PDA

View Full Version : Carb Jetting and Cams

excess
04-25-2003, 08:54 AM
Say I were to get a slip on and a filter for my 400 and rejetted the carb to run a little better with the new parts. If and when I get a cam for the bike would I have to rejet it to get more gains out of the cams or the bike should just run more aggresively with the old settings?

300eXTraILRyDeR
04-27-2003, 01:20 PM
i have a 300 when i did the intake/exhaust i jetted it, then when i went back and put the cam in i didnt jet it but i checked the plug and weverythings fine. it does fun really sweet when the cam. i used to be dead even with a warrior but now he has a couple of bike lenghts behind me, not much but every bit helps.

hotex
04-27-2003, 02:55 PM
Jetting is very slightly affected by just the installation of a camshaft. It's always able to be fine tuned but, the day may have more to do with jetting changes than a camshaft generally speaking. When adding more components like a pipe and jet kit, that will make the machine more sensitive to changes in atmospheric conditions. The more HP you squeeze out of any displacement the more sensitive it becomes to the day. But adding just a camshaft will very slightly affect the jetting.

Tony