PDA

View Full Version : throttle response

trickex250
04-25-2003, 03:54 PM
When i hit the throttle from idle it skips a lil bit and wants to stall. Do i need to but a bigger pilot jet in it or what? How do i get the throttle response.

Chanman420q
04-25-2003, 04:37 PM
id take ur idle screw down a little.. sounds like ur a little to rich and when u hit the gas ur putting ot much gas in and there isnt enough air to mix with it so it floods.

Dusty
04-26-2003, 12:51 AM
I've had the same continuing problem since the bike was new. Wicking the throttle from idle, it bogs or dies. It is not rich. If you pull your choke out abit it will rev fine. I still haven't figured it out. I've gone all the way to a 45 pilot, which was just too much, and dropped back to 42. Needle clip in every position. Lid on/off. Pretty much wore the threads off the air screw :) I even went as far as buying a carb for $30 off ebay, thinking there might be a casting flaw or something in the original, does the same. It really isn't an issue when riding, cause it will only do it from dead idle. It sure is annoying though.
I've asked the same question here before, and never got a response from anyone with the same problem. I guess I'm happy (NOT) that i'm not the only one.
Just starting to warm up here so I will spend more time working on it.

Brian

trickex250
04-26-2003, 03:28 PM
yeah it does do better with the choke on and i know mine isnt rich either. I have a kandn and no lid and a pipe. and i just jetted it and it did it before i jetted it with all that stuff. If u figure somethin out let me know k.