PDA

View Full Version : best a-arms for the$$$$

elka400
04-27-2003, 09:19 AM
what's up fellow exers. i just put my new elka triple rates on my 400 and was looking to get some a arms to compliment them. what's the best set for under $600 bucks or in that range i was was online and read a review of american star arms chromoly for 479 but was also told to go with houser or buraguard not sure if i spelled that right ,but you no what mean. any feedback or places to buy them the cheapest would be greatly appreciated. thanks erich

QuadTrix6
04-27-2003, 10:37 AM
HOUSER :cool:

AndrewRRR
04-27-2003, 10:39 AM
I'd say for the money the JD's are hard to beat. www.jdperformanceatv.com. 4130 chromoly, very nice tig welds, strong gussets. I like em.

ieatglue
04-27-2003, 10:43 AM
the jd a arms are built and look identical to leagers but you don't have to give $$$ for them.

PreRunFun
04-27-2003, 12:52 PM
I just got some lonestar full race arms for my raptor. Some people are knocking lonestar but these arms are hella beefy. They go for about 730, but if I was you I would save up another 150 and get some that are worth getting. Also when you ordered your shocks did you have them set up for stock a arms or extended like +2 or whatever. If they are set up for stock arms you will most likely have to get them revalved for your wider a arms. Just some food for thought for ya. My friend got some alba a arms that were only about 550 but bent both bottoms in about a week. But come to find out his shocks weren't set up right so that probably had something to do with it. Also i've seen the alba a arms on a raptor that races in the desert and seemed to be working fine for him. So who knows maybe they are strong enough. They just are made out of smaller tubing then most. They don't look beefy like the lonestars or laegers. Well if you have any questions I'll try and help you out best I can.

BigAl
04-27-2003, 01:27 PM
I haven't bought anything yet, but I called and talked to Bob the other evening, and I was really impressed.

He has some good looking products at GREAT prices.

I feel like most aftermarket places are way overpriced, so when I find some reasonable stuff like his, I feel like spreading the word.

His +2 arms were around $500 .

www.meszmoto.com

PreRunFun
04-27-2003, 03:44 PM
Be carefull man, in the atv aftermarket world the saying, you get what you pay for, pretty much explains it all. Just keep that in your head. What brand does he sell? What kind of riding do you do? And where at? If you just do rec trail riding you won't need big beefy a arms. But the extra material is nice to have.

bmw500hp
04-27-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by PreRunFun
I just got some lonestar full race arms for my raptor. Some people are knocking lonestar but these arms are hella beefy. They go for about 730,

just put down some $$ on a local set to hold of those lonestar arms... looking them over, VERY NICE! american stars not in the same league....pre run fun is tellin ya straight up...

04-27-2003, 05:07 PM
in the atv aftermarket world the saying, you get what you pay for, pretty much explains it all

You kidding I am yet to get 1/2 of wtf I paid for. This stuff is all way way overcooked on price.

If you are thinking of trying a "less expensive" part try to look for something from a smaller company that sells at lower prices by keeping expenses low by staying small over a mail order company buying stuff in bulk cause you have a better chance at being happy.

Just MHO

hugh jayis
04-28-2003, 09:00 AM
440ex4me just said it. i have personally seen some pretty high quality **** come out of small fab shops. i've seen junk come out of small fab shops too though........ some people say **** about houser arms but my buddy has been mx racing his every weekend for a year now and hasnt had any trouble with them. housers are a few hundy cheaper than roll design and leagers products and they seem to hold up. i dont think price always reflects quality.

400grl
04-28-2003, 10:32 AM
Check out Ricky Stators at www.rickystator.com - I have +3+1's and I love them. They have been through some nasty stuff, but so far they are terrific!

300XFST4602
04-28-2003, 12:59 PM
I have Chrome Burgard , I Love them.

seven
04-28-2003, 01:17 PM
For that price range i would say JD performance

bmw500hp
04-28-2003, 01:34 PM
Hmmm to get back to what you were asking elka 400... There are alot of great a-arms for under 600 skins...especially used ones...

My 1" Leagers are for sale for only 325.00. Granted I don't think they would work for your 400ex. ( they are for 250r) but for 325.00 there a pretty darn good deal... why spring for new when good deals are out there like that....whats wrong with another riders used arm of good quality?

You could use the extra 300.00 bucks to invest in that rear shock...thats bound to be the next thing that you address...in the end, a better setup for less cash outlay...

sniff around...somebodies got just what you want...

muff
04-28-2003, 01:59 PM
burgard for sure, $415!

http://www.qis.net/~harlen/burgard/400EX.html

JD400exrider
04-28-2003, 04:36 PM
You might want to wait to see what Arens Bros. comes out with. There prices are good and the quality looks to be there. Just a thought. They may have a ex riders special too. :cool:

Tjay
04-30-2003, 06:51 AM
Contrary to what some people have said here, I have nothing but good things to say about my american star racing arms.... The product is great quality, the heims are much stronger than a balljoint(even the car ones that some companys use) You have unlimited adjustment, and the price is unbeatable...I got mine off ebay, also got the heim tierods... The reason the ad someone posted says not for racing, is because those arms arent chromoly(though, still much stronger than stock arms)...If you want the stronger arms, then you need to get the chromoly arms(race)...As far as customer service goes...I dont know, never had to deal with them, got mine from quadpartsguy on ebay...and they were awesome to deal with....

k2-dawg
04-30-2003, 01:44 PM
HERRMANN Racing +2 A-Arms. www.herrmannracing.com talk to Brad $535 best a-arm on the market for the money.

bmw500hp
04-30-2003, 02:51 PM
K-dawg..

Your quads sounds real nice..do you have pics..and where in WV are you...

k2-dawg
05-02-2003, 03:06 AM
bmw500....

Do you ride at Pyramid Valley ever?

thormx7
05-02-2003, 04:25 AM
i would go with houser. i got them on my r and they are real good price and they are real nice a arms.

JHF219
05-02-2003, 04:37 AM
I decided to take a leap of faith and go with someone that not many have talked abotu ?! i got the Eyeball engineering a-arms and man they are nice !! 1" upper and lower arms and 16MM ball joints they were well worth the money i got them for 548 shipped to my door !! but once Arens releases thier long travel front i will be swapping to it i want to build a matched quad so i will be going to an arens rear front and steering stem to match the chassis !! but for the money im not complaining about what i got !! check them out www.eyeballeng.com