PDA

View Full Version : Something To Think About

EHSRACING
04-27-2003, 03:58 PM
hey guys i scared myself tonight. for anybody who dosent wear a helmet think about this. my buddy let me ride his buddies raptor tonight and he didnt know that the throttle was screwed well i hopped on in and went about 100 feet and it stuck wide open when i punched and i smacked a tree and trashed the aarm and shock not to menton my head has a nice gash and i bunch of brusies. I am probably the most consious person about wearing helmets all the time but i just though i would take it for a quick spin. just goes to show you that things can happen when you dont expect them and even experienced riders can get hurt over something stupid. just thought i would share that

ALSO I NEED RIGHT SIDE AARMS AND A SHOCK AND ACOUPLE MISC. THINGS TO FIX IT IF ANYBODY HAS SOME LET ME KNOW

Nausty
04-27-2003, 05:07 PM
I agree, it seems like you can do the craziest stuff and crash and not even scratch your helmet or get a hard hit but some times you just wanna put around and you end up trying one thing and bam, something happens. I had a blaster when I was 13 and it was a hot, humid day and I didn't wanna put my helmet on but I decided to at the last min and wouldn't you know it I was riding down the trail and a tree clipped one of my tires and I didn't even see it coming and it stopped my quad right there and I kept going head first into a hill.

also I think blahh 300 had a accident like that.

lil400exman
04-27-2003, 05:19 PM
i was like that just i was riding a wheelie and i hit a telephone pole and lost all memory for a few days...........................i put a permanet dent in the crossbar pad with my chin it was there till the day i sold it.....................;) i always wear a helmet now.......................as honda says stupid hurts!:eek: :devil

sly400ex
04-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Live and learn......

04-27-2003, 06:04 PM
Hows that craptor frame, they bend you know LOL

EHSRACING
04-28-2003, 01:22 AM
the frame was ok luckly the aarms fold up like tin foil so it didnt even hurt any of the mounts just broke the aarms right next to the mounts all 4 on the right side and the shock busted the eye off the top stupid craptors that was the first time i even got to ride one and it only went a 100 feet before the throttle screwing up and almost killing me im definetly sticking with my ex yamaha sucks

exriderdude
04-28-2003, 04:24 AM
yea the craptors a-arms are like tin foil, my friend was doing a wheelie and flipped backwards and the quad rolled and it bent his a-arm:confused2