04-27-2003, 09:59 AM
:o

Chef
04-27-2003, 10:16 AM
LMFAO!!! /\

Leo
04-27-2003, 10:41 AM
lol, good thread keep 'em coming...

we got a pair of "sports cars" (and I use the term LOOSELY) in at the shop the other day.. TURBO PT Cruisers.. Give me a freaking break..

kind of sad that the only thing Mopar makes with decent HP comes with a 6ft box..

that will change shortly though with the RWD Hemi Intrepids :D

Leo

AndrewRRR
04-27-2003, 10:46 AM
hehe...

AndrewRRR
04-27-2003, 10:46 AM
one more...

Rip_Tear
04-27-2003, 11:07 AM
LMAO! Dodge makes some nice cars though Leo :D I might get a SRT-4... depends on how much they are. I like trucks better though, I would rather be the vehicle on top then on the bottom. Keep those pics comming!

250rmike
04-27-2003, 11:38 AM
accually i like v8's too but im a rice boy myself. now around here me and my brother and his friends dont rice the crap out of cars accually we really dont care what they look like as long as there fast. right now my brother is in the process of putting his 12sec. del sol back together(on street tires) and he should be soon like building a lexus sc300. today at the track there was a civic hatchback running 10's consistantly between 10.1's and 10.3's

04-27-2003, 11:50 AM
I like my 4x4 Triton V8 5.4 liter F-150. Simple as that :macho

250rmike
04-27-2003, 11:57 AM
lol

CHAUNCY
04-27-2003, 12:40 PM
LOL
Those were some great pics. Now where the pic of the fat guy that says "this thread rocks".

04-27-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
LOL
Those were some great pics. Now where the pic of the fat guy that says "this thread rocks".

i thought i ahd that pic saved....i coulda swore i ahd that.....although all my pics did get deleted at one time a few months ago..it was prolly in that batch and i forgot it..o well...it will turn up sooner or later

QuadTrix6
04-27-2003, 01:00 PM
LMGDAO:chinese:

Glow Plug
04-27-2003, 01:28 PM
lmfao i don't want this thread to end (whipes tear from eye)

04-27-2003, 01:34 PM

Glow Plug
04-27-2003, 01:36 PM
lmfao, that's the best so far :D

04-27-2003, 01:37 PM
gdfhg

04-27-2003, 01:38 PM
hi

04-27-2003, 01:40 PM
hhjnmghjkfxhjhgxjkxghkhg

04-27-2003, 01:46 PM
yup

04-27-2003, 01:48 PM
:huh

AndrewRRR
04-27-2003, 02:24 PM
Here's for you "NOS" guys... :D

04-27-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
Here's for you "NOS" guys... :D

i have that same picuture in a different way

Stevie-D
04-27-2003, 02:36 PM
hmmm...lets see if i got any more pics...

Stevie-D
04-27-2003, 02:39 PM
hmm...the ghetto tank...a real collectors piece:huh

04-27-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
hmmm...lets see if i got any more pics...

i bet i got more :p

04-27-2003, 02:40 PM
rfdskfjhdsfh!

04-27-2003, 02:43 PM
blah

04-27-2003, 02:44 PM
running out of things to say....

04-27-2003, 02:50 PM
o

04-27-2003, 02:51 PM
last one for now

Stevie-D
04-27-2003, 03:05 PM
hmmm...

jcv400ex
04-28-2003, 12:41 AM

nacs400ex
04-28-2003, 02:14 AM
LOL Glad this thread was made, cause I HATE RICERS.
Pure American Muscle! 1957 Chevy Belair W/ a 327. My families car.

bobcatv8
04-28-2003, 02:23 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Using a 4 banger FWD for a hot rod when v-8 RWD is available is like wiping your butt before you poop! BACKWARDS!!!

Stevie-D
04-28-2003, 03:36 AM
who's gonna win here? hmmm....

RideRed04
04-28-2003, 11:07 AM
Funny thing about the srt-4 is that it gets worse gas milage then most trucks (14mpg). It is pretty quick to 60 but come on, the camero did the same thing (but still had balls at highway speeds) and got 26 mpg, what is wrong here?

born-to-race
04-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Even cats hate ricers!!!

AndrewRRR
04-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Where did you hear about that mileage? I've seen 25 city 32 highway.
My 4 banger turbo AWD eclipse is pushing around 400hp and it gets 20mpg with it's mileage robbing awd drivetrain.

born-to-race
04-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Another thing: what's wrong with bling bling on Muscle cars?

Brad
04-28-2003, 01:59 PM
i guess gm should make a quad..

04-28-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by born-to-race
Another thing: what's wrong with bling bling on Muscle cars?
he key word there is muscle.....it actualy has some power...true v8..if i saw a viper rolling down the road with 24' chrome wheels i wouldnt laugh..becuase i know it has balls...where as on most ircer cars they spend money on the rims when the y should either save up for a better car or mod the engine...i dont hate all ricers..there are some that actualy have my respect....if i see a ricer that can pull the 1/4 in under 12 seconds...ill give that respect...cuz that is pretty fast...and they know it.....but most kids put a body kit, rims, spoiler, and a coffee can exhasut...then they say and think there car is fast..thats when my hatred comes out..

ex.....i was in a car the pther day and i saw a kid in a civic....had a 4 point seat belt and had an exhasut on it...no spoiler not rims no body kit or graphics...he popped the clutch and tried to do a burn out and it didnt happen...then he had his fast bad *** lok on his face going down teh express way and his car was like red lining and we passed him in a yukon

HONDAofTROY100
04-28-2003, 04:05 PM
quit talkin crap about ricers... ok ill admit most of what u see are the kids that go on www.4apc.net and take their burger king wages and buy a spoiler and a exhaust.. (you know to equal out the speed and downforce:ermm: ) yah i will admit i like ricers but most of them are retarded and i can run faster then them.. but we are just tryin to be original.... no one makes fun of yoru quad for u doin that u want to it..... but i just like to point and laugh at slow arse ricers....

ok story time lol... i was in my truck.. (yes there is a hint of rice in it) and i dodge avenger w/ a apexi exhaust and a big nos sticker and wings west sticker (note: no wings west products were on the car) and he looked at me as if he wanted to race and i started to point and laugh at him and his g/f in the passanger seat just looks embarrassed and looks out the window and hes mouthin stufff to my while my arm is at full extension pointing towards his P.O.S. and he starts revvin and goes then the left turn light goes on and then puts it in reverse and backs up to me and rolls his window up.. and by the way it was an automatic..:ermm: .. i hate when people think automatic cars are fast.. yes some can be fast but i think its just as stupid as gettin a polaris and wantin to go fast.... i think shifting is one if the funnest parts...

well my two cents is in.. :cool:

04-28-2003, 04:12 PM
id rather have that car the blonde haired kid was drivin in fast and furious thaan that big ugly thing vin diesel was in:ermm:

NITRO1253
04-28-2003, 04:17 PM
is it just me r should the wing on those cars be on the hood not the trunk? if the wing provides downforce you need it on the front wheels not the back on rice boy crap cars. i hate those f'in things

04-28-2003, 04:19 PM
:ermm:

bobcatv8
04-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Well, I'm an old fart {45}. Back in the day if you had "go fast goodies" visible on your car, it was like an advertisment, or "challenge" if you will. Even though the car scene has changed a bunch since then, I still believe the basic premise of this should not change. Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk. Very,very,very few ricers can walk the walk when starting out in such a hole that a 4 cyl FWD puts you in. If you do have a fast ricer, I question your sanity for putting so much $$$ into such a project when a V-8 could have you there so much easier! I realize I am using pure logic here and that does not apply to some things these days {such as hot rods}. I appreciate hard work and good car crafting of any sort but some of these ricers make me think that upon stopping at a red light, 10-15 clowns complete with big feet, red noses, rainbow wigs and squirting lapel flowers should jump out and run around the intersection 'til the light turns green! Alas, the driver almost always is a Fred Durst or Eminem wannabe who is totally oblivious to the fact that there will be pictures and his future children WILL laugh at him too. :D Great thread and I love the pics you guys posted too!

