PDA

View Full Version : 440ex problems

12-25-2001, 01:02 AM
I have CT racings 10:1 comp 440 kit instaled. With it is White Bros E siries slip on. K&N filter /w precharger, pro design kill switch, snorkel on still, air box lid on to. Any one that has a setup like this, can you tell me. Is yours a pain to start, and doesit foul plugs after evey ride. I raised the clip, and is dosent foul as much, but it is still hard to start.

tinner
12-25-2001, 08:11 AM
Have you bumped up your pilot jet for the cold starts ? I havent heard anyone complaining about fouled plugs.Is your jetting dialed in?

12-25-2001, 09:55 AM
yea, i messed around with it, i know it is running rich somewear, yet the plug is white as can be after draging, so i have to go up a couple sizes in jets, right.

tinner
12-25-2001, 11:41 AM
As far as reading the plug goes...it is dificult and isnt as reliable as it used to be because of the new fuels we now have to run. I would oversize the main by a few jets and work your way down.Powroll's website explains what works pretty well.I would imagine a 142 or 145 pilot would suit the idle circuit just fine. I have a stock bore and run a 140 pilot and a 162 main w/lid on and clip down one notch. It takes some trial & error but she runs smooth now.

Chef
12-25-2001, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by tinner
As far as reading the plug goes...it is dificult and isnt as reliable as it used to be because of the new fuels we now have to run. I would oversize the main by a few jets and work your way down.Powroll's website explains what works pretty well.I would imagine a 142 or 145 pilot would suit the idle circuit just fine. I have a stock bore and run a 140 pilot and a 162 main w/lid on and clip down one notch. It takes some trial & error but she runs smooth now.

Are you totally sure that its not a 40 pilot and not a 140 pilot?