PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had a hospital in sight??

Jay300ex
04-28-2003, 05:07 AM
I mean like, you are riding so hard and something happens unexpectedly and you are like.. this is going to cost ya..

It happened to me yestarday but I lucked out haha. I went riding with a friend at his trails and he said I'll show you the canal's.. So I though cool... hills. Well, I musta not been thinking to well, he went over a hill and disappeared, but I kept onthe gas. Next thing I know is I am 15ft out over a 30ft drop. Fortunatly when I landed it was still sloped downward and I positioned the quad so that it wouldnt buck me off, but it really jarred my back up good :mad: . Oh well..

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Jay

UglyMotha™
04-28-2003, 05:36 AM
:huh what:confused:

cudaman
04-28-2003, 05:56 AM
nope never had one of them. the only thing i think about when i am about to go down is $h1T!!!!!

exriderdude
04-28-2003, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha
:huh what:confused:

Guy400
04-28-2003, 06:13 AM
I tend not to go balls-to-the-wall over a hill when I don't know what's on the other side.

Jay300ex
04-28-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
I tend not to go balls-to-the-wall over a hill when I don't know what's on the other side.

I'll keep that in mind now Guy lol.

UglyMotha™
04-28-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Guy400

sissy :eek:

:D

airheadedduner
04-28-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Jay300ex
Next thing I know is I am 15ft out over a 30ft drop.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

When I am ridding with my friends and we can't find a good jump we go out and try to find stuff like that. We go and find a big arse dune and jump down it.

but anyway.........

5th gear accross the florence dunes and went off a 15-20ft drop. I about ate my bars. I didn't have my gogs on and my brake rezzy split my skin around my eyebrow:confused2 Lets just say I was convinced that I didn't like my works shocks anymore and the rear was in need of a revalve.

SGA
04-28-2003, 06:55 AM
Sure! I've been airborne a few times, the quad is behind me, not under me where it should be. I think real quick, uh-oh and try to tuck and roll. I have been lucky so far, just cuts and bruises.

300exazzkikr
04-28-2003, 07:09 AM
I hear ya on this one. IT's like you know it's happening but you can't do anything about it except hold on. When i had my 250x i felt the same way before i hit a tree. THere was nothing i could do except hold on and BOOM. Hit it and it threw me off and the quad landed on my leg. not too bad. Could have been worse, flipped it over and drove it home, Nothing like a honda!!

lil400exman
04-28-2003, 07:16 AM
lol i have so many times like when my dirtbike wouldnt die and the throttle was stuck wot (it was a 72 yammi) and i hit a log kind of doing a wheelie and i flew straightup in the air and landed with the bike on my groin.............to say the least i walked around like a cowboy for a few days....................:eek:

UglyMotha™
04-28-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
lol i have so many times like when my dirtbike wouldnt die and the throttle was stuck wot (it was a 72 yammi) and i hit a log kind of doing a wheelie and i flew straightup in the air and landed with the bike on my groin.............to say the least i walked around like a cowboy for a few days....................:eek:

well arn't you special ;) :p

mxdave28
04-28-2003, 11:38 AM
YEP! there is nothing like a good crash where ya actually have enough time to think...damm this is gunna hurt! or Oh S**t this is gunna leave a mark! i've had my fair share of those and i had one where i didnt know what happend it went so fast, never even had time to think and it was all over, only thing i can really remember about that day is coming up to the jump, hitting it, then seeing ground sky ground sky and then not being able to move and pain...pain that i have never felt before and i've done alot of stupid crap in my day let me tell ya. so after spending some time in the ER i ended up with 3 Fx's in my back, nasty bruzed pelvis, and muscle damage/bruzing from the bottom of my arse to mid back. yea, that was a fun day :rolleyes:

Chef
04-28-2003, 11:42 AM
Remember this: When doing a 5th gear wheely on a Banshee in the dunes, dont hit a small ridge with the rear tires. Its not fun to be on your front tires for 40 feet at 50 mph right before you do two front flips and bend your frame. :rolleyes:

Rip_Tear
04-28-2003, 01:48 PM
I was just moving though the place under the big hydro towers when I was climbing a small hill with high brush and there was a dip in the hill (couldn't see it) and there was a bigish rock in the dip I smoked it hard, flew off the quad and landed up the hill, I just let go of the quad and when limber so I didn't get hurt. My friend and his dad said those are the ones that usually hurt pretty bad! So I was lucky that time...

Brad
04-28-2003, 02:13 PM
i was at a new pit at a section where there was like 5 ft then a semi steep hill so i decided to go on instinct start off in second and rev the hell out up the hill it get to the top and its a strait drop and i jam the brakes and lean back as hard as i can and i was like thank god i have reverse no injuries out of that 1:D

04-28-2003, 02:35 PM
eh.... one time we were in a big gravel pit and i was riding a old lawn mower frame and we were at the top of a 15-20 ft hill/drop off and my freind when down the rope tigheted and whpped me over the edge and i landed right towards the bottom of the bank in some mud it stop and then yanked and i flew out i was just lik ohhh ****....one time i almost died in a subaru field car...

Narly R
04-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
one time i almost died in a subaru field car...

I want to know more about this surburban incodent!!

04-28-2003, 02:54 PM
welp it was the summer of....00 or 01 and me and my cuz cruisin along listening to sheep doggy dog- get a job ***** and were goin down road and im like vrroooom get goin about 45 and i tap the brakes a lil and im sliding left right left right i started to 2 wheel a lil, this thing was a beat pos and had bad gas leak and the door was tied shut on one side 45mph+ big ditch+rolling and leaky tank = kaboom.......but ya know i gotta thankt he great lord jesus christ for flying down and helpin me get control....on second thought it was my expert driving skills:eek2:

dragger3
04-28-2003, 04:00 PM
yea i do that when you are in the air it seems liek you could sit there and wright a song or sommin you have so much timem to position urself to where it wont hurt as bad. that is how it is for me at least haha.

phatswinn
04-28-2003, 04:00 PM
this is why i only ride quads under 90cc's:huh

dragger3
04-28-2003, 04:02 PM
O yea one time i think i saw the "light at the end of the tunnel" but it was the sun when i woke up after i had fallen by myself. That scrard the bejesus outta me. But it was well worth it when i look back because i alwase laugh

04-28-2003, 04:05 PM
:ermm: , why u boys aways seein da lit....