PDA

View Full Version : Should I Buy The Predator ???

Ryan300exRider
04-23-2003, 03:50 PM
Hey guys i went to my local dealer today and looked at the predators.....I was amazed....My question is that all my friends and alot off ppl around here are saying dont get it its to early and you wont even notice the power around here. Now, i ride all trails and lots of hill climbing....Im wondering is it worth it to buy the predator....soon as i buy it also i will be getting a pipe for it.....Post your thoughts on my situation n how you feel about the pred. Thanks !
:devil

CHAUNCY
04-23-2003, 04:05 PM
If you are going from a 300ex to a predator I think you might be able to notice a difeerence in power. I dont know how well it handles. There are a couple people on here that you could ask questions about the pred. There is also a couple of threads in the non-honda forum about the pred

Brad
04-23-2003, 04:08 PM
im seriously impressed with the pred and i really suggest getting one. there not too loud(stock pipe) but VERY powerful my friend has a troy lee one and my other friends gettin one tomorro i think with a hmf pipe you will be the best hill climber out there. they also have awesome shocks stock and come with razrs. i highly suggest the pred

QuadJunkies
04-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Ryan300exRider
Hey guys i went to my local dealer today and looked at the predators.....I was amazed....My question is that all my friends and alot off ppl around here are saying dont get it its to early and you wont even notice the power around here. Now, i ride all trails and lots of hill climbing....Im wondering is it worth it to buy the predator....soon as i buy it also i will be getting a pipe for it.....Post your thoughts on my situation n how you feel about the pred. Thanks !
:devil You should go look in the non honda forum, there is lots of threads on this topic...:D I am partial......:devil I say GO FOR IT!!!:blah

RuffRyder400ex
04-24-2003, 01:53 AM
you should definetly get a predator.

Bud88
04-24-2003, 04:45 AM
i love the way a predator handles they have a lot of power they hill climb really well i think better then my 400ex by a long shot they corner like a dream there great for long distance rides as far as comfort goes my friend has had one for about 2 months now but he has to bring back tto the shop he lost 4th gear on it kind of a bummer but polaris is good with warenties id say go with it youl love it

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Bud88
i love the way a predator handles they have a lot of power they hill climb really well i think better then my 400ex by a long shot they corner like a dream there great for long distance rides as far as comfort goes my friend has had one for about 2 months now but he has to bring back tto the shop he lost 4th gear on it kind of a bummer but polaris is good with warenties id say go with it youl love it I was just curious.. does your friend use his clutch much? a lot power shift for racing and draggin and finding that a common for the Raptor and the Predator if using an aggressive shifting pattern...And yes.. Polaris has been very good about there warrenty so far,never heard a bad thing yet..;) Ours is running like a champ:macho

Luzinski
04-24-2003, 06:50 AM
I don't have a predator, but I do have a 325 Magnum 4x4 Polaris and my friend had two polaris quads. One of them had about 10 hours on it and blew a hole in the engine. The dealership gave him the complete run around and took about a month to get it back to him. At first they were not going to honor the warranty , but they finally did. This happened his first ride after his first service. They also tried to charge him for a valve job he did not ask for. Most of my experiences with Polaris have been ok , but they have not known their own products vary well. I'm not bashing Polaris or saying that they are all bad, this was just my experience with two completely different dealerships/ service departments. Take it for what its worth. The service shop where we bought the Polaris's from sold my friend 2- stroke oil for his 4- stroke.

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Luzinski
I don't have a predator, but I do have a 325 Magnum 4x4 Polaris and my friend had two polaris quads. One of them had about 10 hours on it and blew a hole in the engine. The dealership gave him the complete run around and took about a month to get it back to him. At first they were not going to honor the warranty , but they finally did. This happened his first ride after his first service. They also tried to charge him for a valve job he did not ask for. Most of my experiences with Polaris have been ok , but they have not known their own products vary well. I'm not bashing Polaris or saying that they are all bad, this was just my experience with two completely different dealerships/ service departments. Take it for what its worth. The service shop where we bought the Polaris's from sold my friend 2- stroke oil for his 4- stroke. I think with any maunfactureer yor gonna have a little bit of probelms one way or another... You sgould have seen what my friend (Rapton Rules) just went trew on his Yami.what a joke!:eek: I just make sure I keep a log of dates, and all maintenance done, who the mechanic was I dealt with(if work is done other than ourselves)

crap-banshee32
04-24-2003, 11:52 AM
get the preditor, they are sweet!!

QuadJunkies
04-24-2003, 03:34 PM
I just recieved a phone call from Yoshi that ther epipe is now for sale and wanted to see if we wnted to buy one. I have a graph on the pipe if anyone is interested.....:D

Honda4trax250x
04-24-2003, 03:35 PM
if i wasnt broke i would buy the predator those things are nice:blah