PDA

View Full Version : Which companies make pipes for the YZF 426 (quad version)??

400exBro
04-23-2003, 10:37 AM
i am looking for peoples opions on which pipe to use for the yzf 426, i the ex frame??
i now that Trinty makes one but from what i heard from Forum that there costumer service sucks and wait time is treble i am not going with a trinty pipe...
I heard somewhere that TC also makes one, who else does?? i would like to go with a full system too... and which one do you feel produces the best sound and adds some hp too??

And another yzf question, i seen that Bubs used a FCR 39mm carb, is that a 400ex carb or is it a yzf 426 carb??

thanks for your help..

mxracer111
04-23-2003, 12:09 PM
i dont know of any companies that make a system for the conversion.... i actually made my own. but i do have an exhtra used exhaust for this conversion. it is a custom made headpipe with a White Bros. silencer for the yz motor in an ex frame. it is in great shape and ran really well. it is just dirty...i can clean it up before i ship it. i will sell it for $200 + shipping. let me know if you are interested. only reason i made a new one is cause i wanted to try out a TC silencer and I now have a titanium header.

OutlawEX
04-23-2003, 12:47 PM
I got mine from Power Pro's..They do all TC,Trinity,CT and graydons work..I paid 450 + ship..Nothing but postive

400exBro
04-23-2003, 01:12 PM
outlaw are you running the yzf with the oil cooler block off thingy ??

i don't see how this is too good for the engine since the oil lubracates all parts of the engine... i believe that it would be a lot better for the engine if it was able to cool and re enter the engine, cleaner and cooler then when it is constanly lubing and collecting particals...

just my .2 cents, i will be running a oil tank... maybe use the stock ex one or build my own, not to sure yet... if you use the stock oil tank can you use the oil cooler as well so the oil cools down a lot faster?? or will the radiator block flow from the oil cooler(oil rad, from stock ex)

mxracer111
04-23-2003, 01:26 PM
here is a pic of the walsh radiator that i am running in mine.... i have a large capacity oil cooler on the back of it.... i have a custom made aluminum oiltank that sits inside the frame rails under the rad. allowing that extra room to run the large rad. and oil cooler without cutting the frame.
i actually just had another one made for a guy that i am picking up this weekend.... the guy that ordered it has not paid me or contacted me back lately....so if i dont hear from him by the time i have the tank ...it is up for grabs.... first $250 takes it

bradley300
04-23-2003, 07:03 PM
just use a 400ex silencer, yz header and find any competent muffler shop, they can make you a midpipe. i have read in mags that nothing works betterr than a stock 426 carb

400exBro
04-24-2003, 10:00 AM
bump!!!!

400exBro
05-01-2003, 10:39 AM
BUMP!!!

i see GT thunder is making one for the CRF 450, do they plan on making one for the 426??

now i am thinking about using the crf, becuase everyone(only 2 so far) have built yzf 426, and no crf, so maybe i will do the crf becuase i don't like to copy other people quads...

has anyone ever riden a crf?? does it have the same pull like the 426?

ridered03
05-01-2003, 11:33 AM
you guys that are putting yz 426 motors in you 400's about how much did it costs for the project and what were some of the harder parts of it. i wanted to stick a crf in my 400ex but they are to hard to come buy, cheep. so if you could just tell me about how much it might be and how hard it would be, thanks.

OutlawEX
05-01-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
outlaw are you running the yzf with the oil cooler block off thingy ??

i don't see how this is too good for the engine since the oil lubracates all parts of the engine... i believe that it would be a lot better for the engine if it was able to cool and re enter the engine, cleaner and cooler then when it is constanly lubing and collecting particals...

just my .2 cents, i will be running a oil tank... maybe use the stock ex one or build my own, not to sure yet... if you use the stock oil tank can you use the oil cooler as well so the oil cools down a lot faster?? or will the radiator block flow from the oil cooler(oil rad, from stock ex)

You got it all wrong man,lol...I didnt have my oil tank in the frame when the pics were taken..Im running the same type of oil tank as MXracer111 so i dont got to cut the frame so it weakens:blah

400exBro
05-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
You got it all wrong man,lol...I didnt have my oil tank in the frame when the pics were taken..Im running the same type of oil tank as MXracer111 so i dont got to cut the frame so it weakens:blah

ya that is actually a good idea... i think i will be looking into doing that instead..

i look at our z-400 and saw that the mounting is the exact same as the yzf 426, the way the rad is, and the oil tank, rad is above oil tank, just like you are doing...

BTW- i e-mailed you about the rpm axle...

OutlawEX
05-01-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
ya that is actually a good idea... i think i will be looking into doing that instead..

i look at our z-400 and saw that the mounting is the exact same as the yzf 426, the way the rad is, and the oil tank, rad is above oil tank, just like you are doing...

BTW- i e-mailed you about the rpm axle...

Ya i emailed you back :blah

nick23
05-01-2003, 02:22 PM
BALDWIN MOTORSPORTS OR EXODUS CYCLES!