PDA

View Full Version : ????? about Gear

300EXRocket
04-24-2003, 06:50 AM
I've been looking to pick up some riding pants and boots and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions. I can't decide on what style pants to get, I think I would prefer to get pants that go over the boot, to help cut down on the scratches on the plastic. I let my buddy ride my quad last weekend and he scratched the hell out of the sides of my plastic with his boots. Also while looking at teh different brands and types of boots, I noticed that some are offered with an ATV sole, what's the difference between that and the regular sole?

I guess, the point of my post is to get suggestions on what type of gear to get, without breaking the bank. Thanks.

Moto92
04-24-2003, 07:08 AM
The problem with over the boot pants is then the top of the boot will rub your shin raw. I have a pair of LBZ and I have to wear shin guards (which I dont like) when I wear them. I prefer my Thor mx pants that go inside the boot.
As far as sole the atv is more like a work boot sole which is better for getting off the quad and walking around in the woods. With the other sole its more flat and really offers not traction if you are walking on a hill for instance. So go with some atv soles.

Doibugu2
04-24-2003, 07:15 AM
I just bout gear for the first time. My buddy got over the pant boots and he tucked his in too, bucause he legs were itching.

I have tuck in pants, and I have not noticed that anything was getting scratched. Most of the inside of my boot is pretty smooth so maybe thats why.

I asked the same thing about the sole, and there is a thread about it. Some good responses in there. I did get the regular sole, and mine is not that smooth. There is plenty of grip, so I wouldn't worry to much about that.

I do suggest not getting white clothing. I got mostly black with a white strip and it is already starting to look like crap. Cannot get the stains out.

UglyMotha™
04-24-2003, 07:24 AM
i prefer the OTB pants for that clean sleek look that's all i pretty much wear i wear a pair of the fox dry wick socks and they come up to my knee there pretty thick too and i have no problems with my shin gettin rubbed raw

lil400exman
04-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha
i prefer the OTB pants for that clean sleek look that's all i pretty much wear i wear a pair of the fox dry wick socks and they come up to my knee there pretty thick too and i have no problems with my shin gettin rubbed raw

well arent you special? lol......................:eek: :mad:

UglyMotha™
04-24-2003, 08:15 AM

toby400ex
04-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Some big riding boot socks help out them itchy legs.;)

CHAUNCY
04-24-2003, 11:29 AM
I have pants that go underneath the boots. My plastic doesnt seem to get all scratched up:confused: It's just my personal preference to have pantsthat go under the boot.

hessianmx111
04-24-2003, 12:46 PM
i have a pair of shift squadrons that zip into shorts and thats the only way i ever wear em and havent had any problems with scratched plastic i also have some thor in the boot pants and they havent caused any scratching either. as far as boots id say get the thor t-30s they look nice have good support and wont break the bank. the atv sole doesnt really matter cause i have the t-20s(last years model that was replaced with the t-30s) with reg sole and its got plenty of traction

MojaveKing
04-24-2003, 01:40 PM
???.....? for u GNCC racers....u guys have the Atv Sole?? and....what kind of pant...inside or outside of boots...
thank