PDA

View Full Version : number plate colors!!

RideRed400StYlE
04-25-2003, 10:31 AM
Alright, heres the deal.. I plan on racing district 6 this year, and I just happened to buy blue number plates with white numbers. wasnt thinking at the time. well they are on my new plastics and I would hate to take them off($40).. but I heard that this is the colors that pros run. do you think they would make a fuss over it, or just let me go with it. the number plates on my front and rear bumper are white with black numbers. its just the number backgrounds that are blue. any help would be appreciated

Sick0
04-25-2003, 12:02 PM
well if you don't know the diffrent colors, I geuss your are new to racing. Blue plates are for pros. and white with black numbers are for Expert. If you run novice you have to have black back grounds with white numbers.

to answer you ?- southwick was tuff about the numbers this year.
so yes the make a big deal of it and make you buy new ones. But My friend ran white back grounds all year and was a novice.
So I would say it would depend on the track. But be prepared to buy new numbers and back grounds.

lil400exman
04-25-2003, 12:33 PM
this a is a good post i am going to show the mods this to put in in the faq forum......................:)

propartsracing
04-25-2003, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure for MX, but in the D-6 harescramble series, they don't check at all what colors you run. They don't even use the #'s you put on your bike... they give you a sticker to put on your helmet & gas tank which you have to yell to the score person at the barrell at the end of each lap. It's probably different for MX. BTW - $40 is ALOT for # plate backgrounds! Most companies charge 1/2 that.

For the GNCC series (National Cross Country races), the pro's use red backgrounds w/ white numbers. Blue, I believe is for the Woman & novice riders.

racerx573
04-25-2003, 02:26 PM
If you run a national you will HAVE to take them off, they made my friend do it. As for racing in D6, I know some pros race there frequently....Here in D5 "A" runs white backs w/ black #'s.. "B" is Yellow/black #'s..."C" is black/white #'s, and "D" is whatever because people get moved out of D all the time..