PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

balla250ex
04-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Hey yall. Whut is the worst injury yall have had while quad riding?? The worse thing that has happened to me is a snapped left femur. Doctors say that is the biggest bone in your body and the hardest to break. I had it surgically repaired and have a rod from my hip to my knee. There are 4 screws at my hip and right above my knee to keep it in place. Now I can say I have a leg of steel!! :D

sweet300ex
04-25-2003, 02:49 PM
sore muscles and jaggar scratches....ive been in luck

Mx300exRyder
04-25-2003, 04:47 PM
There was a thread on this not too long ago (2-3 weeks), but I had the same injury just this past october (but my was shattered not just snaped), the developed a blood clot from surgery.

CHAUNCY
04-25-2003, 04:52 PM
My worst would have to be burning my leg on my trx70. Man, I wish I still had that quad, it was mobbable. Ive been pretty lucky all in all:)

marksuttonjr
05-02-2003, 03:31 AM
2 broken ribs. Long story, but to make it short I took one h### of a tumble after going head on into a tree stump that was about 3' tall.

Natertot426ex
05-02-2003, 04:10 AM
I had a friend fly off a cliff on his 400 in the middle of winter where there was a bunch of snow and he broke some ribs and puncured his lung. It is had to beleive that the quad didn't get a scratch on it. My worst crash was a couple of months ago when I endo'd and I sraped my had and had a sore back for a while.

Pappy
05-02-2003, 04:13 AM
ummmm....
broke my leg just below the knee
broke both my arms
broke my ankle
stitches and staples (20 staples in the back...footpeg ouch:()
cracked a vertebrea
more sore muscles then i care to discuss:ermm:

kickin440
05-07-2003, 04:22 PM
I overshot a double broke the left femur, right ankle, collar bone
one vertabre in my back, and shattered my shoulder all in one crash. before that at seperate times i broke an ankle twice a wrist once and a few fingers. Thats all in the last two years the list goes on and on!

kickin440
05-07-2003, 04:48 PM
I overshot a double broke the left femur, right ankle, collar bone
one vertabre in my back, and shattered my shoulder all in one crash. before that at seperate times i broke an ankle twice a wrist once and a few fingers. Thats all in the last two years the list goes on and on!

Nausty
05-07-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by balla250ex
Hey yall. Whut is the worst injury yall have had while quad riding?? The worse thing that has happened to me is a snapped left femur. Doctors say that is the biggest bone in your body and the hardest to break. I had it surgically repaired and have a rod from my hip to my knee. There are 4 screws at my hip and right above my knee to keep it in place. Now I can say I have a leg of steel!! :D

worst quad accident-broken clavical
other bad stuff, 2 or more concussions, over a 100 stitches, skin graph, cracked rib, sprained ankle(should of had nerfs). Some of these were on db's though.

05-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Some of these were on db's though.

Yea its hard not to get hurt a little riding those dumb blondes :devil

RoadkillerRyan
05-08-2003, 12:04 PM
man ive took some bad falls but i only broke my ankle when i had my trx90, i was going all balls to the floor on a stright away and then i saw all these bumps , hit the first bump and and hit the front brakes hit the 2nd bump and flipped over, quad landed on me and rode me over the bumps, guess it wanted pay back

cudaman
05-08-2003, 01:00 PM
ummm i sprained my ankle and my middle finger. thats it

300EX
05-08-2003, 11:54 PM
a bruised leg... I had stuff in my pocket.

sly400ex
05-09-2003, 07:50 AM
Broke my BACK!!!!:eek2:

400extracc
05-10-2003, 04:06 AM
just broke my arm in two places yesterday. look behind me to see were my brother was on his blaster, and cliped a tree. man it hurt, in a cast for 6 weeks. *****!!!!!

