PDA

View Full Version : New Frame

4TraxRider
04-29-2003, 07:26 AM
My frame is starting to wear out. I have to re-weld several different spots every week and it is bent in two spots. I was wondering if there is any other good differences between aftermarket frames. I know they are stronger, but are there any that make it sit lower or relocate things to better spots. I was wondering if anyone could give me a few ideas on what to look at. I am leaning towards the lonestar now, but can't find any drawbacks with others. Anything is a help. Thanks.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-29-2003, 07:46 AM
They are pretty much the same as stock, just stronger.. and while your at it I will take the blue LRD frame.. ;) :D

Fast400exRacer
04-29-2003, 08:04 AM
Aftermarket frames cost almost 5 times more than the stock frame. Unless you plan on keeping your quad for a very long time, i would suggest just getting a new frame and gusseting it at all the stress points. This should make it very strong and not break nearly as much.

Tommy 17
04-29-2003, 08:30 AM
arens is 1200$ and willb e way stronger then lsr...

lsr is known for crackin frames...

there was shoot out between the lsr and the arens frames on 250rs a few years ago... the lsr cracked by the foot peg after just a few hours... the arens went for thousands of miles i think and never devloped a crack.... arens is called the million mile frame for a reason and he is cheaper then everyone else...

4TraxRider
04-29-2003, 11:29 AM
Alright, that's what I needed to know. I think I'm just going to get another stock one and have it gusseted before I put the engine in it. Thanks