04-28-2003, 04:29 PM
The reason they do it to 4 cyl cars is cuz if they bought a V8, they'd spend all the money on buying the car and not mods. They can buy a 4 cyl and mod it out to beat a V8 for the same amount of money. Make sense?

bobcatv8
04-28-2003, 04:51 PM
No, makes no sense. :D Been in the car parts biz and around racing/hot rodding long enough to know that 4 does NOT equal 8 unless cubic $$$ are thrown in the 4. Yes it CAN be done but very, very seldom is. If you can't afford the proper base vehicle to hot rod, at least acknowledge the fact that those who did use the right base vehicle to start with WILL always have a good laugh at your expense. Some more of that pure unadulterated logic there again. Guys, V-8s with Flowmaster sound great! Four cyls with fart can exhausts sound like leaf blowers! Spoilers are nearly useless 'till 100+ mph! Stickers belong on REAL race cars who get paid contingency $$ for displaying them! ;) No one really cares what speakers/amps you have or what brand of sunglasses you prefer. I guess the reason for the loud thumping noise ricers make is to keep from having to hear all the people laughing at your car as you drive by. That's why I point too!:eek2:

04-28-2003, 04:57 PM
Oh trust me, im a V8 guy:D

clasiter
04-28-2003, 05:26 PM
I'm with bobcatv8 for the money v8 is the way to go..You put 1800 in a chevy 350(slightly more for ford or mopar) and you can get way over 300hp throw that in a old pickup or car and go smoke the ricer's. I'm not saying that 4 bangers do not have their place i drive almost 100miles to work so i bought a civic that get 40 mpg, The money i save on gas alone makes the payment..i might add that i did drive a 3/4 ton chevy with 4:11's and a 350 that got about 12 mpg

But if it wasn't for the price of gas i'd be driving the chevy.....lol

AndrewRRR
04-29-2003, 05:04 AM
I think the reason most kids get 4 cyl economy cars (be them import or domestic), is because insurance is cheap. I wanted a Z28 when I was 16, my insurance guy just chuckled and said they wouldn't insure me on one.
I decided to get my Eclipse because it was a car with the potential to do very easy 11's at the strip, good at autocross and open track days, get 20+mpg, have AWD for the snow, haul 4 people, and cost me $50 a month for insurance.
The only problem was I ended up buying a car that was already pretty modified and DSM's like to become very unreliable when modded, especially when you have to go back through and correct the previous owner's half-***** jobs. Needless to say, I'm looking to sell it and get what I originally wanted, a LT1 camaro, or a 69 camaro (now that i'm 26 insurance is more reasonable). Either that or get another quad :D
I appreciate any car that has been done right and is fast (not just looks fast). Some are pretty cool, and some are just rediculous. But the import vs. domestic thing is like the ford vs. chevy thing, it's just stupid to argue about.

airheadedduner
04-29-2003, 05:19 AM
I appreciate any car that has been done right and is fast (not just looks fast). Some are pretty cool, and some are just rediculous. But the import vs. domestic thing is like the ford vs. chevy thing, it's just stupid to argue about.
Thats the most inteligent thing anyone has said yet.

I don't really care what name is on the car. Personally I have a huge thing against posers. When they start putting ground effects and huge exhaust tips on cars I want to beat them to death with a rusty crowbar. But if someone has a nicely done up import then I have absolutly nothing against it. Personally I would rather have a stock looking ricer to wail on the poser ricers with. But if I had the choice of one vehicle it would have to be the GMC syclone/typhon. I couldn't imagine the look on peoples faces when they get their *** handed to them by a truck:devil

AndrewRRR
04-29-2003, 05:26 AM
He!! yeah, Sy/Ty's rock. I took a couple for drives when we got them in (GMC dealer). They are definately impressive. It's just bad people don't know how to take care of turbo cars, so most of them either have replaced turbos, or need them replaced. GN's had the same problem.
Here's my GSX, tried to make it look as stock as possible, (with the exception of wheels, slight lowering, and a front mount intercooler :)) You get maximium aggrivation of out C5 owners when you beat them with a stock looking econo-box, hehe.

250rmike
04-29-2003, 05:46 AM
hey andrew thats what i have said all along i like it if its fast. if its fast its fast whether is v8 or 4 banger. i wouldnt care if i got passed on a moped if it was fast

redroost85
04-29-2003, 06:34 AM
All these 'fast and the furious' dudes make me laugh my *** off! I see them around town thinking they are the schiz and I laugh at them....man they hate that, lol! I go by in my big ole loud *** chevy pickup and let the exhaust backfire, heh, heh, heh!

Like my old man said: "Boy, there is no replacement for displacement!":devil

Keep trying all you 'eight mile, vin diesel' wannabees! You are hilarious:D

Bud88
04-29-2003, 07:48 AM
there is no replacement for displacement on ive never ever got chills from a rice burner and you never see a 4 banger set off car alarms also you never see 4 bangers towin big trailers do ya just some things to think about ricers:D

AndrewRRR
04-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Bud88
there is no replacement for displacement on ive never ever got chills from a rice burner and you never see a 4 banger set off car alarms also you never see 4 bangers towin big trailers do ya just some things to think about ricers:D

You've seen V8 musclecars towing trailers? :huh

04-29-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Bud88

i see 4 cylinders set off car alarms all the time...if the person has more money in the bumps in the trunk than he has in the car

DUNEZRUNNER
04-29-2003, 01:38 PM
I had a nissan sentra with an exhaust on it that would set alarms off, the system that was in it would also set alarms off. The car wasnt fast though but I went through that rice burner stage in life and now i know better and drive a ford truck

Thomas

250rmike
04-29-2003, 02:30 PM
umm all you need is alittle know how and with alittle bit of money and the right connections you can make a 4 banger fast. my brother has less than 8g in his car and he beats vipers vettes and other muscle cars all day long on the street.(he said the vettes tend to catch up quick after 150 but how often do you race till your that fast) anyway the spoilers on supra's rx7's and other imports is for downforce since they are rwd. some do it to look what they think is good i call it gay. but my point is with alittle know how you can easly make a ricer a 12 sec street car. not just rx7's where you can add just a bigger turbo and exhaust and be a 12 sec car but hondas can do it also.

Chef
04-29-2003, 02:47 PM
No replacement for displacement eh? How about high tech parts and low rotating mass? :confused:

K_Fulk
04-29-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by 400exracer
I like my 4x4 Triton V8 5.4 liter F-150. Simple as that :macho

Me too but i went with a 2wd.

RideRed04
04-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
...anyway the spoilers on supra's rx7's and other imports is for downforce since they are rwd. some do it to look what they think is good i call it gay. but my point is with alittle know how you can easly make a ricer a 12 sec street car. not just rx7's where you can add just a bigger turbo and exhaust and be a 12 sec car but hondas can do it also.

Yeah, but how many supra's and rx7's do you really see? The rice guys always point to those cars (funny how they point out the rwd..hmm) when you talk about rice. Ok, besides that point, why on god's green earth would you need a wing that big (and heavy) on a car that small, even if it goes that fast? The lithenfelter vette's dont have wings like that, they will spank the jesus out of any rice. Basically all the non-redneck guys on here that dont like rice dislike "rice" not imports. There is a guy I know that went out and got a brand new cavalier z24 (yeah, paid more for the bling rims) and proceded to throw on 18" chrome rims, a $300 fart can, and a $1000 body kit. He is still making payments on the car, and all you can hear when he drives by is that queer exaust and his trunk rattling from his subs. My 2.5L jeep will hand that car it's ***. All he has under the hood is 2.2L of stock 4 banger power.

AndrewRRR
04-29-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Chef
No replacement for displacement eh? How about high tech parts and low rotating mass? :confused:

Nice deuce. Is that a 66? Ours is a 66. Well... it's a tube frame drag car, but it looks like a 66. lol
475cu in BBC, ported heads, 1050 BG dominator, 800hp :)

killed300ex
04-30-2003, 12:05 AM
ok we4ll just for the record i was totaly against rice but then my brother went out and bought an acura legend with a v6 put exaust intake and rims sound system in it and a lot of other think in it prolly got about 5 grand into just the carr without the sterio system but when i got my lisence he let me take it out. I am no longer against ricers. This car isnt even all out and it will eat mustangs for breackfast. INcluding the car he hass a little over 10 grand in it. Thats really not all that much considering hes going out and beating people with lots more money in there muscle cars. So all im going to say is befor you bash them see if you can drive one because they can be really fast if done right. So give it a chance befor you bash
killed

K_Fulk
04-30-2003, 09:27 AM
I can beat stangs too :blah

clasiter
04-30-2003, 10:09 AM
Is that a 4 banger mustang....................j/k

4TraxRider
04-30-2003, 10:44 AM
I have no problem with imports, but I hate ricers, if you understand. I'm in highschool, and am lucky enough to see 20 late 80's CRX's and civics leave everyday. I've got a 97' S-10 with the 4.3 vortec, all I have is a cam to give it more torque for towing, a different chip in it because the last one burned up and I have open pipes that I made. Now, if its burnouts the ricers want, I can guarantee I can go longer than them. All you hear is chirp chirp, until me and my friends get pissed. We all have "slow" pickups with no graphics. We can lay it down until we feel its necessary to stop making fun of them. And just last week, one of them wanted to know why I have a loud pipe on my truck, and wanted to race to make fun of me. He had all his chicks watchin, and as it turned out, his muffler, rims, wing and stickers let him down, along with his old blue fireextinguisher he painted blue and put a NOS sticker on(thats totally serious.) My s-10 was at the end of the 1/2 mile straight before he got 3/4 of the way there. I got turned around before he got to me. I'm not bashing imports, just ricers.