KASCHAK
05-10-2003, 03:40 PM
broken arm. trx 125 hhaha it was good times

05-11-2003, 04:20 AM
umm.. A 4 inch long, 2 inch wide burn from dirtbike,, hurt quite alot. this winter got hit by a moped when i was warmin up dirtbike on ice(not lieing) and my leg went into my foot peg. probably could have got stitches but didnt want them. rode a wheelie on dirtbike and fell and hit my knee pretty hard.. there might be something wrong with it but i dont like the doctor. it was about 4 weeks ago and everytime i touch a spot on my knee it kills. :confused: And alll the regular bruises that happen. cupple nose smashes into handlebars, alot of nut squishes, i think everyone has had their own share. :D

2002_300_EX
05-15-2003, 03:36 AM
About three weeks ago, I was ridin a wheelie and shifted into 3rd, but didnt let off the gas enough and it kicked me off the back and dragged me about 30-40 feet. My back got all bruised up and got scratches all over. But I was wearin my helmet :D

KASCHAK
05-15-2003, 08:52 AM
last sunday i was riding a wheelie 5th gear just shifted to 5th and there was trees comming. so i was going to tap the brake to let it down tree was about 50 ft or so away. i started to slide off the seat, my hand sliped off the handle bars and when i grabed it i hit the gas, the grab bar hit the ground and i almost fell off and i went 5th gear into a tree in a wheelie. :eek2: only thing i broke my my ego. lol

spliffy
05-15-2003, 09:27 AM
I compressed 2 vertibraes (sp) in my neck & 2 in my back at the same time & just recently broke my thumb bone thats connected to my wrist bone (sounds like a song huh).... but next weekend I will be ready to ride :devil

EX_RIDER
05-24-2003, 06:54 AM
Snapped ACL, PCl, two screws + pins( 6 months recovery time)
In rightknee

3 broken fingers,broken nose,2 degree burns,very bad sprains and cuts to put me out for while also

two months ago
broken wrist , 3 breaks,2 fractors,stil got cast on and can be for 3 more months

joshyz125
05-26-2003, 07:32 AM
i broke 4 ribs, shattered my right wrist, and both bones on my right forarm. 6 pins, and 6 months recovery.

OCCRA288
05-27-2003, 09:38 AM
July 5th 2002

5 broken ribs, 1 punctured lung ( they did an emergency chest tube operation without anesthetics Hurt like #ELL!!!) 15 hairline fractures in fused vertebrae of lower back.

I spent 5 hrs in ER @ one hospital got lifeflighted to another hospital 100 miles away. I stayed there for 7 days.

All because of stupidity. I didn't wear my chest protector.

bkbatv
05-27-2003, 06:18 PM
http://jesterbong.com/Jun02_1.JPG http://jesterbong.com/Jun02_4.JPG http://jesterbong.com/Jun02_5.JPG http://jesterbong.com/Jun02_6.JPG

HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED IN 2002 LONDON KY FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE JUMPING DOWN BY THE POND STILL NOT FULLY RECOVERD ITS BEEN 14 MONTHS

CHAUNCY
05-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Looks like it hurt bkbatv. Hope he recover correctly:)

D-4our
05-27-2003, 06:44 PM
wow, thats quite a trophey on that leg there:D

as for me, ive only broke my arms three seperate times and snapped my collar bone. the worst thing about it was that they cant do anything about the colar bone so they just gave me some pain killas and sent me home, it still looks like it did when i broke it:grr:

KASCHAK
05-28-2003, 08:33 AM
those pictures are fake. look how cheaply put together they are. deff. fake. jk :D didnt they give you any painkillers or anything.
how bad was it. my dad broke his arm in4 places

_____
__|( rock)|____ after

KASCHAK
05-28-2003, 08:37 AM
nm thats bad. well anyway it was comming down and it broke in four places forming to the rock. :o

bkbatv
05-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by 400ex_kaschak
those pictures are fake. look how cheaply put together they are. deff. fake. jk :D didnt they give you any painkillers or anything.
how bad was it. my dad broke his arm in4 places

_____
__|( rock)|____ after

painkillers oh yeah
after the week in the hospital on the morphine drip:blah: :confused2 i think i might remember 1 day or so they let me come home it was a 7 hr trip frpom london they gave me a bottle of coxycotin's:D ,a bottle of vicodin's:D , and a bottle of xanax:confused2 , i was taken the oxy's for 2 months every 12 hrs and the vicodins (10-5's) the big-ones at a rate of 60 a week for 6 months . the only pain i had was trying to take a crap talk about being conspated:mad: now the pain has started to become normal the doctor says its just the arthris thats hurting taken that vicox :( and some heavyduty motrin :(

darrell43031
05-28-2003, 05:57 PM
not that it could compare but i blew out my right knee completly. ripped 4 ligaments one of which was so bad i had to have a cadaver graph and twore my tendon that connects the bottom of your knee cap to your shin.cost me 3 screws and a 5 hour surgery. plus i have a 4 inch hole in my left calf from where a footpeg went in (damn muddy boots:devil: ) shortly after i got nerfs!!! and i ripped my muscle casing on the back of my left calf from where i ran over my own leg.

