View Full Version : wheel spacers for flattrackin.

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 04:28 PM
Ok, Im going to run the 400ex in the fall, and I have someone who is going to make a set of spacers for me to try..I was wondering if you all who have raced flattrack,give me sizing that would work beast... Would it be +4 and +2 rear?:confused: eventually Im sure Ill get a wider rear axle and maybe a-arms, but its gonna be ahwile before I can afford all that with us both having to set up for the track..Thanks..... :)

lil400exman
04-25-2003, 02:13 AM
things to invest for i reccomend 300ex shocks for the front it will lower you a great amount wheel spacers for the front and rear and a swaybar for the front and a lowering bar for the erar is my reccomendations.................:)

QuadJunkies
04-25-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
things to invest for i reccomend 300ex shocks for the front it will lower you a great amount wheel spacers for the front and rear and a swaybar for the front and a lowering bar for the erar is my reccomendations.................:)
Yes, I plan on sway bar and spacers, and a lowering kit as weel, but was trying to come up with the appopriate sixing on the spacers.. So I was told last night,....+2 in the front(to make it a +4) and a +2 in the rear..Am I correct ???

lil400exman
04-25-2003, 03:38 AM
sixing on the spacers.. So I was told last night,....+ in the front(to make it a +4) and a +2 in the rear..Am I correct ??? [/B][/QUOTE]

i dunno how much space your talkin about so i cant help ya but i know alot of guys run stock 300ex shocks and that makes em squat like a sumo wrestler:p

QuadJunkies
04-25-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
sixing on the spacers.. So I was told last night,....+ in the front(to make it a +4) and a +2 in the rear..Am I correct ???

i dunno how much space your talkin about so i cant help ya but i know alot of guys run stock 300ex shocks and that makes em squat like a sumo wrestler:p [/B][/QUOTE] we actually tried this with my 300ex shcks before I sold my 300 and put them on the 400 and it didnt do so well :o maybe was cause it needed spaders and a combo of other things. but It really did much betterwith the 400ex shocks in thesecoind race. I apprecaite your help......;)

lil400exman
04-25-2003, 04:48 AM
yes spacers will help qj but i reccomend offest wheels...................alot cleaner easier to mount and it doesnt stess the bolts like spacers do.......................;) i am now understanding what you are asking now.................:)