PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust home made silencer??

300EXrider02
04-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Alright, i read somewhere, if you take like some clear tuff hose and put it around your exhaust end, and comes down a few inches in makes it more quite?? this is the kinda thing i would need around my house and crap, anyone done this or know of other simple things to do?will this affect the hp or anything out of the pipe? flow increase is what I mean:p
thanks

300EXrider02
04-29-2003, 01:30 PM
????bump:confused:

Dune Surfer
04-29-2003, 01:58 PM
(Theme song from the Beverly Hillbilly's):huh

400exdad
04-29-2003, 02:48 PM
300, The trick I heard was placing and a bike or m/c innertube over the end of the exhaust pipe to kind of baffle the sound. To be honest, I think it works best for small 2 strokes. Actually if it works at all. Unfortunately, the "only" thing you can do is make sure your packing is good and quiet core is installed... if the Yoshi has one. Another alternative is to make or buy a turndown for the muffler. It will drop it about a dB or so. I made and installed one for my old FMF powercore when I ran it without the plates. I have also made one for the LT80 in my sigs.

My son is on my old 300 now and I am working with his pipe to get moderate gains without all the noise and cost. He just bought a Works headpipe and I'm modding a 400EX silencer to work on it and doing the Gabe treatment to it which I have been very happy with on my 400. If it flows enough for the 400, it should be plenty for the 300. The cool thing is the 400 muffler weighs less than the 300, looks cooler and fits much better. It doesn't have that tight bend at the entry of the 300 muffler anymore. I can't wait to see the performance gains. Sorry for the book. :)

300EXrider02
04-29-2003, 03:17 PM
thanks for your help, i guess if i find a hose of some sort i will give it a try...i will post again and tell anyone if it works:p

I do have a T.E.C. kit for the yoshi that makes it a bit quieter, but the power is sucked right out and now the bolts are frozen on and i cant get them off the end cap to take that usless silencer off:(