PDA

View Full Version : Help...with camcorder

MojaveKing
04-27-2003, 01:28 PM
hey all.....well i had my birthday party last nigth and i got a camcorder..... i got a SAMSUNG 8mm camcorder....and i was wonderin whats better a 8mm or a digital camcorder??? tha 8mm has 880 digital zoom and 22x optical zoom....the digital 1 i am lookin @ is...a JVC...with a Built in Digital Camera and iot has 16x opticcal zoom adn 700x digital zoom...

which 1 better for.....tapin tha quads....racein...messin around wit....tapin me adn my gf...family......
i just want a GOOD....1....whcih is better or bestest 1 out of those too

and i need to know with in 30 days!! thanks

04-27-2003, 01:57 PM
the 8mm camcorder by samsung sounds good, but if that jvc is a camcorder but also has a built in digi camera, that'd be better cuz then you aint gotta go buy some 150 digi camera.. You wont use all the features theys ay on the camera ne ways

MojaveKing
04-27-2003, 02:00 PM
come on any1????

MojaveKing
04-27-2003, 02:06 PM
thanks man....hahah i didn see u post....i post rigth as u did.......ok
now back to it
yea..the JVC is a Digital CAMCORDER and Has a BUILT IN Digtial camera...............i was thinkin about the digital camera Part too cuz some time in the future i am goin to want 1.....and if i get the JVC it will have 1 already in it!
whats better tapein.....i want the JVC to make good CLear videos will it do it by beiin a digital 1....??

thanks....any1 else

04-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Just go with the JVC, both will end up being almost the same, and same in the picture also.. with the samsung you just can zoom in a little farther

MojaveKing
04-27-2003, 02:15 PM
zoom in a little farther ya....i saw that....but if i got wit the JVC i get a Built in Digital camera....but Lose...a lil zoom...in....nuttin big Rigth.....??

ok if the JVC is digital......what do i record the footage on???
tapes.....what....??

04-27-2003, 02:38 PM
the JVC will be fine. not a big lsoe at all, wont even notice it, also you record the footage on 8mm tape and the digi camera there is a wire that connects to your camera to the computer and you download them to your computer

MojaveKing
04-27-2003, 02:47 PM
wires also u can hook to ur TV to watch it..........?? OK ....8mm tapes thanks!! and....like lets say.......i do this trick on my Mojave...ok....wit tha JVC could i rewind and take a look @ it to see if it is Perfect
??

here be the JVC take a look..........and would this 1 be ok for tapin me on my Mojave...Sh*t like this??
http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11203973&m=82&cat=93&scat=96

04-27-2003, 03:02 PM
Yea, thats right

MojaveKing
04-27-2003, 03:18 PM
thats rigth to what part..........all of theses...... wires to tv to watch...........rewind and play over it...and what u think Hiper250r??

btw thanks for ur help hiper250r!!!:D

04-27-2003, 03:30 PM
No Problem, and Yes there will be wires to hook to ur tv to watch and yes to you can rewind and see if it' a good pic or video or not, and yes I think thatd be best to get if you dont like you get a money back garuntee prolly a month or 2 garuntee.. so you can always bring it back

MojaveKing
04-27-2003, 03:40 PM
thanks alot its....helped me out alot!!!!
wit tha samsung now....i took it out of the box....put tha battery in....been mess around wit out a TApe......yea i only get 30 days!!
when i bring it back i will ask him if the tapes i got will work...in the JVC

oh ya....well i think i am goin wit tha JVC!!......lil more $ but i got that to for presents so it is all good.......
gtg study my Drivers Ed....i am takin my Permit test morrow @ 11....gtg study....thanks again:)

BlazingYamahaYz
04-27-2003, 03:41 PM
hmm...i would say go with the digital camcorder...i have used an 8mm sony for videos, and u have to buy an S-video or some other adapter for it to put the video onto the computer...my friend bought the USB link cable($70) and now im working on finishing videos...its fun, but a digital camcorder would be really nice...if the price is right, go for it, cuz i have seen digi camcorders VERY EXPENSIVE:grr

MojaveKing
04-27-2003, 03:59 PM
well.....250 for the 8 mm i got....plus 170 in cash/checks......and i have a$25 for best buy or whatver so i am up in the 450 range....so wont be bad......

EHSRACING
04-27-2003, 05:14 PM
hey i would say go with the digital camera they are almost always better i have a jvc dig. and am very impressed with it ecspeccially the size which is about the best advantage. as far as the digital camera option dont let that play into your desion because the ones that the camcorder will take are almost worthless very low resoultion and quailty unless you buy a very high end one like $1000 + you would be better off buying a cheap $75-150 digital camera becuase they take better pics than most digital camcorders i say this because i have a higher end jvc camcorder and know from exp.

