PDA

View Full Version : Professionally Edited Hove Video Feature Movie????? anyone interested?

Wired
04-25-2003, 03:56 AM
hey what do you guys think the popularity level would be at if someone would take everyones home video's and professionaly edit them into a full featured atv film???? comments are needed! thanks

jon

kicker696
04-25-2003, 03:59 AM
it would depend on like where you got all the videos from, and also the quality would be a big factor. Although if it was forsale i would prob. buy it, and i know that if i knew i was in it, i would for sure buy it along with like 6 other copys to give to my friends!

CHAUNCY
04-25-2003, 06:58 AM
I think it would work out. Alot of people would want to be in the movie so they would send in there video's and they would buy the video probably.

QuadJunkies
04-25-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Wired
hey what do you guys think the popularity level would be at if someone would take everyones home video's and professionaly edit them into a full featured atv film???? comments are needed! thanks

jon I think thatwould be WAY cool! Im going to have one for our big trip up to St. A's in July, if this should fly, let me know...It will have a few of us Exriders in it too!:blah

Mxbubs
04-25-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Wired

jon

Hey John. We need to get together on this. I just got a MONSTER media PC. I got a full analog/digital capture video card. It rocks. I am recording straight off my digital satellite signal, but I dont like my video editing program....Know of any GOOD PROFESSIONAL programs? What are you using?

I will be putting together some videos of me and my friends riding soon......Id like to see what you got.

Know of any good File Transfer Protocol programs we can use to send out big files to each other?

trx400ex
04-25-2003, 09:07 AM
as long as its not 3 ft jumps with a bunch of kids on blasters.....sounds kinda neat

Ballistic Atv
04-25-2003, 10:25 AM
That sounds like an awesome idea Jon, I think alot of people would be interested in it.
I make atv movies with my friends and me. And i also edit their home videos for them.
I use adobe premiere for windows.
But if you have a mac i would reccomend final cut pro.

Wired
04-25-2003, 01:45 PM
well im not personally going to be doing it but i guy i know really wants to try it soon. all the editing will be done by a guy currently working on films here in newport beach. i should be able to let everyone know by next week if we're going to do this.

Rip_Tear
04-25-2003, 02:21 PM
It would be pretty cool. The videos would have to be good quality and not just tiny clips :D Sounds like a good idea though :D

PhilMoore
04-25-2003, 02:31 PM
I just got my Mac set up for importing VHS to DVD. I got a dual 1.25 GHZ power mac with 768MB RAM, and a 160GB harddisk to download video to (10 min of VHS takes 2 gigabytes on disk)

I am using the Imovie software that came with it until I get used to it. I might get Final Cut if the demand arises. Pro costs $1000 and the Xpress version cost $299, so I won't be gettin that unless I need to. It took me about 8 hours of work to make my first 60 minute video and picture slideshow disk.

All I can say is, the finished product is only as good as the original footage. You can edit out (remove) bad stuff, but you can't re-focus or fix much if the overall quality is poor.

Playing VHS or TV on the computer monitor is not that great, unless you shrink it down to a small window. When you blow it up to 1280x1024 it becomes really crappy looking. This is because the VHS is recorded at a low res then interlaced on a normal TV. Playing the DVD back on the TV looks about the same as the original though.

Jon, it sounds like you have a good idea there. Editing takes so much stinkin time though, you would be working for like 20 cents an hour unless you are really good! You should definately try it though.

Good Luck! :)

Phil

04-25-2003, 02:51 PM
hey jon, i think which would be a better idea is to get with some unknown guys and have people send in video clips like dana nicholson does and mix it all up , crusty are #1:scary:

kicker696
04-26-2003, 09:47 PM
hey, i just had a quick idea, dunno how well it would work, or if it is even a good idea for that matter, but still it is an idea! Have a dvd and have riders from all 50 states, like maybe a 10 minute section per state, i know that would make for a long movie, so don't make it one solid movie, make each one like there own chapter on the dvd, almost like small films with in the big picture u know? call it like underground america or somthing like that. just amateurs and no pros. It was just an idea.

About the editing software someone asked about, look into silver, i don't know for sure who makes it, but it is an excellent program. If your really into editing videos, then look into getting a six-o-one computer and have silver put on to it. That, along with the extra memory to store the video would run ya about 25,000 though, and yes i do have the zeros correct, 25 thousand for the system.