PDA

View Full Version : had a run in with a stupid cop today

Honda4trax250x
04-25-2003, 08:37 AM
thismorning me and my dad went to drop off our jetski to get worked on we left it there and just took the trailer home like 30secs. after leaving we heard the sirens it was an unmarked car:rolleyes: he told us that our registration for the trailer was expired but my dad told him we had the other sticker at home so he let us go

ok now here is the stupid part when my dad told him that we were just coming back from the dealer around the corner to drop it off he was like "what was on that trailer a quad or something?" this is when i almost burst into laughter but i had to hold it in so he didnt give us a bunch of tickets for laughing at him when we pulled away and we immediately started to make fun of him :blah

i dunno how he thought a quad could fit on that tiny trailer, but hey, hes an idiot!:devil just thought i would share myfuny story for the day

Guy400
04-25-2003, 09:03 AM
It's really not all that stupid of a question. Have you seen some of the dumb stuff people try to haul in cars/trucks/trailers? He's a cop and he sees dumb people everyday. I work in the ATM industry and we had someone try to steal an ATM and put it in the trunk of a Pontiac Phoenix (like a Cavalier). When he was caught he tried to say it was a washing machine. We had someone else think they could take a truck and drag a 4000lb. ATM away. They managed to tip it over trying to use a forklift to pick it up. The general public are imbeciles and the cop is forced to ask stupid people stupid questions (not saying you or your father are stupid).

toby400ex
04-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Hmm, Not sure why it was funny really:huh :confused:

04-25-2003, 09:40 AM
that was funny;) ;) jk.. i have seen people carring quads on jet ski trailers with alot of straps becuz they just got it or they didnt have a diff. trailer.

Sparky416ex
04-25-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
thismorning me and my dad went to drop off our jetski to get worked on we left it there and just took the trailer home like 30secs. after leaving we heard the sirens it was an unmarked car:rolleyes: he told us that our registration for the trailer was expired but my dad told him we had the other sticker at home so he let us go

ok now here is the stupid part when my dad told him that we were just coming back from the dealer around the corner to drop it off he was like "what was on that trailer a quad or something?" this is when i almost burst into laughter but i had to hold it in so he didnt give us a bunch of tickets for laughing at him when we pulled away and we immediately started to make fun of him :blah

i dunno how he thought a quad could fit on that tiny trailer, but hey, hes an idiot!:devil just thought i would share myfuny story for the day

i know dude its amazing...aLL cops are just stupid:grr :rolleyes:

why didnt you or your dad put on the lousy sticker since you had it....id say that was about the stupidest thing i could think of when i read your post.

tryken
04-25-2003, 11:12 AM
aLL cops are just stupid

You calling me stupid?

I take offense to that statement.

Honda4trax250x
04-25-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Sparky416ex

why didnt you or your dad put on the lousy sticker since you had it....id say that was about the stupidest thing i could think of when i read your post.

b/c we just bought a 2 place trailer and this was gonna be the last time we used that one why put the sticker on for one short trip then peal it off:rolleyes:

CHAUNCY
04-25-2003, 11:17 AM
Yeah, its amazing what people will put in cars. I know this guy that put his yz125 in the back off his volvo wagon to go riding. It was really funny seeing it on its side and hanging out the back of the wagon. Wish I had a picture of it:p

Zuki
04-25-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by tryken
You calling me stupid?

I take offense to that statement.

Me thinks he was just being sarcastic!

TheRedRebel17
04-25-2003, 12:06 PM
ive havce bad cops and cool cops before...a couple of them actually ask what I ride and where i ride.. pretty cool if ya ask me...one had a sportsman 500 and one had a rancher :muscle:

AtvMxRider
04-25-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Hmm, Not sure why it was funny really:huh :confused:

RytM1
04-25-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
b/c we just bought a 2 place trailer and this was gonna be the last time we used that one why put the sticker on for one short trip then peal it off:rolleyes:
So what, if that was the last time you were gonna use the trailer, put the sticker on the plate anyway. Then you could transfer the plates to the new trailer, and they would still be valid.

Rip_Tear
04-25-2003, 02:27 PM
its pretty crazy what some people will do! I have seen 2 snowmobiles in the back of a short box truck before... Just think about it, one doesnt really fit it... Go to www.bored.com (I think) or just look up dumb crimes etc and look at all the stupid people and just wonder!

born-to-race
04-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Did you have a jetski trailor ora just a small one?

I've seen a sea-doo in the back of a pick-up before, had no straps or anything.

Honda4trax250x
04-25-2003, 05:07 PM
its just a little dinky one place trailer

mo.lakota
04-25-2003, 06:14 PM
Thanks for using your time to again start a Cop bashing event over YOUR OWN Laziness in properly affixing the correct license tab to your trailer . You are lucky he was NICE to you and didnt give you a FREINDLY reminder on how to display your tab . I didnt think him asking you that question was such a big deal to post a COP BASHING about but obviously you felt it neccesary to do so .

I wish you had some idea how much training US Stupid Cops go through these days to have our Jobs that help protect you The Public . Do you want to face people armed with knives and guns who want to do harm to others , I dont think so . Do you want to work midnights and weekends , i dont think so . Put yoursef in our shoes before you start bashing us .

I am not angry at you I just wish Cops were not Bashed just because were Cops . We are people to , People doing a Job for the public . true there are butheads in Law Enforcement but there are Buttheads in every line of work .

I hope you had fun attacking Cops because as I am sure you will find out some Day we are some of the best Freinds you can make and WE ride to .
Have a nice day and press hard on the dotted line the third copy is yours .