DREWS400EX
04-30-2003, 11:01 AM
A guy and his girl was sitting next to me at a stoplight in a 4 door honda with a big wing and slicks stickin out the FRONT:huh . I blew him away:o

Guy400
04-30-2003, 11:17 AM
K-Fulk, tell the truth. You guys were bracket racing and his dial-in is about .7 faster than you. That's why you've got such a holeshot.

lmao:D

AlaskaSpeed
04-30-2003, 12:26 PM
My friend's 57 Belair...........:cool:

AlaskaSpeed
04-30-2003, 12:29 PM
675 horsepower never looked so good.....:D

AndrewRRR
04-30-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by DREWS400EX
A guy and his girl was sitting next to me at a stoplight in a 4 door honda with a big wing and slicks stickin out the FRONT:huh . I blew him away:o

In a WS6? I should hope so!!! lol. Yeah hondas are front wheel drive hence the slicks on the front :p
Riceboys do suck. Fast cars are cool, whether they are an import or domestic, but I can't figure out how some of these all show no go cars can possibly look good to their owners.
P.S.- I've seen PLENTY of riced out domestics too! I'll see if I can dig up the picture of the mexi-C5 vette.

AlaskaSpeed
04-30-2003, 12:30 PM
:)

K_Fulk
04-30-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
K-Fulk, tell the truth. You guys were bracket racing and his dial-in is about .7 faster than you. That's why you've got such a holeshot.

lmao:D

No it was a test and tune night at 42. I havent bracket raced in about 5 years. He did catch up but he only got me by a couple tenths. The best it has ran is 15.6 . Most stock or ragged out mustangs run between 15-16 sec's (especially the convertibles).

Guy400
04-30-2003, 01:12 PM
Is Dragway 42 any good? I've always run at Quaker City Raceway in Salem or make the long drive to Norwalk Raceway Park.

K_Fulk
04-30-2003, 01:25 PM
Its not near as nice as norwalk but its kinda close, and they let me run the quad too:D test and tune nights are only 5 bucks and you get to run as much as you can.
I have heard some roumors they might be building a new dragstip at Mansfield motorsports speedway, they just put a whole bunch of money in that place, looks way diffrent then it did back in the dirt track days.

04-30-2003, 01:39 PM
while ridin my dirtbike out in the country there was some old ****ty civic with what looked like a bunch of punk kids. anyways they pulled up along side of me and they kept flooring it then letting off, then flooring it. One of the kids flipped me off and i would say we are going about 30 ish. I game them the bird back shifted up a gear and remember i was on gravel with a new back tire, i pinned the throttle and just totally roosted the car with rocks.

bobcatv8
04-30-2003, 01:47 PM
Whoever said that it's the rice boy "posers" that make us old guys laugh got it dead right. I respect fast and well built cars of ANY kind. I laugh just as much at a spoilered, scooped, jacked up, sticker laden V-8 American car that is slow and jerky looking as I do any "ricer" poser. A poser is a poser regardless of his choice of rides. However, the world now seems to have many,many more "rice boys" out and about. At least the V-8 posers have more potential once they get a clue. 15-16 seconds is not a fast 1/4 mile e.t. for a modded hot rod. My bone stock '88 LX 5.0 did 14.8 with 5000 miles on it back in 1988. To be honest,we had a lot of jerky looking car mods done to some of our rides "back in the day" when I was in my late teens. I managed to steer clear of them though as early on I saw the silliness of them due to hooking up with racer types that actually raced. It seems that kids today have much more disposable income and choose to blow it on some really dumb looking stuff! :D To all you young guys who have managed to make a truly fast small displacement car of any make, my hat is off to you. But just think how fast you could have been with a V-8, or how much less you would have spent to go that fast with a V-8! You coulda had enough $$ left over for a new 400EX! :) Too all the ricer boys with the big wings and other dworky looking mods, keep it up!! I need the laughter in my life!:eek2:

born-to-race
04-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by HONDAofTROY100
.. i hate when people think automatic cars are fast.. yes some can be fast but i think its just as stupid as gettin a polaris and wantin to go fast.... i think shifting is one if the funnest parts...

well my two cents is in.. :cool:

Some people are faster in automatics rather than standards. Some pros use autos too. I'm not saying I like autos, shifting would be funner.

This has a auto (it's my step-dads)

HONDAofTROY100
04-30-2003, 03:19 PM
yah im not sayin automatics are bad ... i just like to shift and stuff.. yah auto's can be faster but i dont care i like to have some fun drivin.. plus at my skool yoru a god if u have a stick.. lol dont ask..:huh

RideRed04
04-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by HONDAofTROY100
yah im not sayin automatics are bad ... i just like to shift and stuff.. yah auto's can be faster but i dont care i like to have some fun drivin.. plus at my skool yoru a god if u have a stick.. lol dont ask..:huh

A nice cammed v-8 with a lope in the idle and a stick is a lady killer (you older guys know what I'm talking about):devious:

skemp
04-30-2003, 04:19 PM

Well, actually, I have. :D One of the funniest things I have ever seen was a '96 Trans Am pulling a Caravan on a car trailer.

Oh yeah, I hate ricers..... And this guy... ;)

K_Fulk
04-30-2003, 04:22 PM
Wow one for each cylinder :huh ( Hopefully )

HoNdAdude48
05-01-2003, 01:07 AM
those ricers cant touch this, http://www.wiresandpliers.com/vet.html
our 65 vette, almost done with a 101mm turbo, should run 7.30's in the 1/4, @ 200mph & 4.50's in the 1/8. tha car is all street legal, as you se the headlights turn over, turn on and off, turn signals work, brake lights tail lights, horn, & it runs on 10.5 inch tires!:eek2:

like to see those lil 4bangers hang with this!
:rolleyes:

AndrewRRR
05-01-2003, 01:30 PM
Some people are faster in automatics rather than standards. Some pros use autos too. I'm not saying I like autos, shifting would be funner.

This has a auto (it's my step-dads)

Depends on what you use the car for. For drag racing an auto can make you faster (a lot more consistent shifts). For road racing, autocross or rally, you gotta have a stick (heel-toe downshifting). I generally like stick in cars and autos in trucks (unless it's a mudder or rockcrawler).

bongwater200
05-01-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by DREWS400EX

MMMMMMMMM....... raaaam aiiiiiir....................(Homer Simpson)

05-01-2003, 02:23 PM
:cool:

skemp
05-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Alright, that^ is just about too damn funny! :D

K_Fulk
05-02-2003, 12:45 AM
Depends on what you use the car for. For drag racing an auto can make you faster (a lot more consistent shifts). For road racing, autocross or rally, you gotta have a stick (heel-toe downshifting). I generally like stick in cars and autos in trucks (unless it's a mudder or rockcrawler).

I wouldnt say the auto makes you faster for drag racing. But it does make it way more consistant like you said, and when your bracket racing its better to be consistant than fast.

There was this older guy that went to the same track i went to quite a bit with a rusty old 77 chevy truck. It looked like junk but it ran the same time all day long.

HoNdAdude48
05-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
I wouldnt say the auto makes you faster for drag racing. But it does make it way more consistant like you said, and when your bracket racing its better to be consistant than fast.

There was this older guy that went to the same track i went to quite a bit with a rusty old 77 chevy truck. It looked like junk but it ran the same time all day long.

dude, bracket racin's kinda boring, you can have a 77' amc gremlin and win against a quick 8 dragster if you are consistant. its headsup all the way. theres nothin better than a good heads up race

Stevie-D
05-02-2003, 04:03 PM
OMG..ive been waitin to post this all freakin day! anyway..im sittin in a parkin lot at a grocery store, and i hear some really dumb boom boom music..so i turn around, and theres this totally stock toyota tacoma (smallarse truck)with these 5 spoke dull rims on about a half inch of sidewall. cut springs, etc. the kid in it looked like he came right out of the fast and the furious or sumthing.good god, that was sooo funny to see!

K_Fulk
05-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by HoNdAdude48
dude, bracket racin's kinda boring, you can have a 77' amc gremlin and win against a quick 8 dragster if you are consistant. its headsup all the way. theres nothin better than a good heads up race

Yeah but who has the money to build a quick 8 drag car. I spend to much money on my quad.:)

AndrewRRR
05-02-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk

It's possible to be faster with a manual, they rob less power, but no drag racers use them, unless you are running a Lenco or Liberty and very confident in your consistency. I'll take a gear slammer over an auto any day!

Guy400
05-02-2003, 11:38 PM
It's possible to be faster with a manual, they rob less power, but no drag racers use them, unless you are running a Lenco or Liberty and very confident in your consistency. I'll take a gear slammer over an auto any day! Not me, I'm an auto man (for drag racing anyway). For anything under 500hp give me a good TH-350 tranny, my home-grown manual valve body modification, a good clutch pack, about a 4000-stall converter and a transbrake. I'll race all day long with never a missed shift and an auto that shifts like somebody's hitting it with a sledge hammer:macho

born-to-race
05-03-2003, 02:55 AM
If you race with an auto your going to be shifting, but without a clutch. (example: TH350 has 3 gears, TH400 has 4) And theres those odd lookin 5 speed clutchless standards.

