PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the R now?

AndrewRRR
04-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Here's my R when I got it about 2 years ago (I added the AC nerfs and bumper)

AndrewRRR
04-28-2003, 04:16 PM
Here it is today

04-28-2003, 04:21 PM
I like it, good color scheme and looks like you dumped the money in it. Just think, it can be ur portable piggy bank.:rolleyes:

AndrewRRR
04-28-2003, 04:21 PM
motor, CPI pipe

AndrewRRR
04-28-2003, 04:24 PM
here's one with bad lighting, but you can see the plastics better

AndrewRRR
04-28-2003, 04:26 PM
It's pearl white with blue hues, and candy blue flames

Pvt. Maggot
04-28-2003, 04:28 PM
i really like that quad....:eek2: wow....good job...:macho

AndrewRRR
04-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by 400exracer
I like it, good color scheme and looks like you dumped the money in it. Just think, it can be ur portable piggy bank.:rolleyes:

Yeah, i'm a college student, so I did it on as much of a budget as I could. I bought most of the parts used, and did almost all of the work myself. I wouldn't call it a piggy bank, a quad isn't really a good investement, lol! But I'm pretty happy with how it looks (and runs!) so far.
I'm thinking about ditching the nerfs and just doing some chrome or polished aluminum footpegs, what you you think?
P.S.- don't worry, it's a dune quad!

CBW
04-28-2003, 04:31 PM
its beautiful......**wipes tear **

Seriously......i think it is an awsome job youve done there.

And the flames......PERFECT:cool:

Looks like i have some pics to save;) :p

Rider#11
04-28-2003, 04:33 PM
that thing is totaly saweeet:devil ...bad ***:D

Chef
04-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Woow........I thought I had decided on plastic....But I may have thought of a new plan!

04-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
Yeah, i'm a college student, so I did it on as much of a budget as I could. I bought most of the parts used, and did almost all of the work myself. I wouldn't call it a piggy bank, a quad isn't really a good investement, lol! But I'm pretty happy with how it looks (and runs!) so far.
I'm thinking about ditching the nerfs and just doing some chrome or polished aluminum footpegs, what you you think?

Yeah im a college student too. Its rough trying to do both. High school was so much easier. It will be worth it tho. Blingin quad

Narly R
04-28-2003, 04:38 PM
Lookin nice Andrew! :eek2: I shure wish I could get some pics up here!!! I cant send them In e-mail cause of some stupid ati-virus thing!:mad: O-well!:ermm:

CBW
04-28-2003, 04:38 PM

Aluminum pegs would be great......and even though its a dune quad ------the aluminum pegs cant handle really big jumps.

I got mine for my ATC,,,,,,,which i dont jump anymore since the aluminum pegs........from Graves Motorsports,,,,,,they were made by RIS designs.......

CHAUNCY
04-28-2003, 05:20 PM
Very nice quad. I really like the paint job:eek:

AndrewRRR
04-28-2003, 07:11 PM
Oh, good point about the pegs CBW, I didn't think about the whole aluminum and jumping thing. Maybe I should double up and chrome some stock ones, or spring for some roll design ones ($200, ack!). I'd hate to not be able to jump anymore.
I'll tell Russ you guys liked the paint job. He's our painter and things were getting a little slow at the body shop so we gave him something to do :D
I didn't know if the plastics were salvageable, but they turned out nice!

QuadJunkies
04-28-2003, 07:31 PM
Here it is today Andrew, that is very tight!!!!!:blah I cant wait to see it in person....:cool:

sweet300ex
04-28-2003, 11:52 PM
that is a really nice quad!!

XANDADA
04-29-2003, 02:05 AM
Right On!http://www.spacespider.net/emo/cool11.gif

exriderdude
04-29-2003, 03:52 AM
dude that is freakin sweet, your plastics are like perfect:eek:

im definitly gonna save these pics too:cool:

AndrewRRR
04-29-2003, 04:49 AM
:) thanks!
Hopefully I'll have some action shots soon. The tillamook drags are comming up in a week and a half.

Doibugu2
04-29-2003, 05:02 AM
I guess if what you want is a 17 year old machine! J/P.

That is a sweet ride. You need to get a nice pic, so I can use it as my wallpaper.

04-29-2003, 05:03 AM
Nice ride man...:macho

300exazzkikr
04-29-2003, 05:25 AM
THat thing is awesome!! Great job man..:macho

KASCHAK
04-29-2003, 10:01 AM
ummm that is sweet i like the flames on it. did you make them or buy them?

QuadJunkies
04-29-2003, 06:45 PM
Hopefully I'll have some action shots soon. The tillamook drags are comming up in a week and a half. Take some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blah :macho :cool:

AndrewRRR
04-29-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by 400ex_kaschak
ummm that is sweet i like the flames on it. did you make them or buy them?

