PDA

View Full Version : just bought a used 400ex, needs some work though

derekhonda
04-26-2003, 06:02 PM
Hey guys, today I bought a 2000 400ex and got a good deal, but it needs a little work. It has a wiseco 440 kit installed in it and supposedly runs good, but it has since blown out the head gasket. He said since it’s a 440 it needs a special gasket but I have no clue what kind or who to even call. He also said that last time he check there were 4 acorn nuts that were coming loose and I have no idea what hes talking about there. Anyone wanna lend me a hand and tell me what to do?

Dune Surfer
04-26-2003, 06:45 PM
You will need to replace the studs. I replaced them with oversized studs from Rocky ridge racing $60, Get a new gasket from sparks racing $40. Use coper gasket sealent Install and your good to go.

derekhonda
04-26-2003, 07:23 PM
what studs are you talking about, and will any gasket work or will it need to be a specific wiseco 440 gasket

Dune Surfer
04-27-2003, 06:20 AM
The studs that hold the cylinder on. They get streched or pulled out with a 440. You want a metal gasket. Cometic makes the flexsteel and sparks has stock gaskets they modify for a 440. I recomend that one. I just finished doing a head gasket install with pics. I'm submitting it to Ben to put in the tech section.