PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Mud

doctor_915
12-26-2001, 02:02 PM
Went riding today and got my quad just a wee bit dirty, thought I would pressure wash it but when i turned on the pressure washer I found out that all the mud had froze to the plastic. I dont have a heated garage so how could i get this frozen mud off? I already tried wisk mixed with scalding hot water. Thanks.

JabberJaw
12-26-2001, 02:26 PM
Try using a sandblaster :-)

doctor_915
12-26-2001, 02:36 PM
well Jabber Jaw I used the sand blaster, I might need new plastics and a seat cover though, but it sure did take the mud off.
J/k

schism_rhs
12-26-2001, 04:00 PM
leave it sit in the garage for a night o day anyway, it might still melt as long as the temp goes up a little...if not use a small rubber mallat and just tap the mud spots till the chip apart and fall off, not to hard cause in cold weather plastics are very volnerable to cracking. Or just a cloth dipped in some hot/warm water and rub the mud off.

Poncho
12-26-2001, 04:15 PM
Don't feel like the lone ranger mine is sitting in the garage right now and it is the same way.It is driving me crazy:(

12-26-2001, 08:42 PM
get a hair dryer with medium heat and heat up the mud spots and wipe clean with a damp towel then dry it of with a dry towel

DeDo
12-28-2001, 08:15 AM
If you are keeping your quad in a garage then I suggest a small propane heater. When I come in from riding I wash it off and then heat up the garage with one of those small bullet heaters. The cost is around $100 at Home Depot and they connect to a 20# propane tank (like you use with your grill). Anyway, this melts the muck and makes it a little more comfortable to do the final clean up/wipe down.

You will pay for one of these in two months versus using a hair dryer which will not only cost a ton in electricity but you will probably blow it up. Then you have to replace it, catch flack from the wife or girlfriend, and you still have frozen crap on your quad...

Good Luck

John