PDA

View Full Version : Please

Jellyrolls
04-26-2003, 03:05 PM
Please tell me how to fix my sputtering problem on my rancher..its worrying me...it will cut out going down the road at a steady pace and if i rev it up in neutral... :*( help me

sweet300ex
04-26-2003, 03:12 PM
it may just be a small problem, check and see if the choke is off

Guy400
04-26-2003, 04:02 PM
We're gonna need some more info here. Did it just happen out of the blue? What were you doing right before you noticed the problem? Were you out mudding? Did you have the plastic removed to clean the quad? Answering that will get us going in the right direction. Check the easy things first. Filter is clean and properly installed, choke isn't sticking and check all the vent lines around the carb. Make sure one of them isn't being pinched. I just fixed my cousin's quad on Wednesday night with this problem. He tells me the quad ran fine but it suddenly started to act up. It would idle OK but when it got beyond 1/2 throttle it would begin cutting out. It didn't matter what gear you were in or what kind of load was on the engine. I began to disassemble the plastic and noticed that a vent line wasn't properly routed around the carb and was being pinched underneath the gas tank. Finished looking the carb over and made no changes to it other than routing the vent the correct way and it's running fine again.

Give us as much detail as possible about your problem.