PDA

View Full Version : raptor..

Jellyrolls
04-28-2003, 03:17 PM
more like craptor...
2 of my buddies both just got brand new raptors...
1 of them got them saturday..2 DAYS AGO!!
the other one got his about 2 weeks ago...
well i know this isnt big or anything ... but both of the raptor's breaks are sqeaking......
thats not a huge prob but omg THEY GUY HAS HAD IT FOR 2 DAYS!!
i think this proves that honda knows what they are doing...you WONT find a honda like that

Chef
04-28-2003, 03:22 PM
i have two that do it, and they are both worth 20 grand....:rolleyes:

Castor-426ex
04-28-2003, 03:29 PM
my brakes sqeak

matter of fact my front brakes dont even work

Chef
04-28-2003, 03:31 PM
LMAO Castor...I could just see you come flyin down a hill, rear tires locked up, screamin "STOP!!!!!!!" and "NO BRAKES!" like on the Jackass movie. :blah

Castor-426ex
04-28-2003, 03:33 PM
i have

funny thing is i still try to use my fronts....lmao

but they havent worked in over 5 months

and i tried a stoppie a couple days ago

kinda hard with no front brakes

doh!

CHAUNCY
04-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Castor-426ex
i have

funny thing is i still try to use my fronts....lmao

but they havent worked in over 5 months

and i tried a stoppie a couple days ago

kinda hard with no front brakes

doh!

LMAO
That would be cool to see:eek2:

01TRX300EX
04-29-2003, 10:01 AM
My brakes squeak, if the rear brakes on the Raptor are the one's squeaking then its because the rotor is not drilled do they have no way of dissipating heat and they become warped, they can either ignore the noise, or buy new rotors that are cross-drilled, rotor's don't cost that much do they?

400grl
04-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Yeah - the rear rotors warp quick on the Raptors (at least it did on mine) - stock rotor isn't too expensive, though. Those wave rotors are cool!

FASTeR
04-30-2003, 09:02 AM
My gasgas has brembo's supposed to be some of the best brakes in the world, f1, nascar, ducatti, and some other huge names use them, well i am waiting on new brake pads as we speak, apparently nissin knows something about brakes that brembo dosent, its funny however you crack on yamaha's brakes, as they use nissin, the same brand as the 400ex, and many of the parts will exchange internally, so why must you crack on yamaha's? wtf cares if brakes squeek as long as they work, honda has actually ventured off into some alternate (cheaper) brake companies, while yamaha uses nissin on every atv from blaster on up that has discs.

bradley300
05-01-2003, 02:48 AM
brembos are very nice, especially those twin piston stoppers you got!

FASTeR
05-01-2003, 06:57 AM
yea brad, my point in the matter was no matter what you cant blame the atv manufacturer for things like squeeky brakes LOL.. that just ridiculous, in my opinion all bike could stand a brake upgrade, look at 250rs almost 2 decade old system that stands superior to most every brake setup that exists today.