PDA

View Full Version : College Education?

JustRace
04-24-2003, 04:22 AM
I just got out of chem and am sitting here bored out of my mind and was wondering what college degrees you people have and how many years you went to college?

(no a degree in BS'ing does not count i know many of you have that one)

Doibugu2
04-24-2003, 04:26 AM
Degree in Accounting. Took 5 years.

As stupid as it sounds, stick with it. It will pay off. My buddy who does not have a degree and who is still pretty smart already makes $10k less than me. And I am not at a high paying position. I am also only 4 years out of school.

jaywoodsrider
04-24-2003, 04:28 AM
I'm halfway done with my 21 month education. I will be getting an associates in applied science from Indian Hills Community College. Oh yeah, I'm studying robots.

JustRace
04-24-2003, 04:50 AM
Well i am going for an associates degree in criminal justice. I would have been done this month, but long story short college made a couple mistakes (cancelled required classes :rolleyes: ) and now i have to take those classes next fall. I will also be over half way done with an associates in business management too though.

XANDADA
04-24-2003, 05:09 AM
Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing. Took six years at KSU. Partied the first two years away before finally getting my rear in gear. Best two years of my life. I've taken a few graduate classes too but looong way to go to get Masters.

nutcase
04-24-2003, 05:14 AM
degree in enviromental engineering technolgy, 5.5 yrs

YLW400
04-24-2003, 05:16 AM
I am studying for a 2 year degree in Electro-mechanical engineering.........That should take about 9 years.:rolleyes:

oldsandman
04-24-2003, 05:17 AM
History with a poli-sci minor from Cal. It took six years but it was a great expierance. Get the degree it will open doors at first when you are young but later what you have done determines what you make.

oynot400
04-24-2003, 05:23 AM
I got a BS in Ag Systems Tech at Iowa State. I would of been done in 4 years if I did not go to Kirkwood part time for a year. I also took summer classes to get done sooner. :)

MXQUAD294
04-24-2003, 05:57 AM
I have a B.S. in Ag. Business with emphasis on Animal Science. And I just finished my first semester working towards a Master's in Animal Science.

rider#15
04-24-2003, 06:18 AM
I'm in school right now workin on an electrical engineering degree. It's pretty hard but I'm only a fresman. I'm having to take chemistry this semester to. And finals are almost here! But ya gotta look on the bright side. Right after finals comes summer and I get to move out of these godforsaken dorms.:D

sharpshooter
04-24-2003, 07:01 AM
Biology degree from the University of Delaware.It took 5 years [changed major]and went to a few parties.

PDunes300ex
04-24-2003, 08:05 AM
Just transferred to Cal Poly for Art and Design with a concentration in Photography. Figured if i have to go to school might as well be something i enjoy. Getting degree definately doesn't mean you'll get a great job but it's worth it for the people you meet and opportunities you get only in college. Having a degree and not using it is still a billion times better than looking back on life and wishing you had just stayed in school

TORO1968
04-24-2003, 08:18 AM
I'm finishing up at Purdue this semsester...getting my bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering technology! :D

I'll be back in school soon for my master's (probably an MBA, maybe an MSIA, or a master's in manufacturing engineering)...Luckily my new employer is gonna pay for it all!!

I'm not really sure where I'm gonna go though to get my master's degree...Probably Purdue, Northwestern, Case Western Reserve, Syracuse, or some other good school...I shouldn't have any problems getting in, I'm fighting those schools off right now as it is...I'm always like, "Leave me alone! I already have a job!!" :D

My bachelor's has taken me 5 years to complete since I decided to switch majors about a year and a half in. But those 5 years have been well worth it...I've had the best time of my life in college.

-Jordan

infantry317
04-24-2003, 08:20 AM
2yr. mechanical design & drafting degree.

jcv400ex
04-24-2003, 08:28 AM
2 year degree Mechcanical Engineering from Tri-Angle Tech....don't recommend that place. I coulda went to Penn State for almost 3 years on the money I spent there in 18 months....but I didn't have to take any English courses or social studies....

Now I'm a sales engineer....I only fire up Autocadd maybe once a week....:ermm:

TRX250X
04-24-2003, 09:00 AM
I'm working towards a Soil and Crop Management Degree right now at Purdue. I probably have a year and a half left to go.

GETSOME
04-24-2003, 09:31 AM
BS Construction Engineering Management from Oregon State University, only 2 months away from graduation. Took me 5 years. Engineering is not for everyone, I about went insane my junior year!!

zephead400ex
04-24-2003, 10:35 AM
I am finishing up my Associate, majoring in Psychology. I hope to become an Addiction Therapist!

