that you cannot just bend your steering stem from riding / racing without crashing.

On the other hand they do warranty axles with no indication of knowing if you bent it from jumping or wrecking - which is probably 50/50 on all of claims that come in and they still fix the axle for you for free as long as you are the original owner.