Ballistic Atv
04-28-2003, 05:31 AM
I would say definately go with the jvc digital camcorder.
The picture quality, resolution, sound quality, and the fact that you can download the video footage onto your computer via a1394 cable and do the video editing are all big pluses of digital camcorders.
And i would not worry about the samsung having a longer DIGITAL zoom, on both of the cameras i would disable the digital zoom because it distorts and reduces the image quality of the picture(because instead of using optical lenses, the digital zoom uses software built into the camera to magnify the picture).
So get a camera with the longest OPTICAL zoom and forget about the digital zoom feature.
Also, if you are going to be doing any video editing i would recommend the following software depending on your budget(keep in mind that the more expensive software is not always better, but in this list i am making for you, the more expensive software has more features and more proffesional editing tools)

Under $100

Pinnacle studio dv version 8 : $100 dollars, includes software 1394 cable and 1394 card. Everthing you need to start editing.

over $300
Adobe premiere 6 : about $350 (this is the software i use, it doesnt come with the cable or card, you will have to buy them separately, but i LOVE this program, it is by far the best i have ever used.

There are alot of other video editing software packages, you can do a search on ebay and find some other software.

MojaveKing
04-28-2003, 10:03 AM
what u sayin.........??????
that JVC 1 a good choise

Ballistic Atv
04-28-2003, 10:20 AM
Yep, I am saying that the JVC is a much better choice than the 8mm samsung.
And i was also saying to not worry about the digital zoom( when the 700x or something crazy like that it is always digital zoom) it is just a marketing hype to attract all the newbies to buy it.
They will also list the optical zoom on the camcorder(a good optical zoom would be between 20-25x)

MojaveKing
04-28-2003, 10:23 AM
ok....the JVC has 16x optical zoom.....
but i am still thinkin of gettin the JVC..........the JVC wit a built in digi camera

Ballistic Atv
04-28-2003, 10:29 AM
One more thing, how much does the JVS camcorder the you are thinking of buying cost?
And, you cannot use 8mm tapes(the ones that the samsung uses) with the JVS digital camcorder, unless you buy a sony digital 8 camcorder which records digitally on a 8mm tape.
IMO i wouldn't buy a camcorder with a digital camera built into it, it just raises the price of the camcorder and the pictures it takes are not that good quality.
I would reccomend spend the same amount of money on a digital camcorder without the digital camera built into it, you can get a much better camcorder for the same price.

lol i hope that made sense.
If you have ne questions about camcorders just im me at mattlvsbball and i should be able to answer most or ur questions.

MojaveKing
04-28-2003, 10:49 AM
well......yes it has a built in digital camera.........and i am not goin to be takin alot of photos......just some.....like of the 4 wheeler to put on here......me and my GF....stuff like that...........
ya i want the camcorder to be GOOD........the JVC is $500.......
abou tthe tapes i will ask some 1....there about it so dont worry about it............so.......i prolly wont be putin the videos on my Compuiter so dont really worry about that....if i need some help i will ask ya......

just want a camcorder to.....record me adn my friends on our 4 wheelers.........my friends....nuttin....big i am not makin a movie or anything so........would the JVC be a good choice fro me..........??............

MojaveKing
04-28-2003, 10:59 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e...&cat=93&scat=96

hope it works....so take a look @ it.......there she be........???

Dune Surfer
04-28-2003, 02:05 PM
Get the digital camera. It will take much better movies and pics.

MojaveKing
04-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Dune Surfer Get the digital camera. camcorder u mean...>???:confused:
get the JVC digital camcorder...??..... wit the built in Digi camera?? i am thinkin.....??

04-28-2003, 03:09 PM
Just get the jvc..

Dune Surfer
04-28-2003, 06:15 PM
yes get the jvc. Digital media records much clearer then tape. there is no comparison. As an example look at a still picture from a movie. It is not sharp at all blurry even. the same picture from a digital source will be perfectly clear. Its' in the way it is recorded. A digital source records with 1"s and O's. It will never degrade . It's the differance between a cassette tape and a cd. one is recorded digitaly(cd) the other is recorded on magnetic tape.

MojaveKing
04-29-2003, 10:00 AM
ya.....well i need to go back to the store....1hr away and return it so i can get the JVC......ya i was planin on gettin the JVC!!:D

thanks!:D