PDA

View Full Version : how fast is the crf450 motors?????

hellrazer4565
04-27-2003, 02:05 PM
how fast is the crf450 motors? im looking to make one in a quad

Fleshwound
04-27-2003, 02:36 PM
fast enough

slates74
04-27-2003, 03:16 PM
In bike form there said to put out a stout 55 horsepower.

RAPTORAZ
04-27-2003, 03:37 PM
They're definitely overrated in the HP department. I've ran into a couple at the dunes and they are about even with my piped Raptor. I doubt my Rappy is making 55 horsepower. Also those motors were in full race chassis(HOUSER) and I'm sure they were lighter than me.

Castor-426ex
04-27-2003, 03:39 PM
rider

RAPTORAZ
04-27-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Castor-426ex
rider

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot. It's impossible for my little 660 to run with his BIG 450. Get a clue man. Trust me. The guy I raced last time definitely knew how to drag. I had a hard time matching his launch. Whoever got the holeshot one. Also the CRF is rated at 55 horsepower at the crank. If you figure in a 15% drivetrain loss then it's putting out somewhere in the neighborhood of 46 HP at the rear wheels. Which is right in piped Raptor territory. :blah

Castor-426ex
04-27-2003, 04:16 PM
you need to calm down...

i was only saying...did i plainly say Raptors suck? Nope

i seen a couple crf quads today...and not many people were hanging with them on wide open trails....
so get your tampon back in straight and simma down....

I will say this....Rators are also under powered for their displacement....

:eek:

Castor-426ex
04-27-2003, 04:18 PM
and i bet that in a straight line drag your raptor and your 416

really arent that far apart in performance are they?

MX26
04-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by RAPTORAZ
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot. It's impossible for my little 660 to run with his BIG 450. Get a clue man. Trust me. The guy I raced last time definitely knew how to drag. I had a hard time matching his launch. Whoever got the holeshot one. Also the CRF is rated at 55 horsepower at the crank. If you figure in a 15% drivetrain loss then it's putting out somewhere in the neighborhood of 46 HP at the rear wheels. Which is right in piped Raptor territory. :blah

WTF? Take a zoloft or something... No need to hit the roof over something that minor. The CRF motor sucks for drag racing... I wonder why? Maybe cause Honda spent millions of dollars making it a MOTOCROSS motor.

oh yeah, Just to be honest... The Raptor motor is no where near being as good as the CRF.

racershaun
04-27-2003, 05:09 PM
is there any place to get these motors without buying a whole bike?

zfire_28
04-27-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by racershaun
is there any place to get these motors without buying a whole bike?
http://www.servicehonda.com

RAPTORAZ
04-28-2003, 01:45 AM
you need to calm down...

i was only saying...did i plainly say Raptors suck? Nope

i seen a couple crf quads today...and not many people were hanging with them on wide open trails....
so get your tampon back in straight and simma down.

I was never excited or angry when I made my statements. I simply stated my opinion and experiences. And then defended them against your ignorant comment.

RAPTORAZ
04-28-2003, 01:46 AM

I will say this....Rators are also under powered for their displacement....

:eek:

Compared to what?

RAPTORAZ
04-28-2003, 01:48 AM
and i bet that in a straight line drag your raptor and your 416

really arent that far apart in performance are they?

They pretty much side by side until 3rd gear. Then the Raptor starts pulling away rather quickly. On the big sand hills, It's no contest. Raptor kills it.

RAPTORAZ
04-28-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by MX26

oh yeah, Just to be honest... The Raptor motor is no where near being as good as the CRF.

I never said it was. The CRF is much more potent in stock configuration. I was just out to prove that it's not unbeatable.

forum
04-28-2003, 09:22 AM
wel i have a 426 engine and the power is similar. I can eat raptors on the track. Raptors have more torque for the holeshot. But coming out of corners z400,raptors, and 400ex's all of which are hopped up have no chance of competteing with me. Not to mention they all wiegh alot more. the raptor motor being the heaveist. Go for it. the 426/450 take more skill to ride but they are faster. the raptor is an easyier to ride engine.

Castor-426ex
04-28-2003, 09:40 AM
I was never excited or angry when I made my statements. I simply stated my opinion and experiences. And then defended them against your ignorant comment.

go **** yourself

and the raptor is underpowered for a 660.....
when a piped and jetted 400ex can stay with it in a drag...

lets not even talk about reliability...but wait thats just the 01's right?:rolleyes:

dont get me wrong the Raptor is ok... but it is not the best high performance atv out

id think that a 660 should pretty much walk away from anything out.....

But wait....theres cannondale....440....raptor cant touch it...
dont even comment on that one....

my comment wasnt ignorant... or at least i dont think so

have a nice day

Red00Honda400EX
04-28-2003, 09:55 AM
I ride with 2 guys and thats all. 1 rides a Raptor and 1 rides a Z400. I can beat them both the Z400 pretty easy and the Raptor it usually depends on the hole shot.

Now when I run the river in the winter run into all sorts of things. I raced 2 crf450's this winter and basically got spanked from start to finish.

Not flaming anyone just posting some stories. :)

Castor-426ex
04-28-2003, 10:08 AM
yeah i wasnt flaming either but its funny how some people get so defensive over anothers comment that they resort to third grade name calling......

i was merely stating the reason RAPTORAZ dominated so well against the 450 is due to rider...it could have been a compliment to him...or it could have been an insult to the crf riders

regardless....

the 450 hauls

The Raptor Hauls

atc 110's haul

kxrider
04-28-2003, 10:57 AM
dude in the dumes bikes aint sh#$ believe me on hard pack dirt i can killl a raptor, btu in the dumes i barly keep up with piped 400exs, i know the 450 is fast on a bike frame, ,but ad twice as much weight???????? stick it in a quad and it will slow down

Mr_Bub400ex
04-28-2003, 11:05 AM
the raptor motor is low displacement compared to what? its a 660 and it has teh same displacement as a 440(cannondale) or a 450 (crf) i also believe that the rotax 650 is a way more powerful motor. so theres the proof

RAPTORAZ
04-28-2003, 01:39 PM

and the raptor is underpowered for a 660.....
when a piped and jetted 400ex can stay with it in a drag.