darrell43031
05-28-2003, 05:58 PM
another

darrell43031
05-28-2003, 05:59 PM
and the end result a nice looking zipper

bkbatv
05-28-2003, 11:22 PM
ouch good one i have a friend that just his leg sliced open by a foot peg i got to get my xrays posted

KASCHAK
05-29-2003, 09:02 AM
dont use all the pills you can sell them there good pills that kids in school get messed up on. xanax morphine and espessially or however you spell that word oxycontins

KASCHAK
05-29-2003, 09:05 AM
OUCH! :eek2:

Kilabanshee
05-29-2003, 09:05 AM
My tailbone still hurts from the hillclimb i did up in ecerly kaschak do you know the one were theres the huge berm on the top i rolled the quad all the way down. I would say this was my worst crash havenot had any injuries YET.:D

GNCC#829
05-29-2003, 03:12 PM
The worst thing that has happend to me is a sprained wrist.

KASCHAK
05-29-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Kilabanshee
My tailbone still hurts from the hillclimb i did up in ecerly kaschak do you know the one were theres the huge berm on the top i rolled the quad all the way down. I would say this was my worst crash havenot had any injuries YET.:D

heheh im the one that made that hill. :D

Kilabanshee
05-30-2003, 02:26 AM
Kaschak you must be on crazy M,F to fly up that hillclimb the first time. Next time i go up ill take the digital and takes some pictures of the climb and some pics of me and kaschak's ride.

2002_300_EX
05-30-2003, 08:54 AM
I tried doin a hill climb and busted my *** bone of a rock....but it just bruised. And I cracked my helmet.

KASCHAK
05-30-2003, 09:32 AM
hey kilabanshee you should come up this weekend its suppoted to be really nice this weekend. or at leas that what they said on the weather. that hill isnt that big either there is ones alot bigger then that we do. that one we were seeing who could jump highest off it. :D next time you come up youll climb it like nuttin. you were just scared r sumthin. put on the 14 tooth. i did it with the 15 but i lugged up it. 14 tooth i scream up it

hondaracer31
05-30-2003, 09:35 AM
Starting when I was 15....Shattered left knee, broken jaw, chipped bone in right shoulder, shattered left collarbone, broken left wrist, torn rotator cuff in left shoulder, broken ribs, broken right collarbone twice, the last one was last Sunday. I don't remember much of Sunday, I know I got knocked out, broke my helmet, destroyed my chest protector. I'm now 35. Maybe I'm too old for this. :confused:

KASCHAK
05-30-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
. I'm now 35. Maybe I'm too old for this. :confused:

naa your still good. ever hear the saying," you dont stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stoped riding."

ill be in a wheelchair when im 30 because im always sore and sick. but hey you only live once.:D

2002_300_EX
05-30-2003, 05:43 PM
"My goal in live is to die young......as late as possible."

hondaracer31
05-31-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by 400ex_kaschak
naa your still good. ever hear the saying," you dont stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stoped riding."

ill be in a wheelchair when im 30 because im always sore and sick. but hey you only live once.:D

I hear ya!! I won't stop riding, but maybe it's time to give up MX?!
:huh :rolleyes:

Kilabanshee
05-31-2003, 04:11 AM
yeah kaschak ill be sure to throw on that 14 next time i go up. Maybe you can find that cannondale speed and we can both smoke um. Yeah i was really scared doing that hillclimb cause it was one of the first ones were u actuly had to whip it at the top.

Fast250EX
06-11-2003, 04:29 AM
I got 2 bruised ribs and an absolutely ripped apart arm. I was sliding around a turn when all of a sudden my tires caught and it started going over, slinging me off in the process. I still had a slight grip on the handlebar with my right hand before I got slung too far and slung the handlebars to the right to keep it from flipping... big mistake. After hitting the ground hardon my left shoulder and getting shaken around violently to a stop, my 250EX came over and ran over my right side, shredding my right arm and kicking my shoe off.

I couldn't sleep worth a crap for a few nights. Every time i would move I would wake myself up.

