PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice for GNCC race, Rausch Creek

kc 300EX
04-23-2003, 09:25 AM
Me and My cousin are definetly going to the GNCC race at Rausch Creek and we really want to race, but we need some help.

First off, we're not sure wich class to run. He rides a Warrior and I ride a 300EX. We want to run either the First Year class or the Sport Class......We arent sure though, so whats your guys opinions on that? Also, the first year class is limited to people in their first year of AMA competition? Sooo, I raced a MX race this past November, does that disqualify me?? I never raced any other AMA races except that one, but that was technically last year.

Next Question is about our Quads setups. On my 300 I have 250R front a-arms and shocks, and I have rear wheel spacers. On his Warrior he has front wheel spacers and a Durablue axle. The Warrior has 20" Razr 2's and my 300 has 22" Sur Traks on it(not such a good choice I know)
The question is should we make our quads Narrower?? Its not that hard but we dont know if it will help or harm us. We're not exactly sure what the track is like, so we dont know if widened quads is going to be a pain or if skinny tippy quads would be a pain.
We never have any trouble riding trails, but a race is a totally different story.
Thanx

ex kid
04-23-2003, 11:27 AM
get different tires for your 300. stay with 20's or 22's. i would get holeshots or razars, both work very well. i'm not a fan of wheel spacers, i think they put more stress on the hubs and studs than they need, especally when jumping. for xc you want to stay within about an 1inch of stock with. i know there are some fast guys in the sport class, i think the guy from the quadshop has a 330 kit on his 300 but i'm not sure. that sounds like a good class tho. first year racer would also probably be good,but let someone who follows the series answer the class questions.

kc 300EX
04-23-2003, 01:48 PM
whats the competition like in these classes?? How many quads do you think are in each class? What do you think is the better Idea to get into?

GNCC#829
04-23-2003, 02:58 PM
The GNCC people don't check anything for you to run First Year Racer. But there aren't any points kept for that class. It didn't sound like that mattered to you though. So the decision is, do you want the morning race or the afternoon race. I would stick to the morning race if it is your first race, because the track gets much harder throughout the day. As for the competition, it is tough in whatever class you choose. I don't know anything about the sport class, But I do know about last years First Year Class. I won two races in that class, and Wingnut won a race too. Wingnut is leading the Four Stroke Novice 16-24 Class, and I am leading the Four stroke B class(although I have retired for the rest of the season) I can only assume that this years class is just as fast!:D Hope I helped!:muscle:

Wingnut
04-23-2003, 04:48 PM
I'd do FYR if I was you. If you run the sport class you are going to get lapped by a lot of people by the end of the race. I think that having to keep letting people by would get old after a while. In FYR if you get lapped it will probably be only by a few people unless you are really slow. That is, if you get lapped at all. I only got lapped once last year and that was on a 6 mile track with a lot of bottlenecks that held me up. And, don't think that you will be more compettive power wise in the sport class, a lot of those guys have some well built motors. And, no, the FYR class this year is not as fast as last year, not yet any way. I had the chance to pass the FYR top three at Big Buck and they were nowhere as fast as the guys I raced last year.

04-23-2003, 05:09 PM
So are you saying you can run any machine in the first year class????????

Wingnut
04-24-2003, 01:38 AM
Yep, last year we had about everything. It wasn't too uncommon to even see utilities and Scramblers in FYR.

kc 300EX
04-24-2003, 08:37 AM
Thanks Guys, Im gonna go for the First Year Racer class

cdalejef
04-24-2003, 08:50 AM
From what 465 stroker says, Raush Creek is going to be extremely rocky. So a good 6ply set of tires will be a must.
I agree with the other guys....stick with FYR. The leader of the Sport class is our sponsored rider Dave Maccarroll. He is very fast as well as about half the other guys in that class like Bradly300. Most of the quads in that class have built motors and aftermarket shocks.

Ryan
04-24-2003, 09:30 AM
kc, you live somewhere around me..... How far is Ruasch Creek from you?

kc 300EX
04-24-2003, 10:34 AM
Rausch Creek is about 3 hours from me, give or take. Not that bad, all highway.

kc 300EX
04-24-2003, 11:05 AM
What part of Rausch Creek is the race going to be in? Theres 3 parts right, I assume its the same part as the mx tracks are, just wanna make sure.

bradley300
04-24-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
From what 465 stroker says, Raush Creek is going to be extremely rocky. So a good 6ply set of tires will be a must.
I agree with the other guys....stick with FYR. The leader of the Sport class is our sponsored rider Dave Maccarroll. He is very fast as well as about half the other guys in that class like Bradly300. Most of the quads in that class have built motors and aftermarket shocks.

aww shucks Jeff,:D

04-24-2003, 08:34 PM
Yep, last year we had about everything. It wasn't too uncommon to even see utilities and Scramblers in FYR.

So you saying I could enter my EX in the first year class? Maybe be better to check out the rules cause I keep hearing diff things about the gncc classes and how its all diff than the local district races. any thoughts?

What part of Rausch Creek is the race going to be in? Theres 3 parts right, I assume its the same part as the mx tracks are, just wanna make sure.
The previous harescramble there didnt even touch the tracks, it was cut into the woods behind the tracks.

GNCC#829
04-25-2003, 02:57 AM
The first year class is an open class. You can run ANYTHING.:D

660bigdaddy
04-26-2003, 04:26 AM
[i] Raush Creek is going to be extremely rocky. So a good 6ply set of tires will be a must.
[/B]
i hate rocks !!:grr i guess i better start asking my buddy's if i can borrow some wheels. hehehehe

04-26-2003, 06:52 PM
The first year class is an open class. You can run ANYTHING.

Hmmmmm that may be intersesting, but I suspect it wouldnt be the only one that isnt quite stock :macho