PDA

View Full Version : Do I have the wrong length Shock Covers?

Magicfan25
12-25-2001, 06:42 PM
With my shock covers, they fit around the very top of the shock but dont stretch all the way to the rounded part at the bottom, is it supposed to? It goes a good ways past the springs. I got on each end and jumped up and down which would be full down travel on the suspension and the covers never got caught up in anything and it all seemed to travel fine. Just wondering.. they are Moose covers that velcro on. If they are wrong I need to get them off pronto so they dont get dirty

Chef
12-25-2001, 10:02 PM
I think they're alright...

Tommy 17
12-25-2001, 10:48 PM
they only go to the bottom of the spring and u can still see the metal part under the spring its silver.. this isn't the best pic i have but its a pic of what i am talkin about... look under the black on my shocks u will see what i mean...

DEAL
12-26-2001, 08:19 AM
Shock covers are like condoms , one size fits all.

Poncho
12-26-2001, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by FreeStylexrider
Shock covers are like condoms , one size fits all.

That was good one.

Magicfan25
12-26-2001, 10:47 AM
Ok,thats how mine are ,tehy cover the spring but you can see silver at the bottom. Just wanted to make sure since I'm new to all this. I went and double checked the part numbers last night too, so I'll leave it be. Thanks guys (I need to get a pic with all this stuff on it now)

400EX21...I have that exact same jacket

Blackguywithouta400
12-26-2001, 12:01 PM
But they only make shock covers in one size:D

Tommy 17
12-26-2001, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Magicfan25
Ok,thats how mine are ,tehy cover the spring but you can see silver at the bottom. Just wanted to make sure since I'm new to all this. I went and double checked the part numbers last night too, so I'll leave it be. Thanks guys (I need to get a pic with all this stuff on it now)

400EX21...I have that exact same jacket

is it a columbia bugaboo??? i had that jacket for like 3 years and its lasted forever i love that thing... insides zip out and stuff...

and black guy they wish they only knew hahahahahaha

Magicfan25
12-26-2001, 10:26 PM
i didnt know thats what its called, but ya it has the second black jacket that zips inside the blue/yellow one. When I went to get a jacket i wanted one of the double layer ones...I found about 10 of those jackets that just had the outer jacket...turns out the morons werent tagging the inner jackets so people were zipping it out and wearing it out of the store....