PDA

View Full Version : Lsr Axle: Stripped Sprocket Hub?

racerx573
04-23-2003, 08:32 AM
Well I've had 2 LSR axles and had the sprocket hub splines strip. The first axle stripped last summer some time and eventually spun all the way around, it was about 4 years old then. The axle on it now is about a year old or so and is starting to strip (tons of play). Now my axle nut is tight, and all. Are these things just junk or is it common? Or is my R just so powerful it's putting too much torque on the hub?? My sprockets seem to hold up well too. My friend has had his RPM with standard hub for 5 years now and has never had a problem...

trx400ex
04-23-2003, 09:48 AM
send it back to lsr, my wheel hub splines are all messed up on the axle i just bought :mad: i hate it

racerx573
04-23-2003, 12:20 PM
I think I'll be purchasing an RPM in the near future...

Tommy 17
04-23-2003, 12:52 PM
jay stop ur whining... u got a pro trax:p :eek: haha j.k

i'd call lsr and atleast see if u can get a new axle to resale....

forum
04-23-2003, 12:57 PM
keep your hubs bolts tight. thats your problem. Mine loosen up after almost every race.

trx400ex
04-23-2003, 01:26 PM
if you are talking to me then i never had a chance to keep them tight, i had a couple ten minute rides on them, plus i had trouble getting the hubs on when it was brand new out of the box..

krazykurtk
04-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Hey Forum...how is keeping the hub bolts tight going to stop the sprocket hub from wearing out. I think you are getting confused between the two.
My sprocket hub is doing the same thing. It isn't even a year old and the splines are starting to get alot of play in them. The hub also has play side to side. But I guess it's going to happen if they are made out of aluminum. I assume the RPM also has an aluminum sprocket hub and the same situation would develop over time.

racerx573
04-25-2003, 07:52 AM
RPM makes a race hub axle which the hub has about 2 times the spline area, so I'd imagine it would wear a lot slower.

forum
04-25-2003, 10:18 AM
""send it back to lsr, my wheel hub splines are all messed up on the axle i just bought i hate it""

sorry i was thinkin about the wheel hubs because i've had a problem with them loosening lately. The only solution i can think of for the sproket hub is tightening the axle lock nut. When you say you striped the splines. is that on the actual axle or the hub?

racerx573
04-25-2003, 02:22 PM
I am pretty sure its the hub.