Guy400
05-03-2003, 03:23 AM
If you race with an auto your going to be shifting, but without a clutch. (example: TH350 has 3 gears, TH400 has 4) And theres those odd lookin 5 speed clutchless standards. The TH400 is a 3 speed as well. GM didn't go to the overdrives until the 700R-4 and 200R-4 tranny's.

born-to-race
05-03-2003, 04:05 AM
Ya I knew that, just seeing if any1 would notice..... right, lol

AndrewRRR
05-03-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Not me, I'm an auto man (for drag racing anyway). For anything under 500hp give me a good TH-350 tranny, my home-grown manual valve body modification, a good clutch pack, about a 4000-stall converter and a transbrake. I'll race all day long with never a missed shift and an auto that shifts like somebody's hitting it with a sledge hammer:macho

I agree, for drag racing you gotta have an auto to be consistent. In our 66 chevy II drag car we have a powerglide with an electric soleniod shifter (shifts way faster than a hand ever could). We used to have an air shifter but kept running into problems with it. I had a pickup with a TH350 and that thing was bulletproof (accidentally got kicked into reverse at 40mph and held up fine!). My Yukon has the P.O.S. 700R4, but it is nice to have overdrive.

bongwater200
05-03-2003, 03:59 PM
I had a pickup with a TH350 and that thing was bulletproof (accidentally got kicked into reverse at 40mph and held up fine!).

HA HA HA! I had a 1976 Cutlass with a 350/TH350. I used to put it in neutral, rev the piss out of it, and slam it into reverse at 75-80mph with four other guys in the car! That SOB would lay dual rubber stripes for about 1/4 of a mile before it would stop and start moving backwards! The whole while, everyone in the car would be ****ting their pants! That car NEVER broke! Then I put the same engine in my 1979 Cutlass........... it ate a driveshaft or two, and NINE rear ends! The TH350 trannys are pretty much bulletproof in "stock" vehicles, and you can build them up to take around 550hp with not too much of a problem. Even the TH400's have a tough time beating a TH350. I nuked a TH400 doing the 75mph reverse-drop trick. Welded all of the FWD clutches together! Another good tranny is the TH375. They're pretty rare, but they're like a lighter version of the TH400. They have the same output shaft as a TH350, so they'll bolt right in place of a TH350 without changing the driveshaft yoke.

Glow Plug
05-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by bobby88
while ridin my dirtbike out in the country there was some old ****ty civic with what looked like a bunch of punk kids. anyways they pulled up along side of me and they kept flooring it then letting off, then flooring it. One of the kids flipped me off and i would say we are going about 30 ish. I game them the bird back shifted up a gear and remember i was on gravel with a new back tire, i pinned the throttle and just totally roosted the car with rocks.

lmao that would be halious to see

Brad
05-03-2003, 05:45 PM

that must have been the ultimate feeling...:D

CHAUNCY
05-03-2003, 06:00 PM

That would have been so neat to see:eek:

GETSOME
05-04-2003, 06:59 AM
I don't know how it is elseware but at Oregon State University, every guy and his dog that owns a honda thinks they need flowmaster exhaust with six inch tips and "racing type" stickers plaster all over the place with a dash mounted tachometer as icing on the cake! I guess now they can be slow, loud, and monitor that 130hp growling beast!

AndrewRRR
05-05-2003, 07:14 AM
Yeah, at least twice a day I just bust up laughing in Corvallis. It's irritating when you hear some riced out civic taking off from the light near my apartment at 1am with a 105db fart can revving the crap out of it when I'm trying to sleep.

QuadTrix6
05-05-2003, 07:52 AM
i drive a truck for a living and i was driving ans spotted one of those lame dual exhaust tips that the ricer guys put on there exhaust pipes to look cool on the side of the road so i picked it up cause i new i could do something funny with it for the site ;) , with some cutting i rigged it to my explorer cause i was bored. after putting it on i couldn't imagine why anyone would actually buy one of these things there so lame. i didn't put it on too tight and then went off roading, :devil came home and it wasn't on anymore ;)

QuadTrix6
05-05-2003, 07:53 AM
:blah

QuadTrix6
05-05-2003, 07:53 AM
ahah

RideRed04
05-05-2003, 09:30 AM
Should have put it for sale on a rice site, you could have gotten $300 for it!

nacs400ex
05-05-2003, 09:40 AM
I dont know its chrome color, so probably $500, you know how fast those tips sell!

TC17
05-05-2003, 10:15 AM
Honda Civic=real rice
Suzuki Swift(3 cylinder)=real race
:huh

blondie69
05-05-2003, 10:31 AM
my brother has dual exaust on his truck......he aint no ricer:huh he has like a 2.5 inch pipe on each side of his truck

RoadkillerRyan
05-05-2003, 10:39 AM
hah nice Trix,
is the a hole in your side window? and on the rear lights? hah does that increase horsepower?

osrider
05-05-2003, 12:51 PM
well..i think i'll stick with the v-8's. This is our camaro we sold a couple of years ago. it was pretty beastly. It had a 400 and some engine work. We had about 430 hp in it all together. It had black leather interior. It was pretty nice. We never met a ricer especially or many other cars that could touch it.

AndrewRRR
05-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by RoadkillerRyan
hah nice Trix,
is the a hole in your side window? and on the rear lights? hah does that increase horsepower?

lol, of course man, those are SPEED HOLES!!! I think the one on the window is his reflection and the camera flash though...

Bean
05-05-2003, 05:15 PM
there are dual clyinder 4wheelers and streetbikes with more HP and torque than ricers...

CHAUNCY
05-05-2003, 05:18 PM
Those arent speed holes those are to save weight to get better run times....... everyone knows that:huh J/K

CHAUNCY
05-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Bean
there are dual clyinder 4wheelers and streetbikes with more HP and torque than ricers...

Aint it sad. Isnt stock HP on a civic like 88 horsepower or something:ermm:

AndrewRRR
05-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
Those arent speed holes those are to save weight to get better run times....... everyone knows that:huh J/K

Thats what speed holes are mayne! lol

CHAUNCY
05-05-2003, 05:23 PM
Thats what speed holes are mayne! lol

LOL
I feel retarded. Good thing I have the ability to laugh at myself :ermm:

QuadTrix6
05-06-2003, 06:05 AM
hah nice Trix,

thw window is a reflection but my tail ight broke when some kid on my block rode his bicycle into my car :rolleyes: , damn kids, good thing im a nice guy and didn't make him pay for it :o

AndrewRRR
05-06-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
thw window is a reflection but my tail ight broke when some kid on my block rode his bicycle into my car :rolleyes: , damn kids, good thing im a nice guy and didn't make him pay for it :o

did you break the reflectors on his bike as payback? :devil
lol jk

Rebel300
05-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Even though I myself have a TOYOTA landcrusier, I dont consider it a rice burner because its a 1970, and its mainly a woods truck. We make fun of kids soo much that have riceburners in are town. Especialy this one kid.

He has a Ford Escort and he turned it into a riceburner. He has a $50 universal exhaust, a universal wing (keep in mind it is a front wheel drive car soo a wing will actually give u less traction), glue-on hoodpins, and other miscilaeneous stuff that is gay. The wing is pointless on a front wheel drive car because it lifts up the front wheels which will give it less traction.

This kid is soo retarded he didnt know how to take off his "air box" i guess u would call it. My friend and I did it, all we did was rip it off, and we found a bag of COMBOS in it. lol. He kept it with the airbox off and the PCV vent isnt working now because there is no suction. Eventually he will start to burn oil and his head will start leaking out oil. lol. This kid is a complete dumbass we knew it wasnt gunna work but O-Well he'll find out.

phatswinn
05-06-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by bobcatv8
Whoever said that it's the rice boy "posers" that make us old guys laugh got it dead right. I respect fast and well built cars of ANY kind.

what he said, if ya can make a 4 banger screw its all good, but there is one thing... the all stock ricers with a pipe are just GAY

btw thats all i read so thats what i put on there

crday98
05-07-2003, 03:30 AM
lol,this is the funniest thread i have ever seen on this site:D
no doubt,there are some really nice imports out there and i think most people get confused between rice and imports.there are plenty of riced out domestic cars as well.it seems anyone with an import gets offended when they hear the word rice but it all comes down to morons with low HP cars that add a fart can,huge-*** wing,20" wheels,a racing seat?,and 300 stickers and they think they are driving around in the fastest SOB on the planet no matter if it is import or domestic :rolleyes: .there is a local idiot driving around in a Chrysler LeBaron that has bling bling wheels,a fart can,a wing that is seriously higher than the roof and a big *** sticker that says SUPER SPORT across the taillights:huh.how in anyones own twisted world,could they think this is cool,looks good,or not be ashamed to be seen driving this car by the general public?oh well,he is one out of a few hundred in the area that i and many others laugh at when i see them:D what really cracks me up are the ones that pull up next to me at a light and give me a fart rev.it is usually some pimple face punk kid thinking he is going to impress his girlfriend until he gets hit with a taste of american muscle reality when the light turns green.i would love to know what goes through their mind at the next light when he and his girlfriend refuse to make eye contact:devil there are a few that do and then i am forced to just point and laugh at them:p
oh well,i think i will stick to my american muscle;)

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/211000-211999/211946_21_full.jpg

QuadTrix6
05-07-2003, 03:38 AM
nice car, but im a mustang guy ;) :devil :blah

QuadTrix6
05-07-2003, 03:39 AM
did you break the reflectors on his bike as payback? :devil
lol jk

no i stabbed him with his kickstand :blah :blah ;)

redroost85
05-07-2003, 05:27 AM
I've got to say that I have already posted in this thread, but this has got to be one of the best threads ever! I thought all the Vin Diesel wannabes lived in my town....apparently this silly thinking is everywhere!