Mine sure couldn't. Still can't. Even with it's current engine mods.

RAPTORAZ
04-28-2003, 01:41 PM

lets not even talk about reliability...but wait thats just the 01's right?:rolleyes:

Mine's an 01. I've owned it since new. The only things I've had to do is change the oil, lube the chain, and clean the airfilter. ZERO problems.

RAPTORAZ
04-28-2003, 01:43 PM

Properly tuned it does.

RAPTORAZ
04-28-2003, 01:45 PM

But wait....theres cannondale....440....raptor cant touch it...
dont even comment on that one....

I've only lost to one. And it was internally modified.

RAPTORAZ
04-28-2003, 01:47 PM
go **** yourself

Now who's the third grader? Mr. hypocrite.

MX26
04-28-2003, 01:59 PM

Mr?

Maybe RAPTORAZ is a better rider than all of us..

RAPTORAZ
04-28-2003, 02:03 PM

Maybe RAPTORAZ is a better rider than all of us..

Probably not. I'd say I'm above average at drag racing and only an average rider overall.

Chef
04-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Hell, maybe I'm a better rider than the average Joe. I beat whatever I could find on our STOCK 01 Raptor without paddles. I beat a 416 (11:1 JE, Web 450/451, blady blah) Yes, the rider was the same weight as me, yes, he had paddles, yes, he made excuses afterward.

Castor-426ex
04-28-2003, 02:54 PM

its still you...i was merely retaliating

i hope your teacher gives you a star today

go smoke some more crf 450's:eek: :eek:

RAPTORAZ
04-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Hell, maybe I'm a better rider than the average Joe. I beat whatever I could find on our STOCK 01 Raptor without paddles. I beat a 416 (11:1 JE, Web 450/451, blady blah) Yes, the rider was the same weight as me, yes, he had paddles, yes, he made excuses afterward.

Thank's for the backup Chef.

RAPTORAZ
04-28-2003, 03:12 PM
its still you...i was merely retaliating

i hope your teacher gives you a star today

go smoke some more crf 450's:eek: :eek:

This bickering is pointless. Everyone has opinions. I end this with saying have a nice day Castor.

Castor-426ex
04-28-2003, 03:14 PM
you too Rap

ride safe

i wasnt bickering

just typing:D

forum
04-28-2003, 04:08 PM
drag races are hard to judge cause some people just have crappy reaction time or don't know how to shift. And personally I think it all matters on how fast you can come outta the corners and my 426 eats em all. The only machines that run pretty much the same are guys that know how to ride they're 330r's or nicely built 250r's. On my Ex i got eaten on the corners by raptors ect. but since i got my 426 I have yet to be outrun on a straight unless i wasn't giving it the guns because i was tired or couldn't take the bumbs as fast as the guy beside me. A guy i race with should get his z400 engine back from his engine builder soon. And then I'll really see if my investment was worth it. As far as a raptor goes. THey are low on HP considering they are 660's but tthey got some good torque. but if you compare them to ds650's they don't even have that good of torque. 2 of my cousins have raptors and they havent had any problems. but they don't race them. Once they start being modified and raced they do tend to break down more then they should

250rmike
04-29-2003, 05:29 AM
you cant judge a bike by just drag racing a good bike is a good overall bike. yes i beleive that the raptor is underpowered for a 660 i mean when something that is 400-440 cc can stay with it that right there just says it. i am not trying to start an arguement just stating an opinion. again i have never raced against either of these bikes so i will not say one is faster than the other. and it also looks like someones trying to get their post count up, dang post whore lol j/p with you man

MX26
04-29-2003, 06:18 AM
Well.. What could we expect out of this post? Even in the title, it's way off.. "is" is a singular word, and motors is plural. :confused:

Okay, let's get it all straightened out... I'll make everything even for everyone.. Someone call Tim Farr and get him to meet RAPTORAZ at the dunes somewhere and they can drag race... Then they'll go to Red Bud and do a little MX to see.. Don't ya'll think it's fair??

RAPTORAZ
04-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Well.. What could we expect out of this post? Even in the title, it's way off.. "is" is a singular word, and motors is plural. :confused:

Okay, let's get it all straightened out... I'll make everything even for everyone.. Someone call Tim Farr and get him to meet RAPTORAZ at the dunes somewhere and they can drag race... Then they'll go to Red Bud and do a little MX to see.. Don't ya'll think it's fair??

At the dunes it would depend on what Tim Farr is riding on who would win a drag race. At an MX track, he could probably beat me on an LT80. :D

Chef
04-29-2003, 02:59 PM

I'll do it. But we have to TT. lol

Sandragggen
04-30-2003, 03:36 AM
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Properly tuned it does.

I bought a 03' Baja that is totally stock and to my surprise, it beat a very well ridden, well tuned HMF piped Raptor, both on stock tires....several times. I didn't beat him by much, maybe 1.5 lenghts in 600'. I was prepared to lose and had all the excuses/gestures rehearsed but didn't need to use them..j/k. This may have been a isolated incident for I have not raced many Raptors and only proves that my DS beat that Raptor on that day. Next week it may be different. I've not seen a CRF450 equiped quad in person, but the dirt bike is wicked and would be my choice if I were to buy a 2-wheeler.

J Miller

300exjuggalo
04-30-2003, 04:35 AM
this fast VROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blah

MX26
04-30-2003, 11:46 AM
At the dunes it would depend on what Tim Farr is riding on who would win a drag race. At an MX track, he could probably beat me on an LT80. :D

Maybe riding his CRF450? Dunno though........

RAPTORAZ
04-30-2003, 02:35 PM
Maybe riding his CRF450? Dunno though........

Which are we talking about, drag or MX? Tim Farr on a CRF ATV versus me on an MX track. He would defininately win. Tim Farr versus me in a flat drag. If the weights are equalized, I'd put money on me. Drag racing is all about torque and I'm sure the Raptor has lots more of it. Let the flames begin. Again

Fleshwound
04-30-2003, 02:39 PM
what the he!! do you have on your bike?
and who the he!! do you think you are?
you wouldnt happen to have any video footage of your skills would ya?

RAPTORAZ
04-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Fleshwound
what the he!! do you have on your bike?
and who the he!! do you think you are?
you wouldnt happen to have any video footage of your skills would ya?

