PDA

View Full Version : Has this happend to any one elses???

capecod400ex
04-26-2003, 04:13 AM
This is what happend : I had been rideing for about 2 hours down trails and some pits when i smelled oil burning, So i headed back to the pit and got of my bike and looked and thaire was oil every on me the bike the pipes every thing any ways the bike was smokeing. It looked like i had blow the head gasket. Then like ten mins later i looked and the hose that , i think returns the oil to the oil tank had poped of the top of the head. So i put it back on and left but i freaked me out for a minet till i relized it was just a house. Has this happend to any one else's out thaire?:confused:

ROGERS
04-26-2003, 06:54 AM
I once had the ecrankcase vent tube pop off on my race bike. not good when you are rolling 35 degrees over in a corner! :confused2 luckily it didn't get on my tire. try to wire it on the clamp.

capecod400ex
04-26-2003, 07:29 AM
well i think its stuiped they put a vital engine system part on with a clamp you can take off wiht your fingers:grr

04-26-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by capecod400ex
well i think its stuiped they put a vital engine system part on with a clamp you can take off wiht your fingers:grr

the breather tube on top of the head, that clamp is on prety good...i cant take it off with my hands..i have to sue pliars...and i cant just tug on the line and pop it off....and as far as the crank case breather....that clip on their i can get off with my fingers, but its got a long tube to go around...so on both things the clip has to not be on all the way for either one to fall off

capecod400ex
04-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Is that a breather that gose back to the oil tank? or what? i dont know all i know is it fell off and maid a big mess and freaked me out. but hey

04-26-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by capecod400ex
Is that a breather that gose back to the oil tank? or what? i dont know all i know is it fell off and maid a big mess and freaked me out. but hey

yes all it is a brether....oil does go through it though i assume..bacuase th oil pump shoots oil up into the head..and im sure a little bit of that slop off into that breather