Rebel300, there are a ton of guys just like the one you described in my town. I 'bout peed myself when I read your post! Do these guys know how effing dumb they look? :eek2:

I love this thread....hilarious....effing hilarious! Keep it coming!:D

UglyMotha™
05-07-2003, 05:40 AM
no i stabbed him with his kickstand :blah :blah ;)

an eye for an eye baby! :eek:

Rebel300
05-07-2003, 11:12 AM
I have to agree this is the BEST THREAD EVER. Nice trans am, although i like mustnags more, Trans Am's are sick as hell. I was looking at a 67 firebird that had a 400 and an auto trans. I am now loking for a '65-'66 Mustang fastback so I can pull up to all these f'n wigger punks who drive these dumb *** riceburners and i can blow them all away. These guys wouldnt know what to do if they had over 300 HP, if they saw some real muscle they would **** themselfs.

And most of the kids that have rices have a system that costs more than the car, put on an exhaust and a cold air intake and think the are from "fast and the furious". The best car in that movie is the charger. and that supra had to hit NOS just to keep up. Y do these kids even bother making thier crap cars even dumber??? I guess they want the attention of everyone laughing inb thiier faces.

RoadkillerRyan
05-07-2003, 11:26 AM

hah now i see it, but it did look like some kid throw a baseball right threw the window

QuadTrix6
05-07-2003, 11:27 AM
hah now i see it, but it did look like some kid throw a baseball right threw the window

its actually my brother head if you look close :D

osrider
05-07-2003, 11:37 AM
ok heres the pic, never found an import that could touch it, well we couldnt find many cars that could touch it lol. disregard the 327 on the front end, it had a built 400 pushing 430 hp..lots of fun.

AndrewRRR
05-07-2003, 02:06 PM
You guys actually bother racing the riced out hon-duh crowd? Don't waste your gas! lol
There are some fast ones, but most are all stickers and fiberglass.

osrider
05-07-2003, 02:12 PM
well not really race..more of them revving there engine and then seeing our rear end disappear down the road lol. We sold it but I'm hoping we get another one soon. *note this was my dads, thats whyI say we, I'm only 15. I'm tring to get him to get another because of all the kids with hondas nd stuff at my school lol.

AndrewRRR
05-07-2003, 02:34 PM
I have a rice story thats kinda funny. One day a few months ago, my dad was comming home from work. He drives a bone stock 03 GMC Yukon XL (suburban) with the 8.1L gas engine (on nice days he drive a 02 camaro SS 1LE). Anyway, leaving Sherwood, a slammed CRX gets in the right hand lane, which ends after about 100 yards. He is determined to pull ahead of my dad and into his lane before his lane ends. He revvs his 1.6 liters of raw power, the grapefruit shooter on his car bellowing out a bumble bee note vibrating all his "sticker power" on his body panels. The light turns green and he floors it, revving the piss out of it and shifting at redline, as my dad just rolls on the gas of the Yukon (btw, the 8.1L's computer only gives 60% power in first gear since it doesn't have the Allison transmission and thus won't take full power). The CRX driver has determination in his eyes, really pouring on the beans. As the end of his lane approaches, he sadly, must let off the gas and tuck in behind the 6000lb 3/4 ton, and go home...without his dignity.
Hehehe, I bet he told his friends he raced "some twin turbo supercharged truck with NAWZZ yo!". :rolleyes:

Lil90man!!
06-04-2003, 02:44 PM
lol i agree some people are dumb with there "ricers" but i also see some pretty good idiots with "american muscle" too. some of u people i have to laugh at comparing a 4 cylinder compact to a big 8 cylinder muscle car, with like 2 or sometimes even 3 times the displacment:eek2: that's like compaing a 90 to a 400, there is no comparison, give the "ricers" a 8 cylinder high reving motor similar to these 160 hp "ricers" motor, it wouldn't even be funny with an "american muscle" car don't believe me? look at nascar vs an indy car......who do u think would win that one?? and another thing if u do some math with that sheet u did with the 2 cars if u have a 160 hp civic divide that into 4 cylinders you get 40 hp a cylinder, do it with the 320hp v8...o 40 hp a cylinder so give the civic the same amout of cylinders and there even, i think that people that say o i have a big v-8 that'll kill all imports, well they probably will, but more power to em, how often do u getta use it, i have a honda civic, and i garentee your big car that would kill mine, costs AT LEAST 3 times as much to run and mantain , but i do agree that some people with there totally stock cars, and some of there stupid car are pretty dumb but mabye they like it? :D cuz i like my ricer, and i like honda:)

UglyMotha™
06-05-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Lil90man!!
some of u people i have to laugh at comparing a 4 cylinder compact to a big 8 cylinder muscle car, with like 2 or sometimes even 3 times the displacment:eek2: that's like compaing a 90 to a 400, there is no comparison, give the "ricers" a 8 cylinder high reving motor similar to these 160 hp "ricers" motor, it wouldn't even be funny with an "american muscle" car don't believe me? look at nascar vs an indy car......who do u think would win that one??

i don't think the indy car vs the nascar is a good comparison just look at the technology that is the indy car motor, and then you take the nascar= no technology, just a good old fashioned carburated motor, even still i think you just picked somthing that you knew the indy car would beat, plus look at the hp to weight ratio do you know how much a stock car weighs compared to an indy car

why didn't you put the indy car up against john forces funny car ? ;)

Taco
06-05-2003, 01:46 AM
Ugly you just hit a nerve:mad: Nascar is far from not being technological. These motors could probably push twice as much horsepower as they do now, its just that Nascar officials wont allow it and keep the motors detuned. They can't deviate from certain specs.

UglyMotha™
06-05-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Taco
Ugly you just hit a nerve:mad: Nascar is far from not being technological. These motors could probably push twice as much horsepower as they do now, its just that Nascar officials wont allow it and keep the motors detuned. They can't deviate from certain specs.

there called restrictor plates, don't get mad i'm not bashing nascar, cause i'm a fan i go to charlott and bristol i live sleep eat and drink nascar, i was just making a point

#8 :D

Taco
06-05-2003, 01:57 AM
restrictor plates are only run at Super Speedways such as Talladega.

UglyMotha™
06-05-2003, 02:03 AM
ya i know, i thought that's what you were refering too:confused:

Taco
06-05-2003, 02:05 AM
nope just the motor in general. they are ressrticted to a certain carb. valve size porting specs blah blah blah. pretty much they are all made to run the same.

Guy400
06-05-2003, 02:52 AM
Indy cars vs. NASCAR is extremely unfair. Indy cars are obviously much better aerodynamically and they use turboed V8's.

And yes, NASCAR engines are held way back. I think 358ci is the maximum displacement, carb barrels can only be a certain size, they must use 112 octane pump gas provided at the track and other limiting factors. NASCAR also scaled back the compression ratio they can run.

AndrewRRR
06-05-2003, 08:42 AM
How about the old Can-Am cars? Big thumper V8's and aerodynamics to boot. Those things ran on road courses and were generating so much downforce they started sucking manhole covers out of the ground and flinging them in the air. Of course then the next evolution was the GTP cars in which the little red/white/blue turbo Nissan (I think steve millen drove it) whooped *** on everybody.
Any car can be fast given enough R&D and money. I think the original point of this thread was the all-show no-go riced out hon-duh boy cars.

bigbadbrad
06-05-2003, 09:09 AM
leo, i was wondering if you could get me some info on the 2001 special edtion dodge motorsports veichels, since you work at a dodge dealer and all. specificaly the dakota because i just bught a used one. and i also have a couple of ?s about the warenty since it is a 2001. well thanks leo if you can
and if you cant, dont worry about it.