Rider ability only goes so far. If you are out powered, then you're out powered. There's no no way a Yugo is gonna beat a Corvette no matter who's driving it. I'm simply stating that given equal weights and equal riders, a "Tuned" Raptor is gonna beat a CRF powered ATV in a drag race due to the fact that a "Tuned" Raptor makes more torque.

Fleshwound
04-30-2003, 02:49 PM
oh okay i see where your comin from now...
i cant agree or disagree on this now because i have never ridden a 450...

MX26
04-30-2003, 03:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I could lose in a race against a Vette...

forum
05-01-2003, 07:24 AM
i would hope a 660 beats a 450. thats around then 50% more cc's. But the raptor is a beast. They weigh too damn much and considering they are a 660 they should turn out mor HP. A stock rappy puts out 34 hp. With a bit of tunning pipe/filter air box mods. wihch get rid of the stock detuning. Its puts it around 40. I gaurantie my 426 puts out more then that. and its basicaly stock. Plus the bike and engine itself wieghs considerably less. If you put it all into perspective it doesn't add up. Whats yamaha thinkin. and its not as tho the 426 engines are less relaible. I and im sure alot of others would argue the total oposite. DOn't get me wrong i like the raptor. I think they are great machines. They just have a few flaws like all others. the ds650 kills the raptor in drags, and the ds weighs alot more. Again somthing doesn't add up.

RAPTORAZ
05-01-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by forum
A stock rappy puts out 34 hp. With a bit of tunning pipe/filter air box mods. wihch get rid of the stock detuning. Its puts it around 40. I gaurantie my 426 puts out more then that. and its basicaly stock.

All the numbers I've seen on Raptor's put them 36-38 RWHP stock and 45-48 RWHP piped and jetted. I bet a 426 in an ATV chassis would probably put down identical numbers. Keep in mind that a YZ engine is a DOHC versus a Raptor's SOHC and also that the YZ has A LOT more compression. The Raptor is a low compression motor designed to run on 87 octane.

RAPTORAZ
05-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by forum
the ds650 kills the raptor in drags, and the ds weighs alot more.

I've seen hundreds, and been involved in dozens, of Raptor versus DS races. Whether piped or stock it comes down to rider ability. The bikes are that close.

zfire_28
05-01-2003, 06:54 PM
I've seen hundreds, and been involved in dozens, of Raptor versus DS races. Whether piped or stock it comes down to rider ability. The bikes are that close.
Stock for Stock, in my experiance nomatter who is riding either, a DS is faster from start to finish, and has a higher top speed, on dirt or pavement. I have riddn and raced both against each other and the results are almost always the same. I'm not slamn the Raptor, only stating what I have experianced for myself.

kargaaro
05-02-2003, 12:11 AM

Isn't that how this whole thing got started??#$@

RAPTORAZ
05-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by zfire_28
Stock for Stock, in my experiance nomatter who is riding either, a DS is faster from start to finish, and has a higher top speed, on dirt or pavement. I have riddn and raced both against each other and the results are almost always the same. I'm not slamn the Raptor, only stating what I have experianced for myself.

Here's some articles from DIRT WHEELS magazine. Feel free to verify them if you wish.

Direct quote from December 2000 edition:

"In a straight line drag race, we found that the DS650 and 660R Raptor blow away the Sportrax 400EX easily. Among the DS and Raptor, though, the contest is much closer. While the DS has a slight horsepower advantage on the top end, the Raptor tends to hook up better through the low and mid-range of their respective powerbands. In repeated drag races, the Raptor would would jump out to an early lead only to have the DS stay right with it all the way to top speed."

Direct quote from February 2001:

"So which is faster? In stock form, the 660R has a slight edge in short 100-yard drag races. On the top end both machines stock would hit a top speed of around 73 mph. Dragging these two in the sand would not reveal a consistent winner."

Direct quote from January 2003:

"Hard on the Banshee's paddles was the almost equally strong running Raptor 660R."
"Taking fourth overall in the acceleration was the smooth, liquid cooled, DOHC four stroke mill of the Alba modified Bombardier DS650."

These articles show that the Raptor is quicker in both stock and modified cases. Again though, they are close enough that it comes down to rider ability. :D

NTPRacing#19
05-03-2003, 03:22 AM
i rode walshs crf450 last weekend and my god i couldnt see a raptor being able to touch that thing lol. but yet i havent ridden a raptor. its just hard for me to believe a stock raptor being able to stay with a crf450 in a drag, but maybe the raptors can hang with a crf450. and oh yea walshs crf450 is actaully a 440 sparks motor so it is putting out more power than a stock crf450.

flame on that one all you want raptoraz but its hard for me to think that a raptor will beat those motors... when in the open class all i see pullin holeshots are crf450 and yz426's

RAPTORAZ
05-03-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
its just hard for me to believe a stock raptor being able to stay with a crf450 in a drag, but maybe the raptors can hang with a crf450. and oh yea walshs crf450 is actaully a 440 sparks motor so it is putting out more power than a stock crf450.

I never said a STOCK Raptor would run with a CRF. I doubt even a "Tuned" piped Raptor would run with a Sparks CRF motor.

RAPTORAZ
05-03-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
flame on that one all you want raptoraz but its hard for me to think that a raptor will beat those motors... when in the open class all i see pullin holeshots are crf450 and yz426's

Keep in mind that pulling a 50-100 yard holeshot on dirt is not a 300 yard sand drag. I'm sure a CRF with it's lower torque output would would easily pull away in a short drag on slippery surfaces due to traction. Even my 416EX will spank my Raptor in the dirt for about the first 100 or so yards until the Raptor hooks up. But put them in sand with paddles or on concrete it's a whole different story. I won't deny that a CRF or YZ motor is much better suited for most types of racing. I'm definitely faster on an MX track with my EX. The Raptor's got a higher center of gravity and it's prone to wheelying out of the corners. The EX is much smoother and easier to control. My Rappy will wear me out in only a couple of laps.

lars
05-04-2003, 01:59 AM
i bet in the tight wooded rough trails or on the track that raptor isnt all that is it

Sandragggen
05-04-2003, 04:19 AM
You can't believe half the stuff the mags claim. Once again, on Saturday the stock Baja put the hurt on the piped Raptors. The Baja has a 200 rpm higher rev limiter than the standard DS's, perhaps this is the difference. I know for a fact that a piped Raptor will beat a stock Raptor. I'm beating well ridden piped Raptors with a stock Baja. There is my review until a piped Raptor beats me.

