PDA

View Full Version : Which 400ex swingarms take abuse and which ones don't?

RIDER11X
04-29-2003, 06:03 AM
Thinking of putting a new swingarm on my 400 even though my stocker is still ok. Is the stock one really that weak?
What aftermarket swingarms are the good ones and which ones should I stay away from?:confused2

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-29-2003, 07:59 AM
Any aftermarket one will be stronger than the stock one. I have had good luck with the Houser. I have heard quiet a few stories of the stock ones cracking.. My is holding up pretty good so far but I am not jumping 50 feet like some of you do.. :grr

RIDER11X
04-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Yea that's not me either, I'm mostly a woods rider/ racer. Didn't Houser have some cracking problems?:confused:

04-30-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Yea that's not me either, I'm mostly a woods rider/ racer. Didn't Houser have some cracking problems?:confused:

Every swingarm made has had cracking problems..Walsh, Roll, houser, LSR they've all seen abuse and problems... Get whats in your budget...I run houser products and they work great..no problems here at all.....

Pappy
04-30-2003, 02:05 AM
some manufactures were using a thin wall tubing and this was the major reason for the cracks in the main tube. (dan fisher would back this up and so would a few others) once it was realized that this thickness was too weak for the swing arm the majority switched to a heavier wall.

RIDER11X
04-30-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
some manufactures were using a thin wall tubing and this was the major reason for the cracks in the main tube. (dan fisher would back this up and so would a few others) once it was realized that this thickness was too weak for the swing arm the majority switched to a heavier wall.

Do you know who uses heavier wall now? Sorry, but who is Dan Fisher?:confused2

04-30-2003, 02:20 AM
YOu pick up a new houser swingarm and you'll know it's not a chinzy cheaply made product. I think it weighed 8 or 9 lbs more than a stocker.. 15 lbs total wieght i think it was...:macho

Pappy
04-30-2003, 02:21 AM
dan is the head dude at LSR.

lsr , houser, burgard and i assume the majority of the top names are now using the thicker wall or have been. im not familiar with roll...but at $1000 i aint cuttin one apart:eek: maybe someone will have time on thier hands to call and get the specs and post them...that would be kinda cool

OutlawEX
04-30-2003, 10:36 AM
LAEGER'S ;)

OutlawEX
04-30-2003, 10:38 AM
dan is the head dude at LSR.

ya he is the owner..Pretty nice guy sorta mumbles on the phone tho i couldnt understand him sometimes:rolleyes: