PDA

View Full Version : Durablue axles are junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick0
04-26-2003, 02:11 PM
I can't beleive how weak they really are. I though poeple exagerated on how weak there were. My friend with his raptor was going through some whoops on are practice track and the axle just broke right off. This kid don't race, he's never hit a big jump. he ain't thats hard on hie quad. His stock axle froma 2001 raptor is in good shape and there know as weak axle as well and he's never had a problem with it. So now from what I see is I will never buy a durablue product or a DG product. He had the top of the line axle(x-33 racing axle) with the hubs. He payed like 450 dollars for it. I will get pics of tomarrow. I geuss you guys were right about how bad there are.

Guy400
04-26-2003, 04:08 PM
Some guys swear by them and others swear at them. There's a reason why the name "Durabend" follows them. I'm not going to bash them cause freakish things happen to the best manufacturers but DuraBlue's fault lies in their warranty. They bill their axles as having a "lifetime guarantee" but it's not really. I believe you get the first replacement free of charge but any axles after that get replaced on a pro-rated scale. Lonestar and RPM are no-questions-asked warranties for complete replacement (or straightening if the axle has less than a certain run-out) for as long as the original owner owns the axle. I've had both LSR and RPM axles and didn't have any problems with either one but like the RPM more.

250EXking
04-27-2003, 12:19 AM
i would probally get a lonestar axle. durablue has that one time lifetime guarentee. but after the first they charge you so much for each one after that.

it might have been a faulty durablue. send it back and tell em waht happened maybe they'll send you one and some free stuff.

Sick0
04-27-2003, 05:07 AM
I thought the axle was decent and I thought it would hold up to for somebody like my friend. I bet the stock weak axle would not have broken like that. I'm just surprized at how weak these axle really are. Alot poeple have bashed them over and over and now I see why. Plus my same friend bought one of there plastic skid plates and it broke in the first 30mins of ridng in the sand. Are plan nowis to have durablue replace it and we are going to sell it on ebay and buy him a real axle.

PhilMoore
04-28-2003, 03:44 PM
I broke an X-33 on a simple 40 foot double, I landed perfect. DuraBreak sent me an Eliminator (and didn't refund the difference in price). They sent the Eliminator because I told them I didn't want another hazardous part. Plus they told me they were out of stock on X-33 replacements and it would be several weeks before they had another one to send me.

My Eliminator is holding up well so far.

Stay far away from the X-33!

d-14 rider 27
04-28-2003, 03:47 PM
some durablues are good, and some arent. i had one for more than a year and cased the crap out of quite a few jumps and had no probs for a long time til i cased the gravity cavity at morelands, then i know a guy had a brand new one, was rockin his quad side to side and snapped it off, its like they heat treat them wrong or something, they aint that bad, but ill never buy one again rpm all the way.

crap-banshee32
04-28-2003, 04:21 PM
durablue sucks!!!!
some ppl really like them and i dont know why or how, b/c they truly do suck!!

forum
04-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Sick0
Durablue axles are junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

yes.. yes they are

ROGERS
04-29-2003, 10:56 AM
I think that Durablue has problems with their product quality consistency. I have heard horror stories from people, but everyone that I know who owns one has not bent them. Some of my buds hit the landings perfect every time and others never do. I guess it is luck of the draw when you buy a Durablue. will yours be a good axle or a $hi++y one? I'm not gonna gamble with that much money.

300EX_HMF
04-29-2003, 11:31 AM
i dunno you could make alot of money just saying, yep that one theres JUNK because of all the axles breaking you could make some money!

OutlawEX
04-29-2003, 01:51 PM
dura blue rocks;)

d-14 rider 27
04-29-2003, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE]I think that Durablue has problems with their product quality consistency. I have heard horror stories from people, but everyone that I know who owns one has not bent them. Some of my buds hit the landings perfect every time and others never do. I guess it is luck of the draw when you buy a Durablue. will yours be a good axle or a $hi++y one? I'm not gonna gamble with that much money.

consistency- yep thats what i was getting at

crazyrider250
04-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Yea your right X-33s suck. Elimenators are ok but i think all of durablues axles are junk. The axcaliber axle is pretty good but RPM all the way man.

2002 Blaster

LRD pipe and silencer
AC grab bar
AC bumper
AC nerfs
Douglas wheels
Turfs
Holeshot MX fronts
outerwears
Renthal bars
Scott grips
cut fenders
K&N filter and outerwears
shockwears

04-30-2003, 02:31 PM
read my sig..tells it all in the quote

crap-banshee32
04-30-2003, 04:01 PM
nacs, in your profile it pretty much says lonestar axle's suck 2, there is nothing wrond with lsr axles!!!! its just durabreak(durablue)!!!

hugh jayis
04-30-2003, 08:00 PM
my buddy rides on a durablue axle on a banshee. he weighs about 230 and beats the **** out of it. he has been using it for about 2 or 3 seasons and hasnt had any trouble at all. but in light of all of this, when it comes time to get a new axle i think i will go with rpm. i weigh 180 but i hit a lot bigger jumps than my buddy does so maybe i'd snap one.

05-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by crap-banshee32
nacs, in your profile it pretty much says lonestar axle's suck 2, there is nothing wrond with lsr axles!!!! its just durabreak(durablue)!!!

my sig is not aimed towards LSR axles....it is aimed for LSR products like swingarms and a-arms...i personaly dont think that they ahve the best products for what they charge...IMO

muff
05-01-2003, 12:09 PM
yea my friend snapped his on his cannondale a few weeks ago, 30' tabletop easy landing

it was pretty funny tho cause his tire kept goin and cleared the next jump...lol :p

mxgirl
05-01-2003, 05:08 PM
I have a RPM Dominator +4 on my 400 and it's awesome!! A lot of guys that I race with started with the Durablue's but are now running RPM's. I would like to thank Durablue for failing on my friends quad in a race, because that helped me bring home the 1st place hardware :D :D My friend still smoked me in the points series on his 440. :)