PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Shocks on 250ex

Prazak250EX
04-27-2003, 03:32 PM
I'm thinkin bout puttin banshee shocks on my 250EX anyone got any info on this?

Juggalo
04-27-2003, 04:01 PM
man what is it with people trying to putshocks off quads that have absolutly nothing in common with each other on another quad? its starting to make me mad! the banshee shocks won't work. just stay with stock or do it the right way man!

toomeyshee87
04-27-2003, 04:07 PM
hey now juggs just wait a second! Prazak250EX can buy my stockers! im sure theyd work perfect!
:D :rolleyes:

oynot400
04-28-2003, 05:08 AM
I thought that they were using a front shee shock to replace the rear 250ex shock for a better ride. I have one laying around if you want it. I would part with it real cheap. ;)

Juggalo
04-28-2003, 10:08 AM
front and rear shocks are 2 different things...besides i haven't heard of that rear shock conversion either..like i said just do it the right way!

PhilMoore
04-28-2003, 03:25 PM
I should wait until ALL of the "experts" reply, but I will jump in right now;

The front Banshee shock Bolts directly into the rear of the 250EX. The Banshee shock is a bit shorter, so it lowers the rear about 1" at the grab bar. The Banshee shock is also weaker, so there is another 1" of sag, for a total of 2" lowered rear end.

This mod is only for people who are light weight (120 or less) and do not jump big. I can jump my wifes 250EX with a Banshee rear shock on about 3' high before the shock bottoms out.

This mod helps the rough ride of the stock shock very much. Plus the slightly lower ride height helps stability, since the stock 250EX is somewhat tippy.

From what I can tell, the worst thing that can happen is the Banshee shock will blow if you bottom it repeatedly. So, keep your stock rear shock, just in case you need it again.

I don't recommend this mod if you are an aggressive rider. It works well for the casual rider who doesn't need to spend several hundred dollars for a shock that will deliver essentially the same performance (a softer, smoother ride).

The shock I put on was brand new, so if you buy a used one, you should try it before you buy it if possible.

Any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Phil

bens250ex
12-26-2004, 02:10 PM
it works for me i weigh like 160 and ride agressive and it bottoms alittle on the pipe but just a tad...i like it rides much smoother and makes it look sweet sits low