PDA

View Full Version : Sparks 416

Waynes400ex
04-27-2003, 08:41 AM
I want a sparks setup but cant afford it. I was wondering if you can get the heavy duty connecting rod like they sell from but from white brothers does ims make a hot rod for the 400ex? Also I was wondering if white brothers would have a heavy duty cam chain and the havey duty valve springs. Curtis Sparks kit doesnt say you have to hard face the rockers for his 416 national kit does this sound right? Also are they bigger valve springs that he offers our just stiffer? Ultimately what i would like to do is buy all the parts and send him the head to do the porting. you guys think this would work?

RideRed400StYlE
04-28-2003, 06:18 AM
there is a hot rod for a 400ex, but from what I understand it is not a whole lot stronger than stock. It looks just like a stock one. The sparks rod is a Carrillo rod, they run about $175 direct from carrillo unless you can prove you are a dealer. but they do not come with the bearings needed. If I were you I would contact GT Thunder. they offer a Rod that is supposed to be better than the carrillo rod for about $175 and like another $75 to install it and true it up for you. My crank is at GT Thunder as we speak getting this done. I forget what the price was because I bought so much stuff from him. I will post pictures when I get it back. also he has the rods in stock and the turn around time frm the day he gets it is only supposed to be a week. Good luck

JD400exrider
04-28-2003, 03:20 PM
I was looking at a year wait when I called sparks about porting.

oregonrider89
04-28-2003, 07:05 PM
You don't need a heavy duty rod or cam chain for a 416 kit. If sparks has a year waiting list give LRD a call, they do great porting and might have faster turn around time.

oregonrider89