PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Racing Fat Boy 4 pipe for 400ex?

j37
04-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Im having my engine rebuilt which im having bored to a 416 and getting an aftermarket cam. I still have the stock exhaust system and I want to get an aftermarket exhaust system. I want to get the Duncan Racing Fat Boy 4 exhaust when I get the money. Ive heard that this is the best full system pipe to get. What are your opinions about the pipe that have them? Do you think that it will help alot with the engine work that im having done? Is it worth the money or should I look into getting a different exhaust system? Thanks.

Big - D Racing
04-23-2003, 06:23 PM
Excellent pipe. I run Curtis Sparks X-6 which was out before the Fatboy4 so I got it. If my x-6 starts to wear out and perform like crap I will get the fatboy. So far the x-6 has performed perfect and still looks almost new with over a year on it, so it will be a while until I get a fatboy. Both pipes x-6 and the fatboy are very comperable.

j37
04-24-2003, 03:47 PM
Yeah ive heard that the Curtis Sparks X-6 pipes gives you quite a bit of power in pipe shootouts and stuff. People have been telling me that the Fatboy 4 is one of the best pipes and has good instructions with it and stuff. Maybe ill look into an X-6 ill see what other responses I get.

Dune Surfer
04-26-2003, 04:04 PM
I have a fatboy and engine mods and love it. Very well made, heavy duty. I was suprised at the increase in power over a slip on. It is a mid to top end pipe. You hit the midrange and it starts to pull HARD. I highly recomend it. If you get the turn down and spark arrestor. it is not super loud. It will help ypour motor breath big time. Buy it youl like it!!!

hawiianpwr
04-26-2003, 06:41 PM
Yeah that'll be my next pipe. Hey dune surfer how loud is it? Does it make a good unique sound? Where did you get it from and how much did it run for the whole pipe? Thanks

Dune Surfer
04-26-2003, 06:48 PM
It sounds good, not as loud as the sparks. It sounds tough. It was about $500

hawiianpwr
04-27-2003, 06:20 AM
Cool thanks

Glamis400ex
04-27-2003, 11:29 AM
hehehe....you want tough sounding??? Ask Dune Surfer what a full DMC sounds like...:devil

Glamis

Dune Surfer
04-27-2003, 12:23 PM
so loud you have to wear earplugs. When we were riding his dmc was so loud he wore earplugs. To loud for me:huh

hawiianpwr
04-27-2003, 03:31 PM
yeah that would kinda suck. Right now I have a fmf powercore4 pipe on mine and after a long day of riding it kinda gets to ya