PDA

View Full Version : Web Cam All Around or Hot cam Stage 1?

excess
04-25-2003, 08:50 AM
I have been thinking about ordering a cam for my 400ex but am undecided because of quality issues. My bike is gonna have the basic bolt ons and figured the cam would help out but couldn't decide on a company. Because there is a core charge on the Web Cam I assume it probably has much better fitment because it is practically an OEM cam just regrinded. Any thoughts and opinions welcome. Plus I think the stage 2 or the race one from web would be to much for the bike with such little work

JD400exrider
04-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Want quality Honda quality Get a HRC cam. (Honda Racing Corp.) It is a drop in cam made from honda for the xr 400 motorcycle which is the same motor as the TRX, however the TRX stock cam is not as hot as the stock XR cam. By grinding numbers It is a better than the stage 1 and close to the stage 2 You may want to put in a high compression piston when you do it. If your running the stock bore piston you could look at the xr cam too.
Bought my HRC cam from Planet honda 275.00 Service Honda price is 270.00 they need to order it. Look at servicehonda. com under the hop up kit for the xr 400

Just a thought ;)

Giz400ex
04-26-2003, 01:43 AM
I like my webcam and have had, heard or seen any problems with there cam.

excess
04-26-2003, 03:56 AM
that xr cam sounds nice but is a little pricey but obviously because of the quality you get

when looking into a getting a came if its not to much to ask how does the duration and all the specs work. Is bigger always better?