PDA

View Full Version : Best slip on for a 250EX?

TRFOXX
04-27-2003, 04:24 PM
Looking to buy a slip on pipe for my sons 250ex and was wondering which one to buy? So I thought I'd ask here first before i bought one. You guys always give good advise! ;)
Would like for it to have a spark arrester on it. Im leaning for the FMF megamax with the disc system, is this a good slip on? Any pro's or con's with this slip on?

Matt102
05-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Im looking at the hmf slip-on. It comes w/ a spark arrester and only costs like $210. You can get the full system for only like $279.99. Their website is www.hmfengineering.com You should check it out;)

White_Knuckles
05-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Go with a slip-on, the "full" systems are spendy for nearly the same diameter head pipe that may help the top end slightly just before the rev-limiter greets you.

Pro Circuit T-4 includes spark arrestor ($214 shipped) or the White Bros e-series disc ($254) are the most popular. The disc style are service free where others require re-packing every year.

Just a pipe is not the pay off you need. Research common airbox and filter mods then bump the main jet up a couple sizes to really wake up the 250. I did the whole deal for under $250 with the Pro-Circuit and it is remarkable. The pipe itself wasn't the magic it was the combination of easy mods.

Don't see much on the FMF product here but that may be good as in they don't break. Starting to see the WB e-series showing up with welds breaking. I guess WB does not respond to this as a warantee issue and people are unhappy.

TRFOXX
05-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the replys I was planning on rejetting and air box mods, you have to for it to run right! Yeah im not looking for the whole system its just for my 11 year old. I just want to be able to hear him when hes behind me. Plus he's ready for a little more power. He's a great rider, this is his third machine and he can stay right with me until I nail it! How loud it the T4? anyone? Bulellar?

White_Knuckles
05-02-2003, 11:42 AM
The T-4 and most free flowing aftermarket pipes are similar in sound output. I am a "family" rider as well so a blasting monster wouldn't be good. The T-4 is focused on low-mid range power and on a 400EX produces a max of 98 db. So... on the little 250 I would guess about 92 - 94 db. Okay, it's very tolerable unless you were 5 feet behind it with your helmet off. The engine builder pipes are much louder. I perform tuning tests with mine in a residential neighborhood and it's not a problem at all.

Stay with the UNI filter, add 4-6 UNI pop-in filters to the lid. Run a 102-105 Keihin main with the fuel screw out 2.5 turns. It may backfire sometimes on quick throttle release from high RPM. The kid will think it sounds "tight" (my 14 year old son's quote) my wife loves it (figure that one). Dynojet and other reported jetting is 110-112! That's way too fat by my testing at 2500 ft. The T-4 is clearly marked with spark arrestor info. for Mr. Park Ranger, some do not even ship with the arrestor or label the pipe. Perfect for an ear on the guy riding behind you until you get one. ;)

ride_red_5400ex
05-04-2003, 12:45 PM
on my 250 i have the DG slip on it is like the FMF and i lve the pipe:D

miguel250ex
05-05-2003, 12:56 PM
go with a graydon proline full system. It's loud and give a lot of performance!!:D