J Miller

05-04-2003, 04:30 AM
well how fast do u wanna go...heh ;)

RAPTORAZ
05-04-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by lars
i bet in the tight wooded rough trails or on the track that raptor isnt all that is it

In the woods I'd much prefer my 416EX. However in there isn't much woodland near me.

RAPTORAZ
05-04-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Sandragggen
I know for a fact that a piped Raptor will beat a stock Raptor. I'm beating well ridden piped Raptors with a stock Baja. There is my review until a piped Raptor beats me.

J Miller

The exhaust isn't the restriction. Without opening up the airbox on a Raptor, a pipe does nothing. I havn't even had a stock DS give me a run. Even if I let them leave first, they're several lengths back by third gear. You just havn't met a properly jetted Raptor with an open airbox yet. You'll know it when you do though. All you'll see is this:

Sandragggen
05-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Raptor stock pipes are very restrictive and with a aftermarket pipe and airbox/jetting mods are needed for maximum performance. This is not new news. Not going to sit here and bench race with you RAPTORAZ. All I'm tell you is what I've wittnessed. If you are giving DS's a head start and then beating them by several lenghts by third gear 1.) The DS guys/girls don't know how to ride. 2.) Your Raptor has a whole lot more on it than a pipe and correctly tuned. 3.) There is a traction issue. 4.) Your blowing smoke.

J Miller

Chef
05-04-2003, 03:06 PM
All you guys need to quit your damn whinin!:o If you wanna get beat by a 400, I got one for you. Now shut your friggin traps! Jesus...

RAPTORAZ
05-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Raptor stock pipes are very restrictive and with a aftermarket pipe and airbox/jetting mods are needed for maximum performance. This is not new news. Not going to sit here and bench race with you RAPTORAZ. All I'm tell you is what I've wittnessed. If you are giving DS's a head start and then beating them by several lenghts by third gear 1.) The DS guys/girls don't know how to ride. 2.) Your Raptor has a whole lot more on it than a pipe and correctly tuned. 3.) There is a traction issue. 4.) Your blowing smoke.

J Miller

Properly tuned piped Raptor 46-48 RWHP
Stock DS650 42 RWHP + 60lbs heavier
You do the math.

Sandragggen
05-04-2003, 05:42 PM
I don't know, 46-48 hp sounds kinda high for a piped Raptor. 14Mins from the Connection dyno'd a stock Raptor at 32 hp. 16hp is quite a jump for a pipe.

All you guys need to quit your damn whinin! If you wanna get beat by a 400, I got one for you. Now shut your friggin traps!

Uh....OK....Sure....Chef! Thanks for setting us straight:rolleyes:

RAPTORAZ
05-05-2003, 01:57 AM
I don't know, 46-48 hp sounds kinda high for a piped Raptor. 14Mins from the Connection dyno'd a stock Raptor at 32 hp. 16hp is quite a jump for a pipe.

14Mins results were not typical. Some dyno's read higher/lower than others. Typically a stock Raptor on a Dynojet will make around 38RWHP, and a stock DS650 will make around 42RWHP. However Raptor's have a smoother power output and have 60 less pounds to drag around. That's why Raptor's and DS650's are so close. As for the pipe. The power comes from the airbox. I've seen Raptor's gain 5RWHP, with the stock pipe, just by opening up the airbox and removing the spark arrestor. To put it in perspective. When I put a pipe on my EX, I went from a stock 148 main(WITH an airbox lid) to a 165 main(WITHOUT an airbox lid) to make it perform at it's peak. On my Raptor I had to go from a stock 140/145 main(WITH an airbox lid) to 180/185 main(WITHOUT an airbox lid) to make it perform at it's peak. That means it took only 17 jet sizes to correct my EX, but it took 40 jet sizes to correct my Raptor. 80 if you take in consideration that it has dual carbs. That's how restricted a Raptor's airbox is. Most people with piped Raptors are afraid to run without an airbox lid, and that means they're bikes are slow. Too bad you aren't in AZ so I could show you.:D

Red00Honda400EX
05-05-2003, 03:12 AM
Off Topic: Being a big car guy and what not DynoJet numbers are ALWAYS high if you want real numbers from a dyno get on a mustang in a shop where the guys aren't there to please your eyes with big numbes.

I'm not flaming as I really don't care. My 426 has beat many raptors, piped or not and has NEVER beat a CRF450 before.

zfire_28
05-05-2003, 03:16 AM
Here's some articles from DIRT WHEELS magazine. Feel free to verify them if you wish.
I can only tell you what i have experianced. In a 100yd race on dirt(i am guessing at the distance across the bean-feild near my house) the stock Raptor, and DS were close, but the DS always seemed to pull ahead early and hold it. (both had what I would consider an equal handicap cause the Raptor wanting to wheelie, and the DS had so much tire spin at the start)

On pavement, in a long 1.5mile drag-race, the DS led the Raptor by a lot. I am not sure exactly how far ahead the DS was, but if I had to guess I would say about 30-40 feet!

As far as top speed goes. (I dont know on dirt) but on pavement I know that my piped 400ex would do exactly 73mph. I am not sure of the top speed on either the Raptor or the DS, but I do know that the Raptor was a little faster than my EX's top speed. The DS on the other hand blew by my 400 like I was standing still. (Don't laugh) but I bet it was doing better than 80mph!

On dirt, we didn't have enough runway to top them out long enough to compare.

I don't care for the Raptor or the DS, and would never buy either of these quads, so this is not a bias reply. And once again both of these quads were bone stock. take it for what you will RAPTORAZ.