04-25-2003, 06:21 PM
some cops are dicks u can tell when ur polite and there just being a arsehole

i dont see the funny part in the story let me sum it up u dropped off a jet ski...cop pulled u over and asked if a quad or something was on the trailer? sounds like a legit question, that cop ws prob on the radio saying shahhahaha what a bunch of dip****s:devil

CHAUNCY
04-25-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by born-to-race
Did you have a jetski trailor ora just a small one?

I've seen a sea-doo in the back of a pick-up before, had no straps or anything.

Yeah isnt that on all my crazy friends 2 ?

CHAUNCY
04-25-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
its pretty crazy what some people will do! I have seen 2 snowmobiles in the back of a short box truck before... Just think about it, one doesnt really fit it... Go to www.bored.com (I think) or just look up dumb crimes etc and look at all the stupid people and just wonder!

I was looking up those at some of the crimes are unbelievable!:eek:

Honda4trax250x
04-26-2003, 03:37 AM
lakota for ur info i was not bashing cops i was bashing this one particular cop i am studying to become a police officer i have great respect for them and some of the things they do anyway please dont tell me that this cop wasnt stupid because later on i found out that my uncle was pulled over by the same cop (yes i know quite a coincidence) my uncle was driving a tractor trailer the cop immediately started questioning him about a small club that he had in the cab this was the tire bumber in the morning u hit ur tires with it to see if there is air the guy wouldnt believe him this is a common tool in trucking and that cop should have known that finnally my uncle showed him the manufacturers seal where it said tire bumper and the cop finally backed down
so please Lakota dont tell me this guy wasnt an idiot:rolleyes:

mo.lakota
04-27-2003, 10:19 AM
OHHHH , OK . Boy sure did get me wound up for a Minute . I am just glad i's aint no stupid type Cop .

heh heh Heh . Have a great day .

Jellyrolls
04-27-2003, 10:34 AM
one time a cop stopped me and told me to show him a wheelie...seriously..it was weird

CBRSLIDER
04-27-2003, 03:16 PM
To partially quote Guy's avatar I see "dumb people".

Honda if you are studying to be a police officer then you should have some sort of clue. BUT obviously you don't. His question was absolutely legit. I have seen quads hauled, towed, and transported on everything under the sun.

BUT you decided that you wanted to look cool and had to come on here and tell everyone about being pulled over. Did it make you look cool, bashing that officer? Maybe to the younger crowd, but you looked like an idiot to the rest of us. Stop trying to look cool and leave it alone.

We all get along here quite well. Cops, attorneys(Ben), construction workers, business owners, blue collar workers, etc. SO why spew your BS? Leave your garbage at the door.

Also the tire bumper and any other object can be constured to be a prohibitive offensive weapon. It depends on the legitimacy of the item to the surroundings. AND I have seen the tire bumper used as a small weapon that can inflict serious injury. So once again, a legit question.

Ray

btw-if you haven't figured it out I'm a stupid cop.

mo.lakota
04-28-2003, 04:05 AM
I do know about stupid Cops myself . see I am a cop for the last 12 years . I grew up on a farm in the country and I have did lots of things and seen lots of things . well we got a new breed of Cops coming out of the Academy these days , these boys aint never hunted , camped or killed even an animal but they think they can shoot a Human Being if the time comes for them to do so . They also have no mechanical sense , in that I mean half of them will not even check our cars oil, air or wiper fluid , they take it to the garage saying they dont do such things . i Mean give me a break . we are getting about an 80/20 split of sissy boy types to normal guys . I do know the type of Cop you are talking about cuz I work with some of those types . I mean my 9 year old Daughter has more sense than they do . Most cops coming out of the academy cannot describe a car enough to tell you what kind , make , model it is . Some I work with can describe cars back into the 30s and they are in their 30s , thats my kinda cops . you might not believe this but the best cops are Farm boys who have hunted and worked on cars and are MOTORHEADS . They are just easier to train up rather than these momma raised em in town bunch we have , I mean they are worse than you can imagine and I bet thats the type you ran across .
My main problem is what difference does it make to him what you were hauling , i see no relevance to his question . The deal with the club is a no brainer , he must not have stopped any truckers before . The deal with truckers is they have to use those handily designed TIRE CHECKERS as a weapon since our wonderful politicians dont trust a man with a 200,000 truck full of God knows what cargo that could be stolen to carry a firearm with him . I mean thats stupid to me . I would never arrest a Trucker with a Gun unless he was commiting a Crime with it . Well I am done griping now . Ya'll should come ride with Me , Ya hear .

CUZ'n
04-28-2003, 04:45 AM
hey u want cops to be cool den u need to be reel cool and not be a dick i was once and i got hit:confused2

born-to-race
04-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
Yeah isnt that on all my crazy friends 2 ?

:huh

I saw it on the way to a lake.

zephead400ex
04-28-2003, 09:57 AM
never seen any craziness like this before! this is why people who work with the public have to ask stupid questions...pretty ingenious though!

yamahaCal
04-28-2003, 11:40 AM
ummmmm un markered cars can't give tickets or atleast in new york that is I'm pretty sure

Honda4trax250x
04-28-2003, 11:56 AM
really ???? first ive heard that:rolleyes:

04-28-2003, 03:05 PM
i think hes right the unmarked cars will sit and watch for people not wearing seat belts radio to the cops down the road and they will get u....

Honda4trax250x
04-28-2003, 03:06 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........interesting

mo.lakota
04-28-2003, 05:13 PM
HHHMMMnnn , I think I need to sell that Guy a trailer .

Sparky416ex
05-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Zuki
Me thinks he was just being sarcastic!

me too...look at the smileys...................................LOL