Oh and of course, there's the thing I am sure most have done. Land from a jump with the nose a bit too far down and do a faceplant into the handlebars and destroy your nuts on the gas cap. That sucks.

racinred330ex
06-13-2003, 01:41 PM
well all i have to say is yall aint got nothin on my buddy he lost his lower left leg broke right femur broke color bone concussion and no lost all ability to do the one thing he love the most hop on his kdx 200 and rip all becuz of them damn utilty quads.

hondaracer31
06-14-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by racinred330ex
well all i have to say is yall aint got nothin on my buddy he lost his lower left leg broke right femur broke color bone concussion and no lost all ability to do the one thing he love the most hop on his kdx 200 and rip all becuz of them damn utilty quads.
I'm sorry to hear about your buddies ordeal.:eek2: But you know it's not because of "them damn utility quads"..........
It's the idiots riding them!!!!!!!!!!

popo
07-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Broken Ribs from falling down stairs, trying to arrest an idiot for burning his kids fingers with a butaine torch.

Broken *** from falling off my quad.

400exmom
07-02-2003, 11:53 PM
ummm... i broke my fingernail changing my ty-rod wed. nite. ive been REALLY lucky i thing god must kinda like me:cool:

rider621
07-03-2003, 06:04 AM
wow i havent gotten hurt at all riding my quad but its only been a month. i dont have a sctrach, burn, or even a bruise from my quad.

07-03-2003, 06:07 AM
knocked out a tooth, bruised both kidneys, compressed 2 disk in my back, severely sprang wrist and ankle, Fractured thumb, and a hurt ego....:ermm:

MOFO
07-03-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Rico
knocked out a tooth, bruised both kidneys, compressed 2 disk in my back, severely sprang wrist and ankle, Fractured thumb, and a hurt ego....:ermm:

I thought the title was named "Injuries", not boo boo's... :devil:

suck my pipe
07-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Long story :( glad its all over

suck my pipe
07-09-2003, 06:50 PM
btw i forgot to say thats my right arm. The right end of the pic is my whrist, and the left end is my arm, it was just hanging by skin very nasty lol:devil:

PS: I was riding as soon as they put my short arm cast on. That was last year.

sparks400
07-17-2003, 02:46 AM
ive had brused ribs, sterum ( ur middle chest bone right over ur heart) sprined a everything, my luck hasnt be that bad , havent crashed in a while ( knock on wood ) good luck yall

Jackie
08-13-2003, 04:05 PM
broke off my tail bone and flag at silver lake right at the starting line of a drag on the beach whent straight up stuck on the gripper seat cover let go fell very hard you know where. kicked it side ways, felt like crawling under a rock.
same season on the Baldwin trail hit tree with tire and tore the tendens in my thumb. so now it has some new range of motion. It hurts to use a thumb throdle had have a twist to ride. no big deal a few rides and the twist is like it was always there.
that's it for me:ermm:

350Xhilaration
09-01-2003, 09:08 AM
Fractured elbow and some road rash two weeks ago because another member of this board (speedbump) ran into me. He got a busted clavicle. We were going super slow < 10mph from one trail to another where we had to ride up a road for about 50 yards, he thought I was going to the right ,well, I went left and he went right and his right front tire got into my left rear and both of us rolled. Unbelievable what can happen at such a slow speed. Both of us had brainbuckets securely attached.

This is me after the crash
http://members.toast.net/rhueladams/uploadcrashpics/brokenarm2.jpg
This is stupidbump afterwards
http://users.adelphia.net/~cinnamonlou/pics/t4sh2.jpg

Out_Sider
09-02-2003, 03:05 PM
i've just been beated, and buised. when i flipped my 300 the 3rd time i went rolling thru the field and got a couple rocks in my back, and the quad was rolling right beside me, and it never even bent my handlebars!! :D But other than stratches, buises, sore muscles, and a burn on my right leg from a xr200.

ridered92
10-11-2007, 10:42 PM
my worst injury would have to be when i was messin g around doing wheelies on my old lil 125 four trax and i went in the ditch and fliped and i brusied the left side of my brain

Eviltanker
10-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Where to start.....
Over the past 20 plus years I have broken:
Everyfinger at least once
3 toes
4 ribs
Fractured scapula
Dislocated both shoulders
both wrists
left knee
left ankle
partially dislocated right hip
Internal bleeding of the liver
8 concusions
Thats about all I can remember.

hungus07trx400
10-12-2007, 09:03 AM
I once fractured my pride in 3 places. Couldn't ride for a month.