PDA

View Full Version : First Race Results

Dave400ex
04-28-2003, 04:45 PM
Well yesterday I did my first XC race ever. Out of 28 guys I got 6th. I was very happy with that and even got a little trophy. I'm pumped up and ready to go again. I bent my full chassis skid good, and my swingarm skid has 2 cracks at the welds, is bent up in the rotor, and bent into my shock linkage. Both skids are AC. I am going to try and fix them for now, but next on the list will be PRM skids. Then as I rode down the road today I noticed on the exhaust side of the 400, my axle is bent slighty. I can see XC racing is going to be very expensive! :eek2:

04-28-2003, 05:06 PM
Good job, not everyone goes out and wins their first race. But congrats on the trophy. It will only get better.

Meek
04-28-2003, 05:24 PM
Where did you race at?

04-29-2003, 01:02 AM
Good job warriorman...

what class did ya run?? and did ya have fun???

OCCRA288
04-29-2003, 03:14 AM
Whoohah dave, Give us a full report from the seat of your quad. First race stories are always the best.

04-29-2003, 05:10 AM
cool. :D

Cant complain about trophying on your first time out.

:macho :macho

CBRSLIDER
04-29-2003, 05:20 AM
Awesome. Now you're hooked. It's a blast and ya did great your first time. And yes, xc racing can get very expensive.

Congrats!!!:D :D

Ray

Dave400ex
04-29-2003, 04:26 PM
Thanks guys. I raced at Culver in district 15. I was in the B class. At the tracks around here there is only A and B. There were only 9 guys in the A class, but I would of got 10th if I would have been in that there is some very fast guys in that class. I had a lot of fun. At the end sitting around and talking about it was even more fun. There is nothing like going out there and doing it. I was very happy with my 400 and how it ran, but as good as the Elka's are, I think I would like to go to a LT setup if I had the money. Not once in the race did I think I needed more power, but better suspension and more travel, YES! My biggest problems were the tight trees, and getting over the big fallen trees. There were a couple big ones I would just nail with my bumper and hardly get over. Only thing is, does anybody make standard length LT arms, because I would like to get them, and the 4+1 rims still. If I could get through the tight stuff faster it would help a lot...

Meek
04-29-2003, 05:21 PM
I was there Sunday and raced the B class with ranger400ex, and John Hurshburger who got 22nd. Ranger DNFed into 28th place, and I got 6th. The race that we were in there were 30 riders counting you and the other 2 guys that were in the second row. Are you sure you got 6th?????:confused2

ranger400ex
04-30-2003, 01:31 AM
Last I checked the Quad B postings were for 30riders, and ole Meeky got 6th, John got 22nd(whiner!!) and I got a sweet chance to ride some pine for 28th. Dave, did ya forget a 1 or a 2 in front of that 6?, or did they have two ATV races that day??

Ben
:rolleyes:

Dave400ex
04-30-2003, 04:34 PM
I was in 7th but Neil moved everybody up a position because some guy disqualified himself or something like that. When they were handing out trophies my name was called 6th. If you looked before they took the paper down and changed it, then you must of got 5th, but I was called 6th. I don't know any where to check out the results. Call Neil or something...

04-30-2003, 06:04 PM
From what I have seen these "results" are not very scientific or anything :blah

Meek
05-01-2003, 10:12 PM
I e-mailed Neil, but his mailbox is full. I will call him today, and let you guys know what is up.

Dave400ex
05-04-2003, 12:55 PM
Did ya get a hold of Neil?

Meek
05-04-2003, 05:24 PM
I talked with Neil's wife Saturday After I e-mailed them a couple of times and they bounced back because their mail box was full. She told me that they were to busy to check their e- mail, and that Neil had to get ready for a race Saturday night and he would be to busy to talk to me. Good news, she did tell me that I needed to contact the ATV points keeper to get any information on points, but she did not have their numbers. Go figure, looks like I am just getting the run-a-round.

Dave400ex
05-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Only other thing to do is to call the person in charge at Culver...

Bill Fuller
05-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Addictive and costly.Best part is after the race comparing stories :D Good luck practice and get in shape those Elkas will be just fine.

