PDA

View Full Version : sound check...

zephead400ex
04-25-2003, 03:41 AM
Check out the decibles of your quad...I think some of us are in trouble!

http://www.oohva.org/pages/What%20Works%20for%20Sound.html

peace

04-25-2003, 04:03 AM
Led Zep rocks, man!!! Led for the head... Get the Led out... I love my outlaw country, but there is always a place for some Led Zep and the Doors.

zephead400ex
04-25-2003, 04:33 AM
Led Zeppelin!!! The Doors kick ***** too! Jim Morrison the Lizard King, he did a lot of peyote! :)

sorry to say man, but I cant agree with the hick country...just cant do it!

AndreS
04-25-2003, 09:54 AM
yeah, oregon dunes has the most strict sound check of anywhere i've seen & it is exactly as described on that page. i ride there occasionally, and they have cops on it all the time.
one time i was in the staging area at spinreel and a cop(not a sound check cop) came through and saw some dirty oil on the back of my silencer, told me i should repack it... he stuck around until i pulled packing & tools out & started taking the muffler off.... after he left i bolted it back on & went riding... haven't got a ticket yet.
i have since bought a clip-on tach, and sound pressure level meter... i can do it myself now.

CHAUNCY
04-25-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by AndreS
have since bought a clip-on tach, and sound pressure level meter... i can do it myself now.

Where can I get the tools to do this myself and how do you check ? Dont you have to hold it at a 45 degree angle so many inches away ?

airheadedduner
04-25-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
Where can I get the tools to do this myself and how do you check ? Dont you have to hold it at a 45 degree angle so many inches away ?
You can get a DB meter from radio shack and a small handheld tach from a chainsaw shop.

I never see the sound cops anymore. I havn't been tested in 2 years. I know I am too loud though:devil

Narly R
04-25-2003, 05:33 PM
Yea Iv only seen cops over there twice! Once at spinreel, and at Winchester, acually a lot on that trip to winchester, but it was the 4th!:devil Out warrior is too loud I think, but I dont need to worry about my r! Stock pipe baby!

hey airheadeddunner, where at in oregon are ya? would you want to come to the dunes Middle of next month? You too AndreS!!!!:confused: It will be fun! It will be the first ytrip with the new 350! im lookin foward to roostin some banshees and raptors!!!!!! ewwwwwww I cant wait!!!!!!!!:devil

Glow Plug
04-25-2003, 05:37 PM
meh i'm never gonig there anywyas so

CHAUNCY
04-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
You can get a DB meter from radio shack and a small handheld tach from a chainsaw shop.

I never see the sound cops anymore. I havn't been tested in 2 years. I know I am too loud though:devil

Cool, thanks. They started testing sound at the beggining of 03' at one of my riding spots. They never check, but I know I'm too loud.

AndreS
04-25-2003, 10:43 PM
i got my tach from GI joes (they had it in an automotive tool catalog so i ordered it in) and the sound level meter from Radio Shack... i went cheap & didn't get the digital one, but it still does the job

i plan on going to the dunes for memorial day weekend...

Narly R
04-26-2003, 06:47 AM
well were going to go about 10 days before that, wed prolly be able to go then, but theres usually A LOT of people out there then, just not as much fun!:rolleyes:

airheadedduner
04-28-2003, 05:35 AM
I live east of salem, about 3 1/2 hours from florence. I don't have any long rides planned till late july. If you decide to go on a weekend drop me a PM and I may be able to swing over for a day of rideing. All my R needs now to be ridable is a ball joint, but god knows what leager's wants for one:p

400exrules
04-28-2003, 11:48 AM
:eek2: look at the bombardier witha rotax:huh

toby400ex
04-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Good thing i never get to ride, ohterwise i might get a ticket for a noisey pipe.:huh :blah

CHAUNCY
04-28-2003, 02:38 PM
I went riding yesterday and they didnt check how loud bikes or quads were. Over 50 percent of the people wouldnt pass anyways:rolleyes:

Narly R
04-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Hey CHAUNCY, are you in wasington? i think I alredy asked you this, but Im too ndumb to remember. But if ya are would ya want to go to the dunes by Coos Bay middle of next month?