This is my story and I'm stickn to it.:D

RAPTORAZ
05-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Well I guess that I and all of the ATV magazines must have factory freaks. Since I've never lost to a piped-only DS. And I've never seen any magazine articles where a piped-only DS beat a piped-only Raptor.

raptor_02
05-05-2003, 04:47 PM
EVERYONE, look at your ATVSPORT great 8 shootout at the drag times and the March 2002 Issue of ATVACTION. Oh raptoraz forgot to tell you guys the results of those drag races :D RAPTORAZ, your piped raptor has no chance of takeing a CRF or a YZF in a 100 yard drag. 5th gear should be about tapped in 100 yards so these 300 yard drag races are useless. Your making yourself look bad by saying that. I owned a raptor with a pipe, filter, jetting and etc and their is no way it gained 14HP. Maybe your the worlds best carb guy and can do spectacular things to carb's, that's why your's gains more HP than everyone else's.

Cannibal
Speed
Blaze
Moto
Banshee
DS 650
Baja 650
Gas Gas 300
Gas Gas 450
CRF and YZF quads

All these quads will spank a raptor in a drag, It has been done several times. And out of all of those in a 100 yard drag my money would be on the YZF or CRF quads but for some reason your piped raptor will smoke one
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: The only way I would believe it is if I seen it in person and then the only thing I would do is jump on the CRF my self and smoke your *** :D :D :D :D :D :D

MX26
05-05-2003, 05:00 PM
I thought the Raptor actually beat the Banshee(stock for stock)? Maybe I'm wrong though.. Wouldn't be the 1st time.

RaptorAZ, it's okay to admit when you're wrong. Believe me, I've had plenty of practice:D

The DS650 and Raptor will trade wins.. It's all a matter of who's riding what. Someone made reference to 14mins over at Connection.. Well, 14mins also gets eaten alive by Mike's DS, and quite a few others.. Mike's is the only stock bore one I'm aware of though.

People can bench(*****) talk behind a computer all they want. Most of it is BS, and some of it's truthful. Who the F reads dirtwheels anyways?? I believe it's a well known fact they have their head shoved wayyyy up a corporation's arse to be truthful. For example: I believe I read a while back about that Alba dune shootout.. Or maybe it was some other shootout, but anyways... It was a speed competition.. The C-Dale Moto was the fastest, but it lost because it was too expensive... In my opinion, speed doesnt have a dollar sign in front of it, and cost shouldn't have any comparison in the rankings of a speed shootout. Long story short, dirt wheels is good toilet paper.

zfire_28
05-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Well I guess that I and all of the ATV magazines must have factory freaks. Since I've never lost to a piped-only DS. And I've never seen any magazine articles where a piped-only DS beat a piped-only Raptor.
I don't think that Ive seen an article where piped-only raptors and DS 650s drag race, What issue of "all the ATV mags" are you refering too? i most likely have them in my stack, and would like to read the numbers they put out. I only remember stock for stock shootouts.

Once again we raced BONE STOCK. So I am not arguing that a piped Raptor will beat a piped DS, cause it very well might. From what i have read, raptors respond better to a pipe than a DS. :blah :macho :blah

RAPTORAZ
05-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by raptor_02
EVERYONE, look at your ATVSPORT great 8 shootout at the drag times and the March 2002 Issue of ATVACTION. Oh raptoraz forgot to tell you guys the results of those drag races

I did see the "Great 8" shootout. All it proves is that I am correct in my original statement. Raptor's and DS's are close enough that it comes down to rider ability. Sometimes The Raptor wins and sometimes the DS wins.

RAPTORAZ
05-06-2003, 01:22 PM
RAPTORAZ, your piped raptor has no chance of takeing a CRF or a YZF in a 100 yard drag. 5th gear should be about tapped in 100 yards so these 300 yard drag races are useless. Your making yourself look bad by saying that.

I'm no where near 5th gear in a hundred yards. Even at Speedworld Motorplex on asphalt, I'm only in the beginning of 4th. gear at the end of the 1/8 mile. And an 1/8 mile is over 300 hundred yards. H#ll even my 416 is only at the end of fourth gear by the end of 1/8 mile.

RAPTORAZ
05-06-2003, 01:25 PM
I owned a raptor with a pipe, filter, jetting and etc and their is no way it gained 14HP. Maybe your the worlds best carb guy and can do spectacular things to carb's, that's why your's gains more HP than everyone else's.

Sounds like you're one of the many who is better off letting someone else tune your bike.

RAPTORAZ
05-06-2003, 01:33 PM

Cannibal
Speed
Blaze
Moto
Banshee
DS 650
Baja 650
Gas Gas 300
Gas Gas 450
CRF and YZF quads

All these quads will spank a raptor in a drag, It has been done several times. And out of all of those in a 100 yard drag my money would be on the YZF or CRF quads but for some reason your piped raptor will smoke one
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: The only way I would believe it is if I seen it in person and then the only thing I would do is jump on the CRF my self and smoke your *** :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cannibal - I haven't lost to one yet
Speed - Never raced one
Blaze - Never raced one
Moto - Never raced one
Banshee - I haven't lost to a piped-only one yet.
DS650 - I've beaten some and been beaten(None stock) by some.
Baja 650 - Same
Gas Gas 300 - Never raced one
Gas Gas 450 - Never raced one but I hear they're slow
CRF - Beaten two
YZF - Never raced one

I'm sorry my real world races don't coincide with your dream world. I've only made statement about what I've read and what personal experiences I've had. I'm sorry if you can't accept them.

Sick0
05-06-2003, 01:59 PM
Yeah, how do you know a gasgas450 would beat a raptor. They are saying right now its it has a tame motor in it right now.

Plus I don't see a cannabile beating a raptor either. I'm not trying stand up Raptorz. From what I've read he soulds like he's BS's a little. Don't down play a raptor or yamaha the make fast quads, untill the have to turn, jump, or go though any thing.

Sandragggen
05-06-2003, 03:30 PM
RAPTORAZ just might have a unusually fast Raptor. They are around. A buddy who I've never raced yet with the Baja has a HMF, pro-flow, jet kit Raptor that ran a 5.25 a couple of weeks ago in 300' sand on gas. He does have shocks removed, lowered and a wheelie bar and weighs 130 lbs. He normally runs 5.3's. He launches on the rev limiter. Everyone thinks he's done motor work. The only true way to find out whose faster is line em up. I'm always up for a race...win or lose....it's all good.