250rampage
06-05-2003, 10:47 AM
I've got a little perspective from the import side, alough it's not quite the "ricer" catagory that is at hand. I have an 89 Chrysler Conquest (Imported, 100% mitsubishi) that is my daily driver, but it's also pretty quick. I can run consistant low-14's in the quarter all day long. Factory HP is around 200, and Torque is over 234ft/lbs. Where it really shines is handling though. It'll take turns like it's on rails. It's rear wheel drive, comes from the factory with 9 inch wide rear wheels, and 8 in wide fronts, 8-way adjustible shock, 2.6 liter Turbocharged 4cyl (bore and stroke per cylinder is comparable in size to most big-block v8's). It sounds NOTHING like the 4cyl engines you usually hear....it's very deep, with no hint of the "bumblebee" sound. It's also got a level of refinement FAR beyond the US sports cars we have/had (2 camaro's, 69 Coronet R/T, 73 Challenger, and a Mustang). The interior has Fully adjustible recaro seats, leather, climate control, and all the goodies.

250rmike
06-06-2003, 11:14 AM
accually if you take a look at the honda motors they have basically the same block as the old indy car motors

AndrewRRR
06-06-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by 250rampage
I've got a little perspective from the import side, alough it's not quite the "ricer" catagory that is at hand. I have an 89 Chrysler Conquest (Imported, 100% mitsubishi) that is my daily driver, but it's also pretty quick. I can run consistant low-14's in the quarter all day long. Factory HP is around 200, and Torque is over 234ft/lbs. Where it really shines is handling though. It'll take turns like it's on rails. It's rear wheel drive, comes from the factory with 9 inch wide rear wheels, and 8 in wide fronts, 8-way adjustible shock, 2.6 liter Turbocharged 4cyl (bore and stroke per cylinder is comparable in size to most big-block v8's). It sounds NOTHING like the 4cyl engines you usually hear....it's very deep, with no hint of the "bumblebee" sound. It's also got a level of refinement FAR beyond the US sports cars we have/had (2 camaro's, 69 Coronet R/T, 73 Challenger, and a Mustang). The interior has Fully adjustible recaro seats, leather, climate control, and all the goodies.

Hey the Conquest/Starion was the forefather of the DSM cars. Sometimes the DSM guys will use Starion front mount intercoolers. Those cars were some of the original bad *** pocket rockets. Most people that bash mitsubishi get really quiet once they see a Starion/Conquest pull the front wheels off the ground and run 10's :devil:
The domestic vs import debate is like the chevy vs ford debate. It'll never end, both can be fast. Let's agree to disagree and be done with it. lol. This is an old post anyway.

250rampage
06-06-2003, 05:17 PM
Hey the Conquest/Starion was the forefather of the DSM cars. Sometimes the DSM guys will use Starion front mount intercoolers. Those cars were some of the original bad *** pocket rockets. Most people that bash mitsubishi get really quiet once they see a Starion/Conquest pull the front wheels off the ground and run 10's

Yea, alot of technology from the star/quest serier was carried over to the DSM's, but the lineage was actually continued to the 3000gt. They are much more similar cars, and originally the 3000gt was supposed to be the successor to the starion. It was orignally named the "Starion GTO", but they ran into legal problems with the "GTO" part, so they changed it to 3000gt (3000 cubic centimeter grand-touring). If you compare the two side by side they are very alike, in both body-lines and design. But the starion's are far from perfect, the stock fuel system is only good for about 325hp, anything over that is kinda pushing it. But once you fix the fuel issues via extra injectors, or MPI with aftermarket stand-alone, the sky is the limit.

P.S. I'd LOVE to get an AWD Turbo DSM. In fact, I'm either buying one, or a nice 250r....I think the quad will be the more likely one i'll buy though.

AndrewRRR
06-07-2003, 07:07 AM

P.S. I'd LOVE to get an AWD Turbo DSM. In fact, I'm either buying one, or a nice 250r....I think the quad will be the more likely one i'll buy though.

Well if you decide on the DSM, PM me. I've got a 91 gsx thats pushing around 400hp (t3/t4, fmic, etc etc) for sale.

HONDAofTROY100
06-08-2003, 04:56 PM
why do u guys gotta make fun of people tryin to do somthin they like.. no one makes fun of a 250x w/ and exhaust and tires?! so why do u make fun of compacts?!:huh

K_Fulk
06-08-2003, 04:59 PM
Beacuse its like polishing a turd.

250rampage
06-08-2003, 05:18 PM
I think most people's problems with the "sport compact" scene isn't the cars in general, but the attitude of the drivers. Many of them think that their car is much faster then it is, then get upset when they find out it isn't (ala the "Ricer Flyby"). Personally, whatever a person wants to do to their car is fine with me, but when they start putting down everybody else's cars, that's not cool in my opinion. Don't let it get to 'ya though, the same thing that goes on between the "Imports and Domestics" now has gone on between Ford, Chevy, and Mopar for YEARS. Just get talking to anybody who was around in the late 60's, and they'll tell you they got the same reactions for hopping up an A-body mopar that people today get for putting performance parts on a honda.

LEE314EX
06-08-2003, 05:30 PM
I dont think alot of you rippin on rice have alot of room to talk, you talk about high horsepower when you ride a 400ex which is the slowest and has the least power or any "highperformance" atv my guess is that you have some stickers on your atv too. you talk about not likeing rice when that is what your ride on the weekends.

K_Fulk
06-08-2003, 05:38 PM
( no one makes fun of a 250x w/ and exhaust and tires?! so why do u make fun of compacts?!)

How many 250x's do you see at races? The drag strips are full of rice cars tryin to break into the 16's

(Just get talking to anybody who was around in the late 60's, and they'll tell you they got the same reactions for hopping up an A-body mopar that people today get for putting performance parts on a honda. )

At least the dodge motors started with some horsepower when they were new.

(I dont think alot of you rippin on rice have alot of room to talk, you talk about high horsepower when you ride a 400ex which is the slowest and has the least power or any "highperformance" atv my guess is that you have some stickers on your atv too. you talk about not likeing rice when that is what your ride on the weekends.)
And what do you ride? If i could make my quads any faster than it already is i would have already done it. If there was nything faster out when i bought my first one i probbly would have gotten it but it was all i had to pick friom in 2000.

LEE314EX
06-08-2003, 05:42 PM
i ride a 300ex and drive a civic and im proud of both, diffrent strokes for differnt folks and there is no need to rip on what others like

denile
06-09-2003, 01:20 PM
turbo'd 4cyl cars are like 2 stokes
V8,v10 are like 4 strokes
The 2 stroke has half the displacement and still put out the same or more horse power as the 4 stroke same said for turbo'd I4 to v8
2 stokes also have ridiculous top end as to bottom end same as turbo'd I4
4strokes have all kinds of bottom end as do V8s
2 strokes will smoke 4 strokes all day.......hmmmmm!
I also hate ricers too,my eclipse looks totally stock except for the exhaust and has close to 400hp.Can your V8 do less than 1.678sec 60' time on non slick street tires,my car does on all season street tires.

Guy400
06-09-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by denile
Can your V8 do less than 1.678sec 60' time on street tires,I think not. Yes, I cut 1.5X 60' times on my 327 all day long on DOT approved tires.

denile
06-09-2003, 01:40 PM
w/o cheater slicks....no way

Guy400
06-09-2003, 01:46 PM
I said on DOT approved tires, not necessarily on Goodyear Integrity's. That was using a BFGoodrich drag radial. It's a non-slick street tire.

What does your Eclipse pull with the front diff. pulled:huh

I'm a former owner of a '92 TSi. Exhaust, filter, straight pipe, 16psi (spike at 18psi) on stock 14b turbo. Ran 13.36@106mph on Kelley-Springfield's. I know what they're capable of. You asked a question and then I answered but then you changed your question.

denile
06-09-2003, 02:03 PM
Thats like asking you what yours runs without your drive shaft.......?
My car wouldn't move.......

Guy400
06-09-2003, 02:07 PM
I was assuming your Eclipse had AWD. You're cutting 1.67 60' on FWD only with street tires??

denile
06-09-2003, 02:20 PM
I would be pretty awesome if I could do that!!!!
I was thinking it wouldn't go anywhere but now I remember when my front dif broke I still had rwd and the car was all over the place,tires burning in third,it was funny.

Plante400
06-09-2003, 02:36 PM
hardy har lol
got gayfroce?

Plante400
06-09-2003, 02:37 PM
O cant forget this complete idiot

sweet300ex
06-09-2003, 02:37 PM
I think most people's problems with the "sport compact" scene isn't the cars in general, but the attitude of the drivers. Many of them think that their car is much faster then it is, then get upset when they find out it isn't (ala the "Ricer Flyby").
VERY well said!!!

