PDA

View Full Version : Which fuel mixture should i use for a high performance engine?

heavy_d
04-26-2003, 12:58 AM
I have a 87 500cc quadzilla enigne that was just rebuilt. It was bored .40 over and i had a Wiseco Pro-lite piston put in. It had also performance porting done to it and the head was done by Trinity Racing. It also has a Mossbargeer reed cage and a Paul Turner Pipe. The cycle shop said it has a 50 thousandths squish when the piston comes up which he said was a drag motor. Haven't been able to do a compression test yet because its not on the bike and it makes it a lot easier to kick over when its on the frame, but i was wondering if i was to use a 50/50 mix with premium and 112 would that be sufficient enough not to burn her up? Also how many cc does .40 over add, would be around 505-510cc now?

heavy_d
04-26-2003, 06:09 AM
suggestion please

04-26-2003, 06:28 AM
if your talking what pre mix ratio it usuallly shows what they recomend on the bottle, klotz r50 techniplate is really good stuff i used it in my rm

04-26-2003, 06:31 AM
if ur asking about octane and its a high comp motor u can sometimes get away with running a mix of race gas and 93 octane, its hard for me to tell what yer asking

heavy_d
04-26-2003, 07:29 AM
well i am going to use a 4 gallons of gas to 16 oz. of blendzall mix (32:1), but i was wondering more about the race gas, i was thinking of putting 2 gallons of race fuel 112 octane and 2 gallons of premium 93 octane i don't want to spend a fortune on gas, but i hoping that would be good for the compression of that engine, the guy at the cycle shop said if it starts to spark knock when at higher rpms i should use more race gas, but i don't want it to do even that at all cause i just spent $420, which was a good price, on the performance rebuild