JMiller

RIDER11X
05-07-2003, 05:55 AM
I ride most weekends with an 01" piped Raptor. I ride it a fair amount also. Dirt Wheels pipe shootout did say as best I can remember, that a stock Raptor makes 34hp, and some of the best pipes w/ filter, airbox, and jetting mods were giving 13hp gains on the dyno. This would add up to 47hp.
Just by seat of the pants feel, I'd guess his to be in the 43-45 hp range. Raptors are internally geared very high, probably because of their very high torque they pull those gears well, and I believe this does account for most of their success in long drags. But, how many first turns are a half a mile off the gate? I believe this is the reason for their less than spectacular race results in mx, and xc.
Raptors are fine machines, they just have their strong and weak points just like any other machine out there. They are a hard machine to beat for long drags on the flat or uphill. But, YZF's and CRF's do rule the mx tracks with equal riders.JMO:rolleyes: :cool:

raptor_02
05-07-2003, 08:16 AM
I did see the "Great 8" shootout. All it proves is that I am correct in my original statement. Raptor's and DS's are close enough that it comes down to rider ability. Sometimes The Raptor wins and sometimes the DS wins. dude from 0-45 the DS was .6 seconds faster. That's alot. The sad thing is the raptor wasn't even 2nd, the cannibal was. But wait you have never been out run by one of those :rolleyes: From 0-30 the DS was 3.03 and the raptor was 3.07. Then from 0-45 the DS was 6.22 and the raptor was 6.87. The raptor sucks in midrange and that proves it. Over a 15mph spand the DS pulls a half of a second on it. To me that's not even close. The sad thing is the raptor has more cc than any quad in the class and still doesn't win. The closest quad in displacement the DS 650 which has about 10cc less weighs about 80lbs more so the raptor should be destroying it. 10 more cc and 80 less pounds. But it still gets smoked. Why???? Because the raptor motor is a big piece of **** and is the hole reason why that quad sucks. The big motor is the cause of the high center of gravity which causes the big piece of **** to handle so bad. That's why hopefully yamaha is going to quit making the craptor and put the YZF 426 or 450 motor in a frame. More power, less weight and more reliable = better sales and that's what yamaha needs to do.

NTPRacing#19
05-07-2003, 10:15 AM
what i dont get is why the factorys put all their technology into the dirtbike motors and still have old age technology in the quad motors?? it doesnt make any sense!!! and its making me mad

DeCap27
05-07-2003, 10:31 AM
NOT fast enough....

Peace Out

Second prowd owner
of 89 fully restored LT500R
15K$

DeCap27
05-07-2003, 10:42 AM
still gets smoked. Why???? Because the raptor motor is a big piece of **** and is the hole reason why that quad sucks. The big motor is the cause of the high center of gravity which causes the big piece of **** to handle so bad.

I will agree with u there the raptor motor is Junk .But from what i have seen the DS 650s are very slow compare to the rator.Becuase the DS 650s are too heavy..

Now u take my Quad I beat 2 Piped and jetted raptors so far 50 yards all the way i was ahead of them in a 200 yard flat race.AND the funny thing about this is my bike is 50 pounds heaver then a Raptor .MYn is 430 pounds(raptors is 378 or 398) cant remember)

That just shows u the power of a 500cc 2 stroke...
MY Best friend owns a Raptor i road it and i thought it was really sad even with the Yoshyma pipe..

HE road myn and his mounth just droped.I only had it at the time pipe and jetted at the time>BUt im recently torn down the motor and sending it to LRD performance to have them put a over size crank and head mod.. onto it..I just whonted to prove my point up here in NY that Raptors are **** bikes..THERE Nice but Yamaha just didnt do a good job on the engine..Now im going one step further and doing a complete race setup...

If I didnt come arcoss this LT i wouldve bought a banshee or a Raptor.I really dont whont people to hate me becuase what i say about the Raptor IT is still a nice bike and u can do alot of thing to it to make it nicer ,But i just think that yamaha shouldve made it a 2 stroke or a bigger 4 stroke..They where to much into it for the money they new where that bike was going when it first came out with it..

sorry for my spelling it isnt the best.Must smelling to much 2 stroke fumes..hehe

Peace Out

Second prowd Owner of
a 89 Fully restore LT500R
15K$

250x#93
05-07-2003, 11:46 AM
They are FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST:muscle:

DeCap27
05-07-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by 250x#93

I would buy a 250 if i was u the 125s are week..( u will get use to it and u will hate it .)OR i do know that HONDA makes a 500cc 2 stroke dirtbike also..
They are FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST:muscle:

FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS RIDE YAMAHAS (L-O-L)

well there is one good thing about yamaha, THEY do make some nice AMPLIFIERS...

Peace OUt
second PRowd Owner of
89 fully restored LT500R
15K$

RAPTORAZ
05-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
I ride most weekends with an 01" piped Raptor. I ride it a fair amount also. Dirt Wheels pipe shootout did say as best I can remember, that a stock Raptor makes 34hp, and some of the best pipes w/ filter, airbox, and jetting mods were giving 13hp gains on the dyno. This would add up to 47hp.
Just by seat of the pants feel, I'd guess his to be in the 43-45 hp range. Raptors are internally geared very high, probably because of their very high torque they pull those gears well, and I believe this does account for most of their success in long drags. But, how many first turns are a half a mile off the gate? I believe this is the reason for their less than spectacular race results in mx, and xc.
Raptors are fine machines, they just have their strong and weak points just like any other machine out there. They are a hard machine to beat for long drags on the flat or uphill. But, YZF's and CRF's do rule the mx tracks with equal riders.JMO:rolleyes: :cool:

Well said.

RAPTORAZ
05-07-2003, 02:09 PM
The sad thing is the raptor wasn't even 2nd, the cannibal was. But wait you have never been out run by one of those :rolleyes:

You're are talking about stock bikes. Since my bike was stock for about a week, I never had a chance to race a Cannibal in stock form. I've only raced them in piped form, and havn't lost to one yet.

RAPTORAZ
05-07-2003, 02:14 PM
The one thing you are all not considering is how choked up a Raptor is in stock form. If you were to take all new production ATV's, open up their airboxes, and rejet them accordingly, I doubt any of them would be able to touch a Raptor in a drag. I think the Raptor was deliberately detuned by Yamaha to keep the average person from killing themselves.