Plante400
06-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Cant forget this beautiful thing

Plante400
06-09-2003, 02:41 PM
O wait.... my favorite guy of all, msut get alot of respect huh HA

Plante400
06-09-2003, 02:42 PM
O wait.... my favorite guy of all, must get alot of respect huh HA

Bean
06-09-2003, 05:42 PM
4 cyl's are in no way like a 2stroke

first off, it is more like a blaster vs banshee, you CAN make a blaster run by a banshee, but you only have half the cyl's to make power from, eventually, you will run out of stuff to do, unless you master jet power or a star wars type motor, a V-8 will always stomp a 4 with equal money in each, unless the 8 has flat tires. did you notice that funny cars, Nascars, and drag cars dont have 4-cyls?

denile
06-09-2003, 10:21 PM
I have about 1000 bucks into my car and it runs 12's put a 1000 bucks into your mustang and your still runnin 14's.lol

cyba888
06-09-2003, 11:52 PM
Compare the interior of an American car and a Japanese car....everyone knows who makes better interiors. Jump in a Lexus and you will know how nice the dam thing is. Are you telling me American cars have better interiors, better resale? My family use to own 2 Cadillacs and dam those things are crap...both imports and domestics can be as fast but for those people that have owned both cars can surely tell you what their opinions are. Why is it you see more imports then domestics...there must be a reason, very simple.
My 2 cents....;)

Bean
06-10-2003, 04:49 AM
man, im sure the nicer interior really does add the HP, just like the wings and the stickers to

btw, i see more domestics than imports, but whatever you say captain

Bean
06-10-2003, 04:50 AM
man, im sure the nicer interior really does add the HP, just like the wings and the stickers to

btw, i see more domestics than imports, but whatever you say captain

Lexus is not in this debate, that is a fast v-8 import, and its not jap crap, we are talking japan cars, honda, etc

250rampage
06-10-2003, 05:05 AM
Lexus is not in this debate, that is a fast v-8 import, and its not jap crap, we are talking japan cars, honda, etc
Lexus is just a rebadged toyota. People in the US wouldn't buy a nice car if it was made by a "cheap" brand name, so they came up with a "status symbol" name to sell the same products they call toyot's everywhere else in the world. Same deal with Acura/Honda, and Infinity/Nissan.

cyba888
06-10-2003, 05:06 AM
nicer interior add HP? lol dam ur in your own world buddy :cool:
jap crap? Do you ride a jap ATV? lmfao...put on your nike shirt :blah: the point is ur dissin on jap cars...dont matter if its a Lexus or not...why dont you swap your engine in your 250R and put a polaris engine in it ;)

Bean
06-10-2003, 05:09 AM
im just stating my view, i hate jap cars, get over it, i hate kids driving them with trashcan lids for wings on a front wheel drive car, jap symbols all over their car, and pink and blue ground effects and such, and to top it all off, they think they own a 11sec civic or accord

cyba888
06-10-2003, 05:22 AM
um you live in illinois....boonesville..no wonder your so into domestics...lol dood who cares what they think....for you to diss on jap cars just because some kid thinks he has a 11 sec civic? Man grow up and get over it...so what if you see a kid with a domestic car with stickers on it and orange lights..I see those around but I dont go hating domesic cars cause a fool has those mods on his car...

UglyMotha™
06-10-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by cyba888
Compare the interior of an American car and a Japanese car....everyone knows who makes better interiors. Jump in a Lexus and you will know how nice the dam thing is. Are you telling me American cars have better interiors, better resale? My family use to own 2 Cadillacs and dam those things are crap...both imports and domestics can be as fast but for those people that have owned both cars can surely tell you what their opinions are. Why is it you see more imports then domestics...there must be a reason, very simple.
My 2 cents....;)

dude like your location says taiwan, how the F* do you know what we got cruising around here:huh

besides the fact i see probably around 10 domestics for every 1 import

UglyMotha™
06-10-2003, 05:36 AM
nevermind i see you changed it:huh

cyba888
06-10-2003, 05:41 AM
Im now in Los Angles..was there for a few months.. :D

cyba888
06-10-2003, 05:43 AM
besides the fact i see probably around 10 domestics for every 1 import

I guess it all depends on where you live...I live next to Beverly Hills so its different over here...city of Santa Monica
ok this thing aint going no where...its like talking about which is better Chevy or Ford:D Peace out...

UglyMotha™
06-10-2003, 05:47 AM
chevy ;)

cyba888
06-10-2003, 05:51 AM
LOL :cool:

jcv400ex
06-10-2003, 05:56 AM
I'm sensing a West Coast vs East Coast! Let's go get them big Winged fart canned monkey car drivin SOB's......lol EAST SIDE 4 LIFE! :blah:

I seriously can't believe this thread is still goin.

Bean
06-10-2003, 06:02 AM
Chevy

it aint my fault you live over there with a bunch of 4 poppers that think they are fast, and it aint my fault you fell victim to that thought as well

UglyMotha™
06-10-2003, 06:21 AM
http://www.stupid-boy.com/smilies/cwm/cwm/piss2.gif

400exrules
07-22-2006, 12:02 AM
bump:devil:

Punk'd
07-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Only thing I hate about ricers is how they think they are so fast and cool.

I smoke ricers all the time with my Ranger 4.0L:p

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/4678/img1347zk3.jpg

gun32boarder
07-22-2006, 08:36 AM
My 4cyl is slow:confused:

Honda TRX250ex
07-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Its 3 years old!!!

Mx_523
07-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Look at this old bas****.:eek:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=152

trick250r
07-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by denile
I have about 1000 bucks into my car and it runs 12's put a 1000 bucks into your mustang and your still runnin 14's.lol

are you talking about putting 1000 dollars into a stang that is pretty much stock?

if you are, thats no problem because ill buy an old gt-500, a mach 1, or a cobra, put a grand in it, and still kick your ***.

ELewandowski
07-22-2006, 10:45 AM
I have to say, I love muscle cars, but the little ricers are so fun to drive. Less cost to build, corner way better, and still make 20+ mpg.

trick250r
07-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by ELewandowski
I have to say, I love muscle cars, but the little ricers are so fun to drive. Less cost to build, corner way better, and still make 20+ mpg.

see, i know a few people who, after they put turbos on, took them off because their gas milage went wayyy down. im not sure if that was the sole purpose of them taking the turbos off, but that was one of the reasons.

GooseZ400
07-22-2006, 11:39 AM
most of these kids dont pay to build there rides anyway. Mommy and Daddy helped my friend build his daytona.
So sad. He's put upwards of 11,000 in it and it just broke 13's.

My 69 Z/28 is almost a 10 sec car. It's only got a cam, tirea, headers, and gear. I could get ten's if i tie the chassis together.

There is nothing better than revin that sum***** to 8200rpm and dumpin the clutch at the line . 5.57 gears suck but the thing flys and there isnt a ricer around here that could touch it

It's all tore apart right now but its my project.

gun32boarder
07-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by GooseZ400
most of these kids dont pay to build there rides anyway. Mommy and Daddy helped my friend build his daytona.

My 69 Z/28 is almost a 10 sec car. It's only got a cam, tirea, headers, and gear. I could get ten's if i tie the chassis together.

There is nothing better than revin that sum***** to 8200rpm and dumpin the clutch at the line . 5.57 gears suck but the thing flys and there isnt a ricer around here that could touch it

Diffrent strokes for diffrent fokes. Put that car on a road course or autox track and my little 240sx hell even my 3g eclipse would kill it. Personaly i would never build a car for the strip because a straight line is no fun for me.

underpowered
07-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by GooseZ400

i hate Rice with a passion, but hate people who don't know squat about cars even more.

i got a few things to say to you. 8200rpm ain't ever gonna happen on stock internals and still have it hold together. you are not gonna get 10sec out of a pretty stock '69z/28. a cam and headers might have added a whopping 40-50hp if you are lucky. it takes about 500hp in a car that size and weight to get into the low 11's high ten range and headers and a cam aint got you even close. i would say you could get about an 11.7 out of your car if you were lucky and conditions were perfect on slicks. street tires i would say 11.9 at teh absolute min.

Originally posted by ELewandowski

true, but i would take a muscle car over a ricer any day. heck, i would take my jeep over a ricer any day. to each their own but you will never catch me in an uncle bens mobile. they may handle a little better, but aint nothing like raw power.

suck my pipe
07-22-2006, 02:48 PM
I drive a Suzuki Gsxr 750 and im still waiting for any type of car to pass me lolololololol. $10,000 and im running 10.3 lol why would you pay all that money to go fast in a car? cars are to go places lol if you want to go REAL fast get a stree bike! ill take a turn faster than your civic can go lolololol.

ELewandowski
07-22-2006, 03:32 PM
whats an Uncle Ben's mobile:confused:

Blue_Streak23
07-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by suck my pipe
I drive a Suzuki Gsxr 750 and im still waiting for any type of car to pass me lolololololol. $10,000 and im running 10.3 lol why would you pay all that money to go fast in a car? cars are to go places lol if you want to go REAL fast get a stree bike! ill take a turn faster than your civic can go lolololol.

^^true dat.