Maybe I can give some of you, including myself , some therapy for our quad addiction!

peace

hawiianpwr
04-24-2003, 10:40 AM
I got into the Electrical Union. Local #22. They have a 5 year appentice program. I'm just finishing up my 3rd and I go two nights a week. I like it because I work full time while I'm going to school and when I get out I won't have to worry about paying $50000 in college debt.

p@iNn3ck
04-24-2003, 11:01 AM
I remember those college days.... enjoy em while they last.... I know I did. After gettin kicked out for grades (1.2 gpa lol) I came back and got my BS in Computer Information Systems and a minor in International Business. Took 6 years total, 4 for the degree, 1 to skip class, and 1 to earn some money to go back.

250exer
04-24-2003, 11:30 AM
BA in Sociology from the Univ of MN. Took 5 years.

Now I run a Distribution Center.

batgeek
04-24-2003, 12:21 PM
BS Applied Psychology from SDSU. BS Electrical Engineering from Old Dominion Univ. ME Operations Research & Systems Analysis from Old Dominion Univ.

yeah, i was a busy guy :)

am now employed as a Systems Engineer for Raytheon systems Company.

Mx300exRyder
04-25-2003, 05:07 PM
I have one more year of a 2 year course (taking 4 years due to working to pay my way) in Computer Networking and trouble shooting.

FastHonda400ex
04-25-2003, 08:28 PM
I'm almost done with 2 years of college for 2 degrees, 1 AAAS in Computer Repair and Support and 1 AAAS in CCNA Computer Networking. I graduate in 6 weeks:D and can't wait to be making some good $$ so I can afford more toys.LOL

Mxbubs
04-25-2003, 11:10 PM
Go to COLLEGE! But, go for something there is a demand for.

Leo
04-26-2003, 01:12 AM
Made it about 3 semesters through a mechanical engineering program, got my arse kicked by statistical quality control, and budweiser.. :D wound up taking a 'vacation' for a semester or so due to my stunning 0.0 GPA (BEAT THAT!)..

Wound up with an AAS in Auto Tech.. Intended to go on, but life got in the way ;) Shouldn't complain though, doing pretty good now..

If I had to do it all over again, I'd do a stint in the armed forces before doing anything else. After I got booted out of college the first time I almost joined the air force. Probably the only thing in my life that I regret not doing.

Leo

Guy400
04-26-2003, 01:21 AM
I have an Associate's Degree in Business Management and am 96 credit hours into the 120 I need for a Bachelor's. I stopped going to college 5 years ago and can't bring myself to finishing the rest.

bsb64
04-26-2003, 02:07 AM
I had 3 years under my belt towards a Poly Sci degree. All while working full time. Burned out, couldn't take the stress anymore. Got married had 4 kids and after about 10 years I went back and finished the degree. I still don't use it though. I have a job in a refinery and after looking around I realized I'd have to cut my pay in half to start over with a job related to my degree.

Two things I have learned. One, you don't have to get a degree to make good money. As long as you pick a skilled trade or career and excel at it. Two, if you're going to get a degree get one that is in demand and pays good$$$, LOL. I tell my kids science and math, science and math, science and math. Liberal arts degrees are interesting but usually don't pay much....

ajr400ex
04-26-2003, 02:23 AM
BS in Mechanical Engineering from OSU. Took almost 6 yrs. with about 2yrs. of co-op experience to help pay for it. Definitely alot of work but well worth it. It opened alot of doors. I also competed in several design/build competitions against other universities. We built a small baja vehicle and formula car from the ground up - design, fabrication, etc. Alot of fun racing something that you designed and built. Now I work at P&G as a project engineer.

I agree with Mxbubs - go for something there is a demand for.

300exazzkikr
04-26-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by ajr400ex
BS in Mechanical Engineering from OSU. Took almost 6 yrs. with about 2yrs. of co-op experience to help pay for it. Definitely alot of work but well worth it. It opened alot of doors. I also competed in several design/build competitions against other universities. We built a small baja vehicle and formula car from the ground up - design, fabrication, etc. Alot of fun racing something that you designed and built. Now I work at P&G as a project engineer.

I agree with Mxbubs - go for something there is a demand for.

Thats what i'm doing now, just a little frosh..:rolleyes: ..but yeah BS in Mechanical Engineering at New Jersey Institute of Technology. Right now i'm building the baja car and the school discontinued the formula car because it costs so much to build. We'll be competing June 6th in Ohio for the baja..:macho ..we should do pretty well this year if we finish the car..lol..

Quad18star
04-26-2003, 09:01 AM
Going to get a Degree in Civil Engineering . Should take me another 4 years . Almost done my first year now and god i HATE math now . After that I'm going to take Business Management . $$$$$$$$$$$