PDA

View Full Version : Digicam Help

"BLAHH"300!!
04-23-2003, 09:55 PM
i bought a digicam tonite.
it's cheep wal-mart cam, but it'll take a pic so i can show this thing off.

how do i view th epics i have already taken. it doesn't have a place where i can see the pics untill i get them on the pc.
(cheep cam $40)
i have it plugged into my usb port now, do i need to go into my system somewhere?
it came with 2 cd-rom disks. one for video, one for pics.
i open the one for pics, but i don't see how it works, can't upload them....

HELP...i'll prolly take this thing back, but i want a few pics of it before i do..

p@iNn3ck
04-24-2003, 03:24 AM
Check in "My Computer".... if the camera is recognized, there should be a new "drive" listed there. You can open that and copy the pictures from there over to your harddrive.

If it doesn't work that way, we got my son a cheap one, and it could only upload pics with the included program (or another app that could import from a twain device.)

Otherwise, check on the cd's you got and see if there are instructions.

"BLAHH"300!!
04-25-2003, 10:21 AM
man, this cam just killed my computer....i loaded the disk, to get the pics up, got tired of fooling with it, and went to bed.
woke up and my computer was froze...no biggie does it all the time.
but when i rebooted, there where a whole buncha error's, i had to reinstall windows....everyting is in it's basic form.
my mouse doesn't move fast,. it just creeps along, i only have 16-color's, so a warrning keeps popping up...(must use 256 color's or more).....

DO NOT BUY...a VGA PEN CAM from wal-mart, it's made by,, AIPTEX....it was only 30, i figured what the hellll....it's get at least one pic up of my bike....sh...this is shty...i'm useing AOL 4.0 RIGHT NOW...i have to reload everything....one good thing, i had a virus, and i think it's gone now....so....

ANY TIPS ON GETTING THINGS BACK IN ORDER?

RESETTING MY COLOR
MAKING MY MOUSE FASTER
SMOOTHING OUT THE SCREEN, (I CAN SEE A GRID)

blondie69
04-25-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by "BLAHH"300!!
ANY TIPS ON GETTING THINGS BACK IN ORDER?

RESETTING MY COLOR
MAKING MY MOUSE FASTER
SMOOTHING OUT THE SCREEN, (I CAN SEE A GRID)

for your color u probably could go right click, properties, settings, true color 32 or 16, watever.

for your mouse go to start, settings, control panel, mouse, pointer options, adjust your pointer speed.

as for smoothing out the screen....:huh

if u need anything else, i'll be glad to try n help :p

PhilMoore
04-25-2003, 03:32 PM
Oh man, NEVER reinstall Windows. I know it is too late for blah300, but everyone else, DON'T DO IT!!!

It sounds like you need to reload your video driver. If you have disk for it great, if not you will need to find out what video card you have and go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest video driver, and possibly Microsoft DirectX 8 or higher. . The best thing to do if software hoses your system, is to boot to safe mode and uninstall the offending crap, uh, I mean software.

I hope you have a cable or dsl cuz the drivers can be obscenely obese. All I can say is good luck man.

phil