Noooooo those aren't stick on graphics. It's a pearl white basecoat, candy blue flames with some black airbrushed shadows and a lot of clearcoat!
Here's some more:

AndrewRRR
04-29-2003, 06:58 PM
nice butt! haha

AndrewRRR
04-29-2003, 07:00 PM
I'll try to get some action pics in the sand (or at least tearing the $hit out of our lawn!) this weekend. The sun wasn't cooperating with me when i took those pics so they don't do it justice. The paint kinda glows when you get it in the right light :)

AndrewRRR
04-29-2003, 07:01 PM
I'm hoping to have pappy chrome the a-arms too :) a true quad addict's bike is never done...

ThorChick
04-29-2003, 08:40 PM
Hopefully I'll have some action shots soon. The tillamook drags are comming up in a week and a half.

Damn, I'm gonna look good drag racing that bike this summer. Don't worry baby,I'll let you ride it every once in a while. :devil
Mostly on the back though..hehe, j/k!!!

QuadJunkies
04-30-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by ThorChick
Damn, I'm gonna look good drag racing that bike this summer. Don't worry baby,I'll let you ride it every once in a while. :devil
Mostly on the back though..hehe, j/k!!! HAHAHA......:p I hear you ride that more than he does Kacy!!!!!!:blah :macho are you gonna ride it in the Tillamook Drags too????

dirtmomma
04-30-2003, 03:22 AM

LOL LOL Good one ThorChick :p :p :cool: sooooo when are these Tillamook drags?? I suppose there this weekend:rolleyes: of course cuz we have races!! I keep seeing all these sand pics & now I'm thinkin I'd like to head down for a weekend. Need to practice jumping & get some seat time & I hear the dunes are a good place to do it, a little more forgiving.

QuadJunkies
04-30-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
LOL LOL Good one ThorChick :p :p :cool: sooooo when are these Tillamook drags?? I suppose there this weekend:rolleyes: of course cuz we have races!! I keep seeing all these sand pics & now I'm thinkin I'd like to head down for a weekend. Need to practice jumping & get some seat time & I hear the dunes are a good place to do it, a little more forgiving. ALOT more forgiving!!!!!!!! Dirtmomma, have you ever rode in asand before? Im assuming where you live you have but wasnt sure...:)

AndrewRRR
04-30-2003, 06:09 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! lol
Sheesh first you take over Casper, now the R. Why don't I just give you both and I'll take your quad. hahaha jk
Dirtmomma- The tillamook drags are May 9-11. I'm not totally sure if I'm gonna go but I might. My cousin is taking his 100+hp banshee, my engine builder is going with their triple cyl alcohol/nitromethane gulping shee, and it's supposed to be a really big event. To race it's $20 if you sign up by may 1, $30 if you do it at the gate. I'm not sure what spectator fees are.

Andrew
(just became a 300ex rider haha :huh )

ThorChick
04-30-2003, 06:14 AM
:devil My evil plan is working....hehehehe....see everyone, he put it in writing, the R and "Casper" are mine!!!!!

KASCHAK
04-30-2003, 10:39 AM
there really nice :eek2: did you do them yourself with just masking tape?

Glow Plug
04-30-2003, 11:42 AM
man i wan't sure it was the same quad to begin with i had to take a second looks, it looks sweet make sure to get action shots :D

dirtmomma
05-01-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
ALOT more forgiving!!!!!!!! Dirtmomma, have you ever rode in asand before? Im assuming where you live you have but wasnt sure...:)

Well I've only been to the dunes 2 times & I didn't have a sport quad @ the time so I've only really rode them on my Kodiak 4X4, I did take Ron's 400 out a couple times but at that time I had a hella time shifting but it was fun on the flat go WOT!!!! Soooo I'm hoping I can take my 300 & play w/ that someday.:)

AndrewRRR
05-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 400ex_kaschak
there really nice :eek2: did you do them yourself with just masking tape?

Our body shop painter did them while things were slow. He does good work.

crazybuffalo
05-01-2003, 02:59 PM
lovin the flames

racerx573
05-01-2003, 03:03 PM
One word.

TRICK!!!:eek2:

AndrewRRR
05-05-2003, 07:17 AM
Now I need a "beater" quad I can take out and thrash on now that I blinged the R. haha
Hopefully action pics will be comming soon. The next 2 weekends both have sand drags :devil

QuadJunkies
05-05-2003, 07:19 PM
Andrew, I got ahold of the place that did your seat.. Im gonna have them do mine...:cool: They areseding me some color samples and I should have them in a day or two... I cant wait to see how it looks with my new plastic!:blah

AndrewRRR
05-06-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Andrew, I got ahold of the place that did your seat.. Im gonna have them do mine...:cool: They areseding me some color samples and I should have them in a day or two... I cant wait to see how it looks with my new plastic!:blah

Cool! It should be pretty awesome, they do good work