PDA

View Full Version : I hate to ask this question, but....

deepcj7
04-28-2003, 06:01 PM
I bought an 87' 500R today and I'm going to put it in a dune quad. Please don't mess with me about this cause I did all the searches and came up with nothing. I plan on running aftermarket frame with balanced/blueprinted motor on bushings. Right now I need to know the fine points of doing this project; where to have exhaust built, how long of swingarm is best, etc... Does anyone know of a site I can go to to learn more of this project or a company with experience? I'd like to learn from someone else's mistakes.
One other thing, can the 500 be counter-balanced? Thanks for any help.
:ermm:

YZROOSTINYA
04-28-2003, 11:08 PM
To counter balance the motor you would need to buy new case halves. The cr500 motor does not come with a counter balancer so unless a aftermarket company makes new custom cases you are SOL.

You can blue print and balance the motor though which will help lesson the vibration along with the rubber mounts

airheadedduner
04-29-2003, 04:56 AM
LRD has made pipes for the CR set-up. Leager's does frames for it, I am sure there are other aftermarket companies that do it to. You will probly want an anti-vibe stem. The 500 cannot be counter balenced. Unless..........you have mac racing graft a CR cylinder on an R bottom end. I know ficher did a frame for a CR250 that cradled the motor to keep vibrations down and was very strong. you might also want to check with them.

deepcj7
04-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Any other input would be appreciated.:p