DeCap27
05-07-2003, 02:34 PM
The one thing you are all not considering is how choked up a Raptor is in stock form. If you were to take all new production ATV's, open up their airboxes, and rejet them accordingly, I doubt any of them would be able to touch a Raptor in a drag. I think the Raptor was deliberately detuned by Yamaha to keep the average person from killing themselves.

Killing them selfs lol .(u shouldve seen this thing stock .I never test to see how fast it was top end but alot of people that i talked to on the internet say the do 90 mph stock ..

when my LT500R was just piped and jetted u shouldve seen and herd .How many people said to me and other people that they think i was going to kill my self on it.

Becuase it was so fast just being pipe and jetted .Running right of course .ALot of poeple that own these bike LTs dont know nothing about them therefore they blow the head gaskets of them all the time and burn there rings..THese engine are old there for u have to put a sealent on sertan parts of the head ,because the head gaskets blow easy on these bikes witch cause lack of power(burnt rings)

ANd of course anyone that know when u burn ur rings even alittle bit u lack in alot of power.(loss)..

Peace OUt

prowd second owner of
a 89 fully restored LT500R
15K$

danyeo
05-08-2003, 04:56 AM
You're are talking about stock bikes. Since my bike was stock for about a week, I never had a chance to race a Cannibal in stock form. I've only raced them in piped form, and havn't lost to one yet.

On the Cannibals sometimes the way it's mapped has something to do with it. The HMF pipe seems to be the favorite with a Moto/speed map. Stock Cannibals are around 37-39 HP stock and after the pipe and remap in the mid 40's. I saw an issue of Dirtwheels when they did a pipe shootout on the Raptor and i think the CT system had the biggest gains. Right around 45HP. OF course dyno's are wierd and there is no sense argueing over 1 or 2 HP. Most of the stock #'s i have seen from Raptors put the average HP stock at 35. I have seen dyno's listing 32 and some 38 so i will think 35 is realistic since i don't have the brand loyalty curve factored in. It is very impressive how the Raptor gains all that power from those mods. Raptor gains 10-14 hp from Pipe, jetting, and air box mods where the 400ex with the same mods gets maybe 3 HP. So the Raptor surely does have great hop up potential that i thought could only be had from a 2 stroke. Everyone quoting the ATVs sport shootout has to remember that those are STOCK quads, and yes a Cannibal and DS are faster than the Raptor while left stock, but still it's close. The Raptor engine isn't a piece of garbage, it's just made to please a wide variety of riders, from trail riders to duners. If Yamaha wanted to make a Dune version of the Raptor I'm sure it would have higher HP output and a wider stance. The DS stands for, um ah, DUNE SPORT. Now the Cannibal is one fast quad but can only be hopped up so much, but after i get my pipe and remap it I'm sure i can hang with or beat some piped Raptors, maybe I'll loose a few but I'm sure i can win a few. But if you take your piped Raptor and put it on a track against a Moto, you will get spanked. All that extra HP really won't matter but that's the track of course and i guess alll the extra HP really helps outon those big dunes out West.

RIDER11X
05-08-2003, 05:22 AM
Hey Danyeo, no flame intended, but where are you planning to get parts for that Cannondale when it needs stuff?:confused: Wouldn't it be wise to get another machine that parts are available for?

I am not impressed with Cannondale's method in handling all of this, as some provision should have been made to have a small technical staff kept to sell parts through mail order and offer technical assistance on their machines. People like you bought their quad and are now stuck.

Sorry to get off subject again.:(

danyeo
05-08-2003, 07:16 AM
I bought my Cannibal for 4500 and i bought an entire spare parts inventory for 1200, normally the spares would have cost 2200. Why do all you non-cannondale riders think we are going to have a hard time finding parts? Places like Quadsource are here to help us, several sources and dealers have stocked up and have lots of spares. Also the future nis still unclear, we are wainting to see what happens with Pegasus and Rad2GO.

jcv400ex
05-08-2003, 07:17 AM
Wow, the thread ran amuck alittle....

A CRF vs Raptor. First off, no one in there right mind would drag race a motorcross machine. They're not geared for drag racing...I can beat a Moto in a drag race on my Cannibal.....gear a CRF motor to drag, and it'd be faster than the Raptor....hands down.

Don't worry Danyo, we're getting parts for cannon's just fine. And I've YET to loose to a piped Rapturd.....drag or through the woods.....:macho

danyeo
05-08-2003, 07:27 AM
CRF-VS Raptor.
Ok now i can go back off topic. Yeah, JVC i am glad that i have a bunch of spares on me, i am only worried about getting anyone close to me that knows the machine well. Doing that stud update kind of scares me. I am keeping my fingers crossed because damm i just don't like many other quads out there, the Pred looks promising but i wouldn't get one now, not till they straighten out some of it's issues. And where i live noise is a big issue so a loud pipe is an invitation for the cops. I am going to try an HMF with a quiet core and see how that is. And you have beaten piped Raptors, well that's pretty impressive. I really don't like Raptors though, i mean just the way they feel. Too tall and narrow, i like em wide and low like the Dale.
CRF-VS Raptor. :cool:

MX26
05-08-2003, 04:27 PM
MxDale71 has beaten piped Raptors with his stock Cannibal....

raptor_02
05-09-2003, 02:35 AM
i am shocked to see that someone would try to argue that a piped raptor could take a CRF in a drag. But there are some crazy people out there:rolleyes:

RAPTORAZ
05-09-2003, 04:00 AM
MxDale71 has beaten piped Raptors with his stock Cannibal....

I've beaten some piped Raptors on my 416EX too. All that proves is that the Raptor's I've beaten were not properly tuned. As my "Tuned" Raptor spank's my 416EX.

RAPTORAZ
05-09-2003, 04:06 AM
i am shocked to see that someone would try to argue that a piped raptor could take a CRF in a drag. But there are some crazy people out there:rolleyes:

You shouldn't be shocked. As a properly tuned piped Raptor makes about the same rear wheel horsepower as a CRF. But the Raptor makes more rear wheel torque. The torque advantage gives the Raptor a stronger top end pull. Which Is where I pulled away from the CRF's. In any event, I'm pulling my Raptor's motor tomorrow and after she gets back from the engine builder. NO CRF on the planet will be a threat for my 12.5:1 big cammed 720. Good luck on getting a CRF to make 75 RWHP.