Meek
05-05-2003, 06:52 PM
Jason - This is your chance to get involved. It is obvious that when people accept and get voted to a position, then that person should fulfill that position, even if it means sacrificing their own agendas "too busy, getting ready for a race" "e-mail box full"... I think you should consider running for ATV referee, but with that comes committment to correct the shortcomings of the past. I think that a person who is not connected with a track or club should GET INVOLVED. If you want to be considered, I will nominate you in November.

Your problems are not unique. I have received some e-mails and phone calls about hare scramble events in the past. The bad news is that I am not totally familiar with hare scrambles and Neil Pettitt is the ATV referee that should handle. You and others (problems) (e-mailbox full) is a good indication that the problems and questions are not being addressed.

Scoring is never perfect all the time - mistakes are made - I know from experience that quads are the hardest to score with the low number plates that get muddy or get tore off. My scoring personnel have an extremely hard time. Motorcycles in contrast have 3 number plates that are higher and easier to see. Additionally a majority of motorcycle riders usually have their numbers either on a chest protector or their jersey.

Don Browning

Please send me a brief chronicle of the hare scrambles that you have attended and get names of other riders who have questions and concerns about scoring, routes etc... I will forward a copy to Jim Cooper (District 15 President) and also bring it up at the next board meeting. I doubt if I can correct past problems but maybe

Jason Meek wrote:

Don

I talked with Neil's wife Saturday After I e-mailed them a couple of times and they bounced back because their mail box was full. She told me that they were to busy to check their e- mail, and that Neil had to get ready for a race Saturday night and he would be to busy to talk to me. Good news, she did tell me that I needed to contact the ATV points keeper to get any information on points, but she did not have their numbers. Go figure, looks like I am just getting the run-a-round.

Jason
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 1:23 AM
To: Jason Meek
Subject: Re: District 15 Harescramble points for Quad B

If you do not get any satisfaction please get back with me and I will bring it up to the board.

Don B

Jason Meek wrote:

Don

Thanks for your help.

Jason
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 8:42 PM
To: Jason Meek
Subject: Re: District 15 Harescramble points for Quad B

I am not of aware of how the Hare Scramble event was scored but I am forwarding your message to the ATV Indiana referee (Petit). In motocross - we have a mandatory 30 minute time delay from posting to trophy/cash awards are paid. After the 30 minute period, the scores are as posted. If you do not get an e-mail message from the referee give him a call (his phone number is in the book that the District sent to you with the district 15 card and race schedule.
Your ATV referee is Neil Pettit (219) 491-2920 or e-mail: holeshot@medt.com

Don B.

Jason Meek wrote:

I would like to know what the official results were on the race in Culver Indiana on the 27th of April, and how I am doing in the points standings overall. From what I am hearing, after I got my trophy for 6th place someone was disqualified and everyone was moved up a place, just wanting to know how the results could be posted and some trophies be passed out and then someone get disqualified. If you can not answer these questions, maybe you can get me in contact with someone who can. Thank you for your time.Jason Meek

Dave400ex
05-07-2003, 11:40 AM
That sounds great, we just need Neil to reply now...

QuadTrix6
05-07-2003, 12:02 PM
congrats man :cool: def go with PRM

Meek
05-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Don't hold your breath. He has not returned my phone call yet.

Yamaha_Rider
10-27-2003, 12:30 PM
hey david this is josh and i want to say this last race of the season went out with a bang:rolleyes: (broken shoulder0 and dislocated) i wanted to say cngrats to the winners and see ya nexted year:confused: mabey

Meek
10-28-2003, 07:36 AM
Y_Rider

Were you the one that crashed in the field, shortly after the start?

Yamaha_Rider
10-28-2003, 07:48 AM
yes i was racing the blue banshee i wad wondering if any one had pics or had taped it because its the worst wreck ive been in and im not exactly how it happened i think i just hit a bump with the right side of the quad:confused:

Meek
10-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Glad you are OK. I asked my girl if she got any picks of the crash and she said "no, it was to far away, and that people were asking about picks right after it happened, and that no one said that they got any"

Yamaha_Rider
10-29-2003, 07:40 AM
thanks for asking i go to the doc today to see about surgery it looks like my only option since m bone dies a V ant the ball is broke off:(