PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area riders

nky400
04-28-2003, 03:22 AM
This Saturday (May 3, 2003) myself and a couple of friends are planning on going to ride at Big Rock ATV Park in Maysville, Ky (greater Cincinnati area). If you are free on Saturday, want to ride, and are in the area, come out and join us. This is not an organized event, just some guys getting together to ride. If you are intertested or you are going down anyway, please post on this thread. Here is the website for Big Rock -- www.bigrockatvpark.com -- Thanks

04-28-2003, 06:38 AM
I guess they don't have big arse Derby parties out in the sticks like they throw in Louisville...:D I'd like to make the ride but my liver has an appointment with a case of beer.....:ermm:

nky400
04-29-2003, 03:41 AM
Rico -
You are right, the derby is not as big up here as it is down there. I was a student at UofL last year and the derby was awesome! There may be a couple of parties up here, but since it is not as big I am not going to let 3 minutes of horse racing interrupt me getting to ride on a seldom day off. It's not really the sticks either, I am only 15 minutes from Cincinnati. Anyway, have fun and drink one of those beers for the few of us who are out riding.

Yellow Nuts
04-29-2003, 05:52 AM
nice to Know everyone in here has been to kuncky lol. i live right next to the TN line...Tompkinsville,Ky when i get home from school today i'll try to talk my dad in goign up there this sat.:ermm:

TJ400EX
04-29-2003, 06:18 AM
What can you tell me about Big Rock? We ride the Badlands in Attica, IN a lot but have never been down there. Is there many hills and how big. We have talked about making the trip down, but I haven't heard much about the place.

Thanks,
Tim

nky400
04-29-2003, 07:30 AM
Tim -
This was taken from www.bigrockatvpark.com. I hope this helps in giving you an idea of what Big Rock is like.

"Let me tell you about Big Rock ATV and Dirtbike Park. It is nearly 2000 acres of family owned land here in Maysville, Kentucky. The terrain itself consists of many large wooded valleys and long open ridges. There are miles and miles of trails completely in the woods. The trails themselves consist of dozer made trails and rider made trails. There are plenty of challenging hill climbs to satisfy the most hardcore riders, and plenty of easy trails for kids and beginners." - www.bigrockatvpark.com

One of the hills down there has acquired the name "Widow Maker."

Thanks

TJ400EX
04-29-2003, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I guess we just need to load up and take a trip down there soon. I had checked the web site out before, but it looks like they've added a lot.

Thanks again,

Tim

hook
05-01-2003, 10:43 AM
bigrock a must .good riding for young an old.:)