PDA

View Full Version : K&N power kit

RuffRyder400ex
04-26-2003, 01:06 PM
who much power will the K&N power kit give for a 400ex?

Guy400
04-26-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm going to assume you're talking about the K&N kit that comes with a filter and appropriate jets. If you're just thinking about installing a K&N Power Kit without any exhaust mods you're just wasting your time and money. You'll get relatively no power gains from this without uncorking the exhaust side of things. I've heard people say "I noticed a big difference with my new filter..." and go on to tell you how with just an air filter it is now impossible for them to keep the front wheels on the ground. This reaction comes from two possibilities: 1.) They've been duped into thinking that the Power Kit truly does add 3hp like the back of the box claims so by the power of suggestion they "feel" the power gain, and 2.) They're too proud to admit that they've just wasted $70 for a Power Kit that yielded no real gains so they just say it makes more power to make themselves feel better. Misery loves company:ermm:

250EXking
04-27-2003, 12:15 AM
yeah the k&n kit says it adds 25 % power. yeah maybe with a pipe. like Guy400 said. get the kit with a pipe like wb or sparks or something.

RuffRyder400ex
04-27-2003, 12:57 AM
ok thaks for the help guys