PDA

View Full Version : Mud Machine A/T ??

schism_rhs
04-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Is anyone currently running this tire on their 300ex or 250x ? Or know someone who is ? I'm looking for some input on how well this tire actually preforms in the mud on 2 wheel drive bikes. The copmany claims it is designed specifically for most 2wd sports, and I'm looking for something that will be worth while.

The tire is at the top of the list on this web page for those who are interested:
http://www.mudtires.com/mt_cat1j.html

Thanks,
Chuck

Doibugu2
04-23-2003, 09:41 AM
don't have any experience and couldn't see the pic, but why if it is a mud tire why would they ride it the desert? Also why is it only 4ply. Seems kind of odd.

schism_rhs
04-23-2003, 10:32 AM
Well lots of mud tires are 4ply, nothing odd about that. I could see asking questions if it was 2 ply or something. Lots of people will ride mud tires that have paddles in the desert though because lots of them work.

Doibugu2
04-23-2003, 10:36 AM
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, just thought it was odd.

If you say its a mud tire, why test it in the desert? Seems odd to me. You cannot tell me riding in sand is anything like riding in the mud. Were we ride we share our trails with 4x4 trucks. We sometimes have to ride to 2 feet deep ruts with water. How does riding in the sand compare to that.

Thats all I'm trying to say. Like I said before, I have never seen them or ridden on them. Just giving my 2 cents.

02Yellow400
04-23-2003, 10:41 AM
I run 20 inch blackwaters on my 400. They are an awesome tire

schism_rhs
04-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Well it does say desert, but it says nothing about sand. If you read it again thats pretty clear. The statement is meant to attest to the tires ability on hard-pack and rough terrain, saying after drving over lots (700 miles) of sharp rocks and cactus they didn't get any flats.

Mx300exRyder
04-23-2003, 10:48 AM
I had them on my old 300, and I was able to go through mud that most trucks got stuck in. If I was to get a mud tire for mine that would be one of my choices.