PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Arens Nerfs, mounted?

TheChknhwk
04-29-2003, 04:01 AM
Anyone have pics of the Arens Nerf bars mounted up on the 400? I want to see how they fit in relevance to the heel plate or is the heel plate removed completely? Just wondering because I use it all the time. I want to buy 2 sets, but need to know... thanks in advance.

Jnine
04-30-2003, 01:28 AM
Hello Guys:

I didn't make these nerfs with the heel basket because it doesn't let you rock your feet enough when you are going through the rough stuff. Most guys get rid of them anyway, so I decided not to build them in this design. However, when we were test fitting these parts, the stock basket follows the countours almost perfectly and we were quite sure that if you really wanted a foot basket you could slightly modify the stock basket and it would work.

I'll try to get some photos of the nerfs mounted, but it probably won't be for a few days. (After I get back from the motocross at Red Bud this weekend.)

Talk to you later!

TheChknhwk
04-30-2003, 01:48 AM
Thanks for replying John, the nerfs look top notch. When will the A-arms be released?

Red00Honda400EX
04-30-2003, 05:29 AM
The heel guards are the only reason I'm not buying these nerfs :( I like them a lot better than the propegs but I really feel a lot safer with heal guardes and my stock ones are junk. (a stump took them out on the river) If you plan on making anything with the gaurds in the next month or so make sure you post up and I'll be first in line :D

300exOH
05-01-2003, 06:28 AM
Those would look sweet on my 300EX! I think if you make them people like me will flock for them. My DG alloys series look like crap! All the mouting hardware keeps rusting. How about some stainless hardware? Just a suggestion.

Jnine
05-01-2003, 02:38 PM
Hello Guys:

Glad you like the nerfs. I'll try to get some mounted pics, but it probably won't be until next week. I'm going to the MX at Red Bud this weekend.

As for the rusted parts on some designs, I really wanted to avoid that also. I actually plate every part that isn't aluminum to avoid any corrosion problems, and I plated the cross tube with a black coating, both inside and out. Just as you guys picked up on, corrosion protection is just common sense, or in my case it is part of the design process. I actually did consider stainless, but it is REALLY expensive, and there are some manufacturing reasons not to use it in this case. We do have a few parts (like stems) where we utilize stainless, and I have done some exhaust work with stainless also.

Talk to you later!

JA

Ralph
05-01-2003, 03:15 PM
lol this is off topic but do u only have 9 fingers(including thumbs) in the new dirtwheels there is a pic and it looks like u only have 9...

Jnine
05-01-2003, 03:31 PM
That's all I have now! I didn't start out that way, but one damn YZF frame cost me a pinky! Actually I still have about 9.25.. I should have known better than to get involved with a Yamaha!

toby400ex
05-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Thats what happends when you deal with yamaha. But atleast it didnt cost you an arm and a leg:eek:

TheChknhwk
05-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Don't feel alone John, I've only got 9-1/2 toes, but I lost mine to a craftsman pushmower. We got more in common than just living in Michigan;)

Jnine
05-02-2003, 01:55 AM
Probably made by Yamaha & Bob Villa

300exOH
05-02-2003, 01:59 AM
So you are going to make them for the 300EX also? I like the price on those nerfs. I am glad to see you've thought about rust and corrosion(unlike some other manufacturers). Do you plan to make any other products for the 300EX?

TheChknhwk
05-02-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Jnine
Probably made by Yamaha & Bob Villa

LOL :D

Funny thing is dad asked me if I wanted to cut the grass a few days after I got out of the hospital & I said, "sure" so he put me on the rider & I propped my foot on the hood:)