DeCap27
05-09-2003, 05:34 AM
i dis agree about the Raptors take off .I think its a joke .I raced my best friends Raptor with my pipe and jetted LT 500R

and i was like 40 yards if not further all the way ahead of him in a 200 yard flat race...AND he has a yoshi pipe and a 3 stage jet kit.AND he know more about jetting then i do so i know his is diled in right...

THEN agin we are compare a 2 stroke 500 verus a 660cc NOrmal a 2 stroke will be more powerfull anyway..

BUT see my LT is running in mint shape not like alot of these others out there that are ****ed up and cant beat ****..

I rode his bike and i thought it wasnt bad but felt like rideing a warroir compare to my bike..I had him ride myn and he thought it was fun for how much power it was..

I will amit this one time we raced my rings whernt in top shape ,this was before i did a restore on it..HE did beat me all thoe the only time he pasted me was right at the finished but not buy much like 1 foot...(but like i said my bike was a peace of crap then a blaster couldve beated me..

I never herd the end of it after that and thats what made me put 10 k into my bike so now I got my own Raptor kill count right on my fender in black marker so everyone can see that my bike smokes them..I got only 2 so far that i raced...
After beating my firend i bet this one guy 500$ up front and got it>NOW on im takin 800$ cash i with me..

Second prowd Owner of a
89 fully REstored LT500R:)

nutcase
05-09-2003, 05:51 AM
JUST HAVE TO POST IT

DeCap27
05-09-2003, 06:51 AM
WHoes argueing?

OR are u just stateing that u are restarted .(L-O-L)
like we care....

Second Prowd owner of a
89 fully restored LT500R:D

UglyMotha™
05-09-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by DeCap27
WHoes argueing?

OR are u just stateing that u are restarted .(L-O-L)

Second Prowd owner of a
89 fully restored LT500R

i dunno whose calling who retarded but arguing is posted in huge letters on that picture and you still couldn't spell it and what does restarted mean you might want to clean out your closet before you start running around calling someone else retarded:huh

DeCap27
05-09-2003, 07:05 AM
dunno whose calling who retarded but arguing is posted in huge letters on that picture and you still couldn't spell it and what does restarted mean you might want to clean out your closet before you start running around calling someone else retarded

OH wow a few miss spells, like anyone here doesnt do that on a normal acashion..MOst of these forums u go to all there is is misspell's , so u dont know what ur talkin about...

Second Prowd Owner of a
89 fully restored LT500R

DeCap27
05-09-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha
i dunno whose calling who retarded but arguing is posted in huge letters on that picture and you still couldn't spell it and what does restarted mean you might want to clean out your closet before you start running around calling someone else retarded:huh

no ones perfect .BUT give u know right to post that pic and start somthing buy calling us tards for WHat u think was a agruement..

UglyMotha™
05-09-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by DeCap27
no ones perfect .BUT give u know right to post that pic and start somthing buy calling us tards for WHat u think was a agruement..

do you have any cuz's named slapnutz and monkeyboy, it might be me but i just can't seem to figure out what in god's name you are trying to say there :huh

I didn't post any pics nor did call anybody retarded i was just simply trying to say that you shouldn't make yourself look like a retard while calling someone a retard:huh

oh ya i think you meant no, not know;) maybe that's what is throwing me off

DeCap27
05-09-2003, 07:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by UglyMotha
[B]do you have any cuz's named slapnutz and monkeyboy, it might be me but i just can't seem to figure out what in god's name you are trying to say there :huh

I didn't post any pics nor did call anybody retarded i was just simply trying to say that you shouldn't make yourself look like a retard while calling someone a retard:huh

i dunno whose calling who retarded but arguing is posted in huge letters on that picture and you still couldn't spell it and what does restarted mean you might want to clean out your closet before you start running around calling someone else retarded

WELL U must be sticking up for nutcase or u would say what u just said on ur first note above.
becuase in that paragraph u where calling me a retard

MSL
05-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Who gives a chit who called who a retard.
Get over it and move on geesh:blah

UglyMotha™
05-09-2003, 07:29 AM
read it closely, no where in the paragraph did i ever directly call you a retard you just assumed i was;)

i'm done no point in arguing with you have a good day
:cool:

nutcase
05-09-2003, 08:35 AM
damn ugly,
they are getting pretty hostile around this post aren't they?

danyeo
05-09-2003, 08:43 AM
Oh Geesh nutcase, my kidneys are hurting from laughing soo hard, i think you are going to hell for posting that pic. You bring the cards and I'll bring the beer!!

UglyMotha™
05-09-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by nutcase
damn ugly,
they are getting pretty hostile around this post aren't they?

eh, I guess thats what happens when you try to compare an orange to a bannana:huh

:p

DeCap27
05-09-2003, 09:54 AM
man forget about it maybe i did take uglymotha wrong .I dont know ,Who cares about it now its over...

SEcond Prowd owner of a
89 fully restored LT500R

raptor_02
05-11-2003, 04:45 PM
You shouldn't be shocked. As a properly tuned piped Raptor makes about the same rear wheel horsepower as a CRF. But the Raptor makes more rear wheel torque. The torque advantage gives the Raptor a stronger top end pull. Which Is where I pulled away from the CRF's. In any event, I'm pulling my Raptor's motor tomorrow and after she gets back from the engine builder. NO CRF on the planet will be a threat for my 12.5:1 big cammed 720. Good luck on getting a CRF to make 75 RWHP. better buy you a swingarm for that beast because if not you will still get smoked off the line

RAPTORAZ
05-12-2003, 12:23 AM
better buy you a swingarm for that beast because if not you will still get smoked off the line

It's in transit as we speak.:D

4TraxRider
05-12-2003, 08:54 AM
Here's my take on saying things are faster than others. Personally, i prefer to brag about how slow my quad is, so that when i stop on something someone is always saying is so fast, they get even more mad. Now what good is it in saying that your quad is the fastest, say it is slower, then everyone who you beat will feel worse. I find it a lot more fun racing someone who always brags about how fast their quad is, while I always say mine is slow, and then I win. They get twice as mad, and I am twice as happy, and you have more braggins rights to your friends or to mess with the other guys head.