Even if a car can beat your Gsxr 750, let them have a go with the new Ninga ZX-14R!:blah:

chpsk8er630
07-22-2006, 09:43 PM
heres my car, not real fast but is fun to drive, and loves to eat some rice!!!

07-23-2006, 12:04 PM

owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by LEE314EX
I dont think alot of you rippin on rice have alot of room to talk, you talk about high horsepower when you ride a 400ex which is the slowest and has the least power or any "highperformance" atv my guess is that you have some stickers on your atv too. you talk about not likeing rice when that is what your ride on the weekends.

actually my 440 doesnt have any stickers...and it is fast....so...uh...why dont we just agree to disagree and go ride?
oh yea......YOU ride a 400ex...so you just dissed yourself

Premis
07-23-2006, 10:57 PM
V8 power all the way!

enduro400rider
07-23-2006, 11:19 PM
i sold my rice rocket, it was too low. i have to admit im a fan of just about all cars, foreign and domestic. on the rice side you can go fast and still get good gas milage which we all know is important today. sure you can go out and buy a new mustang GT or something and go around beating up on civics, but really how much fun is that? pull that thing up beside a supra twin turbo and if your goin straight that supra will be gone. i have seen a video of a supra walk an SVT stang with alot of money invested in it. dont get me wronf i like a good healthy sound V8 but since im 16 i cant aford the gas or insurance wo i guess ill stick to my honda.(CRV not riced, just stock) one type of ricer i hate are the idiots who get there moms old taurus or monte carlo and paint $.hit lime green and put fart cans on it from wal-mart and think they are cool. just the other day i saw a Berreta with a park bench wing and 5 inch muffler on it, it was rusted out, yet the kid though he was pimpin. i know a guy who has a pinto wagon thats pretty built up and he puts little stickers on the door of the japanesse flag as "jap-kills" like pilots did back in the day to their old bombers

QuadManKev
07-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by RideRed04
Funny thing about the srt-4 is that it gets worse gas milage then most trucks (14mpg). It is pretty quick to 60 but come on, the camero did the same thing (but still had balls at highway speeds) and got 26 mpg, what is wrong here?

are you kidding me? the srt-4 gets well over 14 mpg. i dont know what drugs your on. it was rated at 22 city and 30 highway, and actually gets better than that....i would know from experience.

y3llow400ex
07-25-2006, 08:56 PM
heres a pic of my mustang

y3llow400ex
07-25-2006, 08:58 PM
i always liked this pic

y3llow400ex
07-25-2006, 08:59 PM
and this one too

tat900
07-26-2006, 06:51 AM
my car has 550 horspwer and weighs less than a civic . I love it on the way to the track these lil imports go by me reving up there cars like im impressed .

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/z-a-i-52K-KylePrater.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/MVC-049S.jpg

Tom TRX250R
07-26-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm against ricers as well but the argument against Imports is stupid. I have always been a Chevy truck guy until recently buying a '95 Nissan 300ZX and seeing the HP potential out of these cars and Toyota Supras. You can hit well over 1000 HP out of Supras, that will beat modded out Hayabusas. I hate Civics, etc. with spoilers, fart cans etc. but if you have something against Supras, 300ZX's then you do not know the potential of these cars or performance for that matter!!

Quad18star
07-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by y3llow400ex
i always liked this pic

Now that is an awesome picture .

I sure hope he strengthened the frame though , cuz that's a lot of twisting . LOL

Alberta_Qaudin
07-26-2006, 12:39 PM
see now i think everyone has diff. opinions of what a "ricer" is.

to me if your driving a regular everyday toyota, or honda. what ever you bought a car cause you liked it. BUT a ricer is a car owned buy a moron who puts all kinds of money into lights, spoilers that serve not purpose, big jesus mufflers to make no compression sound worse than it already does, anything that says "type R" on it, ect........this doesnt need to be a jap car, it can be done to for focuses and cavy's all the same. so lets not attack your average driver who just liked the honda better than the ford, lets stick with bashing the 16 or 40 y/o's who think they're little 4 banger is a jet and with $500 in accesories will beat your 6.0L chevy truck or your fox body mustang.

Cavy's can be rice too

y3llow400ex
07-26-2006, 12:45 PM
i dont like ricers, but.... fast is fast and i respect just about anything that is fast weather it be a turboed civic, a supra or whatever. i unfortunatly used to own a couple civics. biggest waste of money. i finally got smart and got a mustang. like i said fast is fast but take the money you put into a 1000+ hp supra and throw it at lets say.. a fox body mustang or a camaro with a lt1. for the same amount of money your going to be way faster in a v8 car then any import

Blue_Streak23
07-26-2006, 06:28 PM
My dad's race car will throw some competion to any car. He runs a 360 Sprint Car. Which has about 750hp, and weighs less than 800lbs.!:devil:

LTZ400rider
07-26-2006, 07:23 PM
yeah it runs mid 11's
http://www.dieselinnovations.com/images/snow_white_cott.jpg

troutman561
07-26-2006, 07:37 PM
I just recently realized most of this thread was 3 years old....

tat900
07-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Blue_Streak23
My dad's race car will throw some competion to any car. He runs a 360 Sprint Car. Which has about 750hp, and weighs less than 800lbs.!:devil:

i hate to bust your bubble but a 360 sprint car weighs more than 800 lbs most sanctioning classes have to weigh at least 1475 with driver and fuel

clasiter
07-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by troutman561
I just recently realized most of this thread was 3 years old....

yep, I hadn't been to exriders in a couple years til someone posted in this thread, since i posted in it years ago i got a email about the "New Post Alert"

Blue_Streak23
07-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by tat900
i hate to bust your bubble but a 360 sprint car weighs more than 800 lbs most sanctioning classes have to weigh at least 1475 with driver and fuel

^^Yes you are right, I misspoke. It is either 1475 with driver and gear, or 1300 for just the car. I'm not quite suer where i got the 800 from...:confused: .:D

Plante400
07-29-2006, 03:19 PM
dads got one..

hondardr4life
07-30-2006, 06:26 PM
For anyone who was saying w/e about imports having nicer interiors, just come take a ride in either one of my family vehicles. Both are chevy's with all leather, bose sound system, and every available option. I give credit to two ricers, and those are the toyota supra and the nissan 350z. Both are RWD with a lot of power. I blew a civics doors in the other day in my dads 03 duramax....... I havent lost a race to a ricer yet in that truck... I should be getting my 01 chevy with a 6.0 pretty soon. I have a feeling it will kick some *** too.. American Muscle!

greaseball
07-30-2006, 07:27 PM
american cars all the way baby im 19 ive owned 4 cars ....all rwd and gm's and 3 trucks all 4x4 and ford's
1989 formula firdbird vette motor
1987 chevette....hhaha
1988 camaro 305
1998 camaro.....

1987 f-250 351windsor 4x4
1995 ranger 4x4
1977 f-150 custom 4x4

the 1977 is my daily driver right now its got a 460 with high lift cam and high comp pistons over 540 hp and 5mpg lol the 98 camaro is the weekend car

american V8

pushrods rule dohc blow

Chef
08-01-2006, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by greaseball

pushrods rule dohc blow

Hahaha...my DOHC will blow your pushrod motors out the water!

tat900
08-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Chef
Hahaha...my DOHC will blow your pushrod motors out the water!

wanna bet ?

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/MVC-044S.jpg

you want my dyno sheets

bansheeguy
08-01-2006, 07:25 AM
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8&p=Subaru+WRX+STI&b=0&oid=995e8be0d6c5670a&rurl=gofish.vo.llnwd.net&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fsearc h%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3DSubaru%2BWRX%2BSTI&vback=Results

yeh ricers suck there slow....who knew

ive had 4 ford truck and 2 cars, the most reliable car i have had yet is a 92 subaru, i paid 150 bucks for

brapbrap13
08-01-2006, 09:38 AM
my dads old rice eaterr.

Chef
08-01-2006, 11:44 AM
wanna bet ?

you want my dyno sheets

If you wanna play that game I could probably dig some up for this too?

400exmkt
08-01-2006, 05:04 PM
V8 Hemi

In all 3 of them. The only way to ride.

tat900
08-01-2006, 08:30 PM
mky claimer motor makes 500 with steel heads and my outlaw motor makes 773 at the crank both are race legal 358 c.i if iout aluminum heads on my claimer it would make rougly 560-570 range could i put those in a car on the street maybe but i build and buy em to race and racing should be strictly in a controlled enviroment aka tracks only

Chef
08-02-2006, 12:01 AM
could i put those in a car on the street maybe but i build and buy em to race and racing should be strictly in a controlled enviroment aka tracks only

You're telling me this why?

08-02-2006, 07:49 AM
Nothing better than old mopar muscle cars from the late 60's, early 70's! Here is my numbers matching '70 Cuda with 440 6 Pak motor:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/briansgi/shaker.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/briansgi/cuda.jpg

Blue_Streak23
08-04-2006, 04:29 PM
My dad's built up 363ci is